Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New EASA UAS course certification A1/A3 category - Free online
14356 30 2021-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cients
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

To all fellow pilots that wish to have:
  • A formal course certification on the new EU regulations on Unmaned Aircraft Systems;
  • Free, online and at distance of a click;
  • Provided by the Remote Pilot Certification of Competence;
  • From the European Union Safety Agency, with EUROCONTROL;
  • With a course certificate after the course evaluation, valid for 5 years.

Can register for UAS Remote Pilot Open Category - A1+A3 [GEN-UAS-OPEN-A1+A3] at the following link:

https://trainingzone.eurocontrol.int/

EASA.jpg
2021-1-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Cients. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this link and for giving out these information. Again, thank you for your support and keep on flying.
2021-1-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is this the course you are referring to - https://trainingzone.eurocontrol ... p;catalogId=8264768
2021-1-12
Use props
Cients
lvl.4
Portugal

DAFlys Posted at 1-12 01:22
Is this the course you are referring to - https://trainingzone.eurocontrol.int/ilp/pages/coursedescription.jsf?courseId=8753783&catalogId=8264768

Yes, it is that course!
2021-1-12
Use props
mark117h
lvl.4
Flight distance : 241306 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Cients, would this course apply to people from the UK seeming it is from EuroControl, seeming the uk has left the EU how would it stand potentially, would it be legal in the UK, or would it only apply if i chose to go into any EU country, would i be then safe to fly there after doing this course, just wondering as have been having a look and it does seem very interesting, I'm just a little sceptical of getting free thing's in life.
2021-1-12
Use props
Nik Thomas
lvl.1

United Kingdom

mark117h Posted at 1-12 15:49
Hi Cients, would this course apply to people from the UK seeming it is from EuroControl, seeming the uk has left the EU how would it stand potentially, would it be legal in the UK, or would it only apply if i chose to go into any EU country, would i be then safe to fly there after doing this course, just wondering as have been having a look and it does seem very interesting, I'm just a little sceptical of getting free thing's in life.

Bear in mind that this is A1/A3 training, and your existing CAA qualification remains valid for these categories.

The additional training requirement to fly away closer than 150m from residential areas is the A2 category, which this does not cover.

Nik
2021-1-14
Use props
Cients
lvl.4
Portugal

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-11 19:47
Hello there Cients. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this link and for giving out these information. Again, thank you for your support and keep on flying.

You are welcome.
Best regards,
Luís
2021-1-14
Use props
Cients
lvl.4
Portugal

Hi Cients, would this course apply to people from the UK seeming it is from EuroControl, seeming the uk has left the EU how would it stand potentially, would it be legal in the UK, or would it only apply if i chose to go into any EU country, would i be then safe to fly there after doing this course, just wondering as have been having a look and it does seem very interesting, I'm just a little sceptical of getting free thing's in life.

Hello Mark!
Sorry for the delay.
I checked the registration platform and you can register as working on a country, including UK.
However, the regulations are mandatory only to all the EU countries. However there are differences, for example in the need to have an insurance.
Concluding, probably this is not directly applicable in UK regulations, however the course is interesting about the concepts A1, A2 and A3.
Best regards,
Luís   
2021-1-14
Use props
Cients
lvl.4
Portugal

I have found that UK has also a similar concept:
https://www.caa.co.uk/Consumers/ ... -the-open-category/
2021-1-14
Use props
Cients
lvl.4
Portugal

Nik Thomas Posted at 1-14 01:35
Bear in mind that this is A1/A3 training, and your existing CAA qualification remains valid for these categories.

The additional training requirement to fly away closer than 150m from residential areas is the A2 category, which this does not cover.

Hi Nik!
I think that the concept is "much heavier drone, maintain much safer distance".
In fact, with light drones (until 900 grams) you can fly close to people and infrastructures (A1 subcategory). Not allowed to fly over people assembly.
With A2 you have to fly 30 meters from people and buildings but you can flyover isolated people, not assembly. In this subcategory, due to the possibility of flyover people associated with the weight of the drone (maximum 4 kg) you have to complementary pass a practical examination.
In category A3 you are not allowed to flyover people neither buildings and the drone has to fly away 150 meters from them.
At least is my understanding.
Have nice flights.
2021-1-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Cients Posted at 1-14 05:25
You are welcome.
Best regards,
Luís

Hi there Luís. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2021-1-17
Use props
Cients
lvl.4
Portugal

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-17 21:41
Hi there Luís. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always.  .

Dear Stephen,

By chance, do you know anything about case CAS-5698330-H3Y1V9 ?
If you can provide any help to speed up the process, would be very grateful.

Thank you very much for your kindness and care about this subject!
2021-1-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Cients Posted at 1-18 13:11
Dear Stephen,

By chance, do you know anything about case CAS-5698330-H3Y1V9 ?

Hi there Luís. Thank you for the reply and for these information. I will forward this case number to the designated DJI department for us to be able to assist you with regards to this matter and with your case as well. Thank you.
2021-1-19
Use props
Cients
lvl.4
Portugal

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-19 22:07
Hi there Luís. Thank you for the reply and for these information. I will forward this case number to the designated DJI department for us to be able to assist you with regards to this matter and with your case as well. Thank you.

Thank you.
They already replied.
Best regards,
2021-1-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Cients Posted at 1-20 08:44
Thank you.
They already replied.
Best regards,

Hi there Luís. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. .
2021-1-20
Use props
dji_MODDER
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Done, I have my certificate!! and registrated for 5 years , it took me 2,5 hours. and it was FREE!!!

2021-1-21
Use props
Cients
lvl.4
Portugal

dji_MODDER Posted at 1-21 00:40
Done, I have my certificate!! and registrated for 5 years , it took me 2,5 hours. and it was FREE!!!

Congratulations!
2021-1-22
Use props
Cients
lvl.4
Portugal

dji_MODDER Posted at 1-21 00:40

Congratulations!
2021-1-22
Use props
dji_MODDER
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Thanks again for finding this
2021-1-24
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45459 ft
United Kingdom

i see you have to be part of an organisation to take part in the training ? looks like a great course
2021-1-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 1-24 07:27
i see you have to be part of an organisation to take part in the training ? looks like a great course

Seems to be the Portuguese version of our own exam that we have to do above 250grams.
2021-1-24
Use props
Cients
lvl.4
Portugal

dji_MODDER Posted at 1-24 02:11
Thanks again for finding this

You are very welcome!
2021-1-28
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45459 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-24 07:40
Seems to be the Portuguese version of our own exam that we have to do above 250grams.

cheers mate ! confused me there for a minute lol
2021-3-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 3-14 02:48
cheers mate ! confused me there for a minute lol

You're very welcome.
2021-3-14
Use props
amferreira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 263225 ft
Portugal

Hi Cients, would this course apply to people from the UK seeming it is from EuroControl, seeming the uk has left the EU how would it stand potentially, would it be legal in the UK, or would it only apply if i chose to go into any EU country, would i be then safe to fly there after doing this course, just wondering as have been having a look and it does seem very interesting, I'm just a little sceptical of getting free thing's in life.

This training is only valid for EASA countries, as the UK left EASA this is no longer valid. Although there are similar rules in the UK, you need a valid UK CAA certificate to fly in the UK.

In EASA countries, UAS operations in the Open category are divided in three subcategories:

A1 - fly over people

A2 - fly close to people

A3 - fly away from people, buikdings, factories amd leisure places

UAS will be classed according to the EASA rule as C0, C1, C2, C3 and C4. There no C classed UAS at this moment but when they will the DJI Mini will be a C0, the MA 2 a C1 and M2P a C2.
You need the A1-A3 CofC to fly a C1 UAS in all subcategories and to fly C2, C3 and C4 UAS only in subcategory A3. The later UAS's can fly in the subcategory A2 if the pilot has a A2 CofC.

Because there aren't any C classed UAS at this moment, all existing and unclassed drones are considered legacy.

Legacy UAS are separeted by weight and there will be a transition period up to December 31st 2022.

sub250gr - can fly in all subcategories (A1, A2 and A3) without any pilot certification. Only reading of  the Manufacturer Manual is required,

250gr-499gr - can fly in subcategories A1, A2 and A3 with the A1-A3 CofC, only during the transition period. After it will be only allowed to fly in subcategory A3.

500gr-1999gr . can fly in subcategory A3 with the A1-A3 CofC. During the ttransition period can be allowed to fly in subcategory A2 with the A2 CofC.

I have a DJI Mavic Mini and I don't need any CofC to fly it in EASA countries, However, I did the EuroControl A1-A3 CofC and I recomend it to all UAS pilots even if it isn't required.

2021-3-17
Use props
amferreira
lvl.4
Portugal

post deleted
2021-3-17
Use props
amferreira
lvl.4
Portugal

Cients Posted at 1-14 05:44
Hi Nik!
I think that the concept is "much heavier drone, maintain much safer distance".
In fact, with light drones (until 900 grams) you can fly close to people and infrastructures (A1 subcategory). Not allowed to fly over people assembly.

The A2 category isn't the same if you are flying a C classed UAS or a legacy UAS. C classed can fly to 30 meters but legacy UAS can only fly to 50 meters.
2021-3-17
Use props
Cients
lvl.4
Portugal

2021-3-17
Use props
djiuser_ItvUsZvv56p5
New

United States

Hi I have been try to open the link and it doesn’t work
It’s says I don’t have access to that
Do I need to contact with them ?
Thank you
2022-7-2
Use props
Eye-In-The-Sky
New
Flight distance : 118 ft
Israel

The link is working. About 2.5 hours to complete the A1+A3. Thank you all
2022-8-16
Use props
djiuser_lsQM6C20Ne0W
New

United Kingdom

Is there a test? Or do you just complete the course? Thankyou very much for your help and for providing the course details
2023-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules