Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New DJI Smart Controller Firmware Released (01/12/2021)
123Next >
20524 87 2021-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Monkey007
Captain
Flight distance : 17964652 ft
  • >>>
Australia

JEZ2 Posted at 1-13 11:24
The wording I took was from the actual release date, not what it is on the website today.  (The website today includes the Air 2, which is obviously  not what I posted).

I don't think Apple (or hardly any company) makes many claims about future, unreleased products.  Can't imagine too many corporate lawyers allowing a statement like "will work with all future lightning cable products).  Apple's site is exactly like DJI's.  If you go look at a lightning cable and click on "compatibility" it lists every previous and current device it works with.  No claims about future devices.  

Not trying to start a debate with you here, but how did you take the wording from 'the actual release date'? Would you have a screenshot of it to share?
2021-1-13
Use props
JEZ2
First Officer
Flight distance : 336204 ft
United States

Monkey007 Posted at 1-13 12:35
Not trying to start a debate with you here, but how did you take the wording from 'the actual release date'? Would you have a screenshot of it to share?

Sure....it's from the press release on the day they announced it...

2021-1-13
Use props
Monkey007
Captain
Flight distance : 17964652 ft
  • >>>
Australia

JEZ2 Posted at 1-13 12:50
Sure....it's from the press release on the day they announced it...

[view_image]

Thank you for clarifying, you are absolutely right. I must have read the word 'future' somewhere else on the website at the time.
2021-1-13
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI, I'm gonna need you to make the SC compatible with the Mini 2 please.
2021-1-13
Use props
fansf1368d9b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25837 ft
  • >>>
United States

I sure hope you make the smart controller available to use with the MM2. I have a super fast internet and the new update is taking forever. I’ve never seen it this slow before. Make sure you have plenty of time.
2021-1-13
Use props
djiuser_SjiBnGpfpJKr
lvl.1
United States

Im using the smart controller with my MA2 and the dji fly app keeps freezing. Dji tech support have not been able to help figure this out, as I have spent several hours and several phone calls to be let down by their lack of knowledge and service. If any has experienced connection issues with the SC and found a fix, please share how you fixed the issue. Thanks in advance.
2021-1-15
Use props
FlyRacer
First Officer
Flight distance : 178596 ft
  • >>>
Germany

still no Mini 2 Compatibility? What?????
2021-1-16
Use props
vz10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1683727 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey, guys

I have no idea how does  your roadmap look like but you'd better adjust to what people actually asking for. No iPhone 12 support for OM4, no Mavic  Mini 2 support in Smart Controller, so who do you think your customers are? People with old drones and old phones? And if I want to be up to date DJI is not my choice is that what you're trying to say?
2021-1-16
Use props
StryderTV
lvl.1

United Kingdom

As a pro user I would instantly buy a Mini 2 if it supported the smart controller as it gives such flexibility for certain jobs
2021-1-17
Use props
FlyRacer
First Officer
Flight distance : 178596 ft
  • >>>
Germany

hope they will release a FW Update soon for the Mini 2 ...
2021-1-17
Use props
djiuser_f1fYTBVPCHrz
lvl.2
United States

hyperone Posted at 1-11 19:31
This controller would sell like hot cakes if you added support for the Mini 2. But as I've seen comments on other posts you aren't planning on it. Please don't continue down this path like other companies choose to ignore your users. Please listen to your users and at least try and give us what we ask instead of a cold shoulder.

Oh also please add support for the Mini 2 controller to Flight Simulator

I agree.  I didn't know about he smart controller when I bought my Mini 2.  Having to use a phone and control station is clunky, people have problems with the cable connection, the power button on phone getting turned off.  I can't afford the SC right now but see many advantages.  I can't believe that DJI wouldn't provide support for the SC.  

The SC sales info seems to indicate that any drone with OcuSync 2.0 is compatible but I can't fork out the money for SC without knowing for sure that it works with the Mini 2
2021-1-18
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Mini 2 support....... Waiting
2021-1-18
Use props
Groundpilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2106 ft
Canada

Can anyone show how to check the "local data mode" in smart controller?
Thanks.
2021-1-18
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Captain
Flight distance : 10679895 ft
  • >>>
Italy

No Mini 2 support?!?! These are crazy people!

Why is there still no support for the Mini 2 with the Smart Controller?!?!?! Yet already today it is possible to use the same original remote for both the Mavic Air 2 and the Mini 2!
Both me and my other colleagues are waiting to buy the Mini 2 for our work ... but only if it is compatible with SC.
2021-1-20
Use props
djiuser_QhLMDexDfolG
lvl.1

France

Is the french language in the new firmware updade January 2021?
2021-1-22
Use props
yaron elram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29035 ft
Israel

Hello.
ן have a problem to upgrade.
I use dji assistant 2.0.14
The smart controller is full battery. Sd card is out. Over 3giga is free. Connect via USB 3 to computer.
But in 16% upgrade I getting this message ?
I tested 2 times but this is the message.
I upload error log.
Look at the picture.
I need help ?
Thank.
20210123_071641.jpg
20210123_071729.jpg
20210123_073210.jpg
20210123_073812.jpg
2021-1-22
Use props
djiuser_b6vYKUS023IM
New

Spain

yaron elram Posted at 1-22 21:26
Hello.

It happend the same to me with same error code and same images....
7 times to do it and still failling.
2021-1-23
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49954 ft
United Kingdom

Same here, I also skipped the last update as shown above.
2nd attempt hung on 16% Error code 0x0200dc
3rd - now with genuine USB cable, tring to upgrade to V01.00.0860 first then the latest...
Ok so V01.00.0860 now installed, lets try the latest again.. (0880)
DONE.

2021-1-24
Use props
KTM80PT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 743235 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_b6vYKUS023IM Posted at 1-23 20:19
It happend the same to me with same error code and same images....
7 times to do it and still failling.
You may find you don’t have enough space, if you don’t mind....reset the rc to factory then update. Should have no issue as this frees up a lot of space- worked for me.
Only things is you will lose setting/data and have to log back into dji acc.
2021-1-25
Use props
djiuser_Em1COguuGN0J
lvl.1

United States

I’m having issues with DJI GO4 on smart controller. Try to open app and it says the device doesn’t support app. Uninstalled same thing happens
2021-1-25
Use props
djiuser_Y9UGFAqhNkU3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 915200 ft
Spain

yo tengo un problema con mis videos, se congela por momentos
2021-1-26
Use props
JohnLietzke
Captain
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is the latest DJI Fly app update v1.2.4 compiled for the smart controller yet?
2021-1-27
Use props
Indio
Captain
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

where are the DJI GO 4 App: v4.3.40 for the SC ?
2021-1-28
Use props
djiuser_lVSVahXfreKJ
lvl.2
Greece

Hello.
Hello,
I face exactly the same
problem.When i connect to the computer when it reaches 16% of the upgrade. I upload error log. I tried it 4 times
I also did a factory reset, nothing happened, it crashes to 16% while I have passed version 860

2021-2-1
Use props
bezdog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10853 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello,
Haven't been flying for quite some time. Update of SC met with frustration but finally accomplished through some form of magic. However, I now have 3 new system apps that are in Chinese. Did any of you get this result? I jumped over several versions, so this may have been addressed in an earlier update. Any thoughts?

Also, would someone mind refreshing me two brain cells on how to update apps like Litchi, etc.

Mahalo

PS I'd be buying a Mini 2 if the SC supported same. DJI, get your big boy pants on and do it.

2021-2-1
Use props
Indio
Captain
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Indio Posted at 1-28 15:45
where are the DJI GO 4 App: v4.3.40 for the SC ?

ok, installed v4.3.42 now ; -)
2021-2-1
Use props
leftyroth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1821 ft

United States

JohnLietzke Posted at 1-27 18:33
I was wondering if anyone knows if there is the latest DJI Fly app update v1.2.4 compiled for the smart controller yet?

You can not use the v1.2.4 with SC. Its only for use with basic controller using IOS or android.
They are supposedly working on it. Go figure
2021-2-4
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Captain
Flight distance : 10679895 ft
  • >>>
Italy

StryderTV Posted at 1-17 10:45
As a pro user I would instantly buy a Mini 2 if it supported the smart controller as it gives such flexibility for certain jobs

Me too... I'm waiting!
2021-2-5
Use props
JohnDG
Captain
Flight distance : 887067 ft
Malaysia

Hello.

take out SD card before updating and set screen saver time out to "none". Afterwarts you can insert the SD card again.
2021-2-5
Use props
Satureyes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 524908 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Don't hold any hope for the logic being that one controller will work across their product range.
I invested in the Crystalsky - they kinda gave up on pushing updates for it regularly and whilst it was a great screen, they didn't push it. They were talking of it being an on camera monitor etc - so it was a little more useful - but nothing happened. Essentially it was a very expensive tablet that wasn't updated enough.
The last firmware was 2019 - yet they still sell it.

The smart controller is lovely but it's going to be superseded soon I'm sure. There's too many people with smartphones who are happy with that solution to bother about catering for the mass market with a controller that's expensive and will become obsolete - with no updates for new drones.

I agree that they should sell drones with NO controller but offer something like the SC as a 'one size fits all' remote - perhaps unlocking firmware for different drones like the inspire.

The trouble is the screen tech/processing power  is always going to be taken over my the latest iPhone or android phone - and with all the new drones coming out then the new tech and features would need to be backwards compatible with the controller.

The mini is a 'disposable' toy - you use it for a few years max. If it falls and breaks then it's not several thousand dollars of kit.
2021-2-6
Use props
luciens
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Satureyes Posted at 2-6 05:25
Don't hold any hope for the logic being that one controller will work across their product range.
I invested in the Crystalsky - they kinda gave up on pushing updates for it regularly and whilst it was a great screen, they didn't push it. They were talking of it being an on camera monitor etc - so it was a little more useful - but nothing happened. Essentially it was a very expensive tablet that wasn't updated enough.
The last firmware was 2019 - yet they still sell it.

All-in-one type solutions like the Smart Controller are always kind of a coin-toss as to whether they'll be successful or not. But sometimes they are - ironically, look at the iPhone . It turned Apple into the largest company on the planet.

But I agree to make the SC successful, DJI will have to take some risks. They've always been a kind throw-it-against-the-wall-and-see-what-sticks kind of outfit, and a lot of their stuff has failed because they threw it away way too quickly. Like most of us, I used to have a closet full of DJI failures . But I think they'll have to push the SC if they want it to succeed - regular firmware updates that actually fix real problems and then substantial revisions to the hardware in the next versions. They can't just discontinue it after the 1.0 release and stiff the customer with an expensive orphan like they usually do (eg. my DJI goggles).

Now that DJI is such a large company, though, they may be able to endure pushing a good product with flagging sales initially until it takes off (so to speak). They're doing that with the FPV system, for example, where they're more aggressive about fixing problems and improving it (probably because it's in such high demand). So maybe they can do that with the SC, if they really see it as a way to unify and simplify their software platforms and the demand for it is there. It's got to be a nightmare having to support all those different versions of iOS and Android, and a unified Ain1 approach can be successful.

I have a SC, but right now, I regret buying it and I don't recommend it as-is (too many bugs, reduced range can be a safety issue). But I'm keeping it because it's the only way I can fly my MA2 with my DJI goggles. And who knows, DJI may fix the bugs with future FW updates if they don't ditch it and orphan it first like they typically do.

For all I know the reduced range may not be a limitation with the existing transmitters in the unit and they may be able to bump up the power output with FW also....
2021-2-6
Use props
Heed
lvl.2
Flight distance : 60413 ft
United States

WJvdBh Posted at 1-13 06:28
´add local data mode´? where can I see/find it and what does it do?

Found this while researching mapping applications and I was on measure.com:

"Block DJI data sharing with local data mode"

It's on the Product Page under "2 Fly and Collect Data".

I am not sure if this is the same thing as referenced in the update, but it seems like it is.  Perhaps other software was able to invoke this feature through the API.  Perhaps now anyone can turn it on or off as they see fit.
2021-2-22
Use props
djiuser_oa8SAcv6p75l
lvl.1

Australia

When will the mini 2 get SC support. the drone might be entry level however it has ocusync and the SC is the perfect product for the enthusiasts i would much rather shell out $1000 bucs for a SC thats gonna give me the best experience for multiple dji drones than the same money on a tablet or top tier phone which takes about 15mins to setup before you fly and you still run into app compatability problems
2021-2-23
Use props
Jonny Lakewood
lvl.3
Flight distance : 484760 ft
United States

I am a long time DJI customer.  I purchased the SC as soon as it came out because it surpasses the usability of the iPhone relative to screen brightness, battery performance (especially in cold weather!) and convenience.  I use DJI products professionally and recently purchased the Mini 2 because traveling with the Mavic 2Z, batts, charger set, etc. has became too cumbersome and heavy with all my other gear.  Every ounce matters.  
The Mini 2 is an awesome camera drone whether you are a newb or a pro!  My Mini 2 purchase was based on travel size and weight but my hope was DJI will extend the convenience we paid for in the SC to the Mini 2.
DJI has had a plenty of time to figure out if they will or will not be able to make the two compatible.   I don't understand why they don't get it done or tell us they're not going to do it.
2021-2-28
Use props
bengan
lvl.1

Sweden

I just wonder how the heck should I update if I aint got windows nor do I have mac? I got Linux.
2021-3-1
Use props
FloridaNext
First Officer
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

bengan Posted at 3-1 08:47
I just wonder how the heck should I update if I aint got windows nor do I have mac? I got Linux.

You could update the SC with the internal update function in the SC. In this case it actually works better than the DJI Assistant 2 with all it's drop outs and the connectivity problems.
2021-3-1
Use props
bengan
lvl.1

Sweden

FloridaNext Posted at 3-1 09:20
You could update the SC with the internal update function in the SC. In this case it actually works better than the DJI Assistant 2 with all it's drop outs and the connectivity problems.

I seem to have a version that is not possible to update through the internal update due to some bug.
2021-3-1
Use props
bengan
lvl.1

Sweden

bengan Posted at 3-1 10:54
I seem to have a version that is not possible to update through the internal update due to some bug.

Speak of the devil. I've been trying to upgrade for some time now (actually a couple of month) and it has just been hanging. Suddenly, some minutes ago, it starts to update through the internal update.
2021-3-1
Use props
djiuser_0Vnd4xeIXNp7
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_SjiBnGpfpJKr Posted at 1-15 09:45
Im using the smart controller with my MA2 and the dji fly app keeps freezing. Dji tech support have not been able to help figure this out, as I have spent several hours and several phone calls to be let down by their lack of knowledge and service. If any has experienced connection issues with the SC and found a fix, please share how you fixed the issue. Thanks in advance.

Came here to find a solution to the same problem.  Everything updated, crap range and Fly has crashed 8 or 9 times in 4 hours of flying on the sc.
2021-3-5
Use props
Ratzlaff
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I would 100% purchase a Mini 2 if the Smart Controller supported it.
2021-3-9
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules