Osmo 3 vibrating when turning on - SOLVED
6867 5 2021-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Merlinii
lvl.1

United States

PROBLEM:
I have been having a major problem with my Osmo 3 ever since I got my iPhone 12 Pro.
BTW - the iPhone 12 Pro does fit in the Osmo 3 holder. I have not tried the iPhone Pro Max.

When I turn the gimbal on it has a lot of vibration (much stronger than vibrate on the iPhone)
When I switch between portrait and landscape mode it starts shaking and vibrating even worse!

I've tried the different cameras Native iPhone, Filmic Pro, and DJI MIMO and it still shakes and jitters,
I was not sure if the gimbal was broken or damaged. The Gimbal vibrated very badly and was unusable.

SOLUTION:
After trying MANY things I removed the iPhone 12 Pro MagSafe case (I have the one from OtterBox.)
I also have the Apple silicone MagSafe Case but I have not tried it to see if it has the same issues.
With the MagSafe case removed the Osmo Mobile 3 and DJI MIMO (and others) now work GREAT!!!

* My thoughts are... the magnet in the MagSafe case(s) and the Osmo 3 don't play well together.
I hope my findings may help others that may have found this issue with jitter, shaking, and vibrating,

2021-1-11
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

My 12 Pro Max does fit my OM3, even with a case on (not MagSafe), and works well.
2021-1-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Merlinii. I am sorry fro the trouble this has caused you before and thank you for reaching out. Just a reminder that afterchecking the said mobile device ( iPhone 12 Pro ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Osmo Mobile 3. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said gimbal. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPhone 12 Pro will be able to work on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. But however, since it's not yet optimized and tested with the said DJI gimbal we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time when in use. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _List_en_0526_1.pdf ). Thank you.
2021-1-11
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

There is a degree of absurdity in suggesting that someone change out their very expensive phone based on compatibility with the OM. Maybe DJI should consider addressing the compatibility issues.
2021-1-11
Use props
christian.loew
New

United States

The reply that the OSMO Mobile 3 is not compatible with newer iPhones is silly, just because the documentation hasn't been updated since before the iPhone 12 was released.

I am running into the same problem with the iPhone 14 Pro, but the problem only occurs in vertical orientation, not horizontal orientation. I can resolve it usually by slightly shifting the phone clamps in the holder, i.e. by better balancing the phone.
2023-12-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

christian.loew@gmail.com Posted at 12-1 14:08
The reply that the OSMO Mobile 3 is not compatible with newer iPhones is silly, just because the documentation hasn't been updated since before the iPhone 12 was released.

I am running into the same problem with the iPhone 14 Pro, but the problem only occurs in vertical orientation, not horizontal orientation. I can resolve it usually by slightly shifting the phone clamps in the holder, i.e. by better balancing the phone.

We apologize for the inconvenience. As your mobile phone’s dimensions and weight meet the gimbal’s hardware requirements, you can connect your mobile phone to a DJI device’s Bluetooth, and then use the mobile phone camera or a third-party camera app for gimbal stabilization when recording. However, we have not tested your mobile phone software compatibility with DJI Mimo. When your mobile phone is being used with DJI Mimo, unknown issues may occur, such as freezing, crashing, and recording errors, which will affect your usage experience. Please rest assured. We will provide your mobile phone model to DJI engineers and will check your mobile phone compatibility and adaption first. However, checking for compatibility requires time, and we are unable to give you a specific reply at the moment. If your mobile phone is confirmed to be compatible, we will add the model to the Mobile Phone Compatibility List. Please keep an eye out for updates to the Mobile Phone Compatibility List on the DJI official website. Have a great day ahead.
2023-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules