Be very careful with snow
871 4 2021-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
redarflap
lvl.1
Italy

Hi,

i share my experience, just to remind  to be very careful with snow/water in general.

Some days ago, i accidentally flew backwards into a tree, resulting in a crash landing in about 10 cm deep snow.
The drone was sitting there for about a minute. Then i removed the battery, removed all the snow i could see and set it to dry on a warm oven for an hour, which probably was way to short.

There seemed to be entered a tiny bit of snow into the air inlets at the front, but i didn't feel to worried about it.

However during the next flight about 5 minutes in, suddenly i lost contact to the mini 2, but it was restored seconds later.
Then i noticed, the battery level in the top right corner was not showing anymore, so i flew home and landed safely.

I set the mini 2 to dry in a bag with silica gel for some days and again put it on the warm oven over night.
However, the problems stayed.
Instead of showing the battery charging level, the two middle leds kept on blinking.
The drone powers on, but during powering on, only one of the two bottom sensors seems to be turned on (not sure if this is normal, you can see if the sensor is active in the dark)
When turned on, the drone shows error code 30064, nothing else.
Gimbal, camera, etc. seems to work.

So be careful and never fly, when there is even the slightest doubt, if there was snow entering your drone.

I issued a care refresh request, but what a waste to something, that could probably have been avoided by just having more patience before flying again.

2021-1-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not just snow, just cold weather can be enough - https://dronedj.com/2021/01/04/w ... crash-due-to-icing/
2021-1-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there redarflap. Thank you for sharing this flight experience that you had with your DJI Mini 2 and for reaching out. For additional reference I will also post a link where in you can check some tips on Flying a Drone in Winter: 5 Things You Must Know ( https://store.dji.com/guides/winter-drone-flying-tips/ ). Thank you and please fly with caution.
2021-1-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the warning!
2021-1-12
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Sorry about your drone, thanks for the warning!
2021-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules