https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o_XWbHuwsfw
2021-1-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nah,   its going to work great for Sony but not other cameras.
2021-1-12
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

Like Dji cam work only on Dji drones.
2021-1-12
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

No competition in this incarnation, unless Sony will develop an specialized aerial camera + gimbal better than X7 and offer the package with competitive price. Unlikely, as for any Japanese product ...
2021-1-13
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

FVP Posted at 1-12 11:06
Like Dji cam work only on Dji drones.

That's true, but the reason for this is very simple: there's no other 3rd party camera + gimbal offering goods X5S or X7 is capable of in this price range ...
2021-1-13
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 1-12 10:21
Nah,   its going to work great for Sony but not other cameras.

It is difficult to expect Sony demoing this drone with Canon camera, don't you think so? It will be also plain stupid to market it as a Sony camera only compatible carrier... BTW, the concept of a drone of this class with DSLR mounted camera and 4K/H.264 codec was obsolete 5 years ago. Today any serious videographer must consider at least ProRes recording format. Therefore the only chance for Sony (or any other potential DJI competitor) is to develop a drone with better than X5S/X7 camera and manufacture it in North Korea ...
2021-1-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 1-13 01:07
It is difficult to expect Sony demoing this drone with Canon camera, don't you think so? It will be also plain stupid to market it as a Sony camera only compatible carrier... BTW, the concept of a drone of this class with DSLR mounted camera and 4K/H.264 codec was obsolete 5 years ago. Today any serious videographer must consider at least ProRes recording format. Therefore the only chance for Sony (or any other potential DJI competitor) is to develop a drone with better than X5S/X7 camera and manufacture it in North Korea ...

I wouldnt expect a Canon owner would even be interested if it did work, in the same way as Canon people for the most part dont buy Sony lenses even though they could use them with an adapter.
2021-1-13
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 1-13 01:07
It is difficult to expect Sony demoing this drone with Canon camera, don't you think so? It will be also plain stupid to market it as a Sony camera only compatible carrier... BTW, the concept of a drone of this class with DSLR mounted camera and 4K/H.264 codec was obsolete 5 years ago. Today any serious videographer must consider at least ProRes recording format. Therefore the only chance for Sony (or any other potential DJI competitor) is to develop a drone with better than X5S/X7 camera and manufacture it in North Korea ...
Sony Slog3 is a true LOG.
Dji DLog is a private Joke...

Prores is not the best codec,  XAVC-I is clearly better. Check yourself,  you can have a crazy bitrate with Sony codec.

A7s III is impressive in highlight and lowlight. X7 is far far behind.

And noise in lowlight...x5 and x7 are a nightmare.

If the Sony’s drone can precisely hover (GPS RTK) in windy conditions and fly in a strength line without deviating it will be better than Inspire 2.

If Sony’s drone fpv camera is in hd, it will be better than...

2021-1-13
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

FVP Posted at 1-13 04:56
Sony Slog3 is a true LOG.
Dji DLog is a private Joke...

It may be because our native languages aren't English ... We clearly don't understand each other ... You throwing at me a bunch of impressive specs Sony A7s III is capable of indeed, yet you forgetting that this camera is developed as a handheld device, not aerial. As a standalone camera it will not record RAW footage, comes without integrated gimbal and specialized lenses. Therefore every lens change will require precise gimbal balancing. This concept is known since day one in aerial drone imagery and delivers nothing revolutionary new in 2021 ...

So - back to my point of view - Sony is more than capable to develop equally impressive camera for aerial stills and video, but it must be a totally different design from scratch. Until this will happen, Sony drone is just yet another heavy lifter ...
2021-1-13
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

Yes X5 and X7 are aerial camera but there is :

Pan drift
Green corrupted pictures
Noise in lowlight
Errors with mounted lens (lens not recognized)

Yes Dji Inspire2 is beautiful but :

Propeller problems
Compas errors
Firmwares bugs
Battery limitations in flight
Speed limitation (update after update)
Hovering drift
Poor repair service

Open your eyes Matt.

2021-1-14
Use props
Mike9129
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

If you can mount an eos r5 to it and control the camera settings from the ground then I'll buy it.

The x7 is nice and all, but vs a full frame sensor with lenses like the 70-200 or a nice 24-70 2.8, never mind the other prime lenses, it would be brilliant.

While there are other drones that can do the above, they're very bulky and are now aging. If this is quick, agile, stable and can carry a selection of cameras that you can control from the ground then it's getting 10's across the board.
2021-1-20
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

FVP Posted at 1-14 05:02

Pan drift

Haha, my 74 years old eyes are wide open and - with exception for low light noise level, which is to be expected from sensors of this size - I don't experience many of these issues on your list. That said, Inspire 2 is far from perfection and highest professional expectations. She is, however, still a marvel in this price range. Anything better than that and made by anybody else will be priced 5:1 ...
2021-1-21
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

It’s not because you are 74 years old, it’s because your are not working for high-end productions.

one day I will show you what an aerial plan for the cinema is ...

in the meantime, stop being a fan boy and let people express their needs.

It has been 4 years since the Inspire 2 was released and that time has never been used by DJI to improve this machine. That time was wasted, they could have used it but they didn't ... that says a lot about DJI's policy.
2021-1-21
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

FVP Posted at 1-21 04:10
It’s not because you are 74 years old, it’s because your are not working for high-end productions.

True. For high-end productions I will NEVER show up with Inspire 2 ...

No need, I KNOW what directors are expecting from drone service on filming locations ...

in the meantime, stop being a fan boy and let people express their needs.

I AM a fanboy of DJI, and I'm proud of it. I'm also far from stopping you or anybody else expressing their needs or thoughts ...

It has been 4 years since the Inspire 2 was released and that time has never been used by DJI to improve this machine. That time was wasted, they could have used it but they didn't ... that says a lot about DJI's policy.

True. Then why didn't you progress, switching into another, better, more reliable and truly professional platform? What was keeping you stubbornly to stick with DJI brand? I - for example - never had a need for anything better. I would love to fly Alta brand with Alexa or Red camera, but couldn't afford it ... You - a pro - choose to whine, complain, criticize, vent and cry, but never had the balls to get rid of this poorly performing bird of yours and invest in something better. Why?
2021-1-21
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

I find it hard to believe that directors can work with you given your level of personal demand.
2021-1-21
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

FVP Posted at 1-21 13:40
I find it hard to believe that directors can work with you given your level of personal demand.

Dear FVP ... Please read my last reply again, ask somebody to translate it for you if you have problems understanding. I said loud and clear that I will NOT offer my professional drone filming service with Inspire 2. I will not arrive at filming location with this bird, even with X7 camera. Any serious director will ask: "Well, can I put my lens on this thing?" ...

I will, however, deliver goods with Freefly drone and Alexa camera setup, hiding Inspire 2 in my van as a backup. For this service I will, however, accept only 5 figure pay check ...
2021-1-21
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

I understood perfectly, don't worry. And I repeat, you have no demands, you are resigned, fatalistic and submissive. In short, the complete opposite of an artist.

Do you think Freefly with an Alexa is professional? Do you think you can fly in a forest 1m from an actor with that? Do you think you can chase a car at very close 80km / h on a winding road with that? How many flights do you think we do during a day of shooting on high-end productions? A lot if you work with demanding directors. How long do you need to recharge your Alta batteries?

Have you ever seen a parachute on such a machine? In your opinion the parachute is effective from what height? I know that it will take at least 50m of height to hope that it does not crash ...

I bought Inspire2 and I do not accept that they are dangerous because of bugs. And I don’t accept that the camera will drift on its own, nor that the images are green or all the other bugs.

You are so ignorant and submissive at the same time, it’s sad.
2021-1-22
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

FVP Posted at 1-22 02:28
I understood perfectly, don't worry. And I repeat, you have no demands, you are resigned, fatalistic and submissive. In short, the complete opposite of an artist.

Do you think Freefly with an Alexa is professional? Do you think you can fly in a forest 1m from an actor with that? Do you think you can chase a car at very close 80km / h on a winding road with that? How many flights do you think we do during a day of shooting on high-end productions? A lot if you work with demanding directors. How long do you need to recharge your Alta batteries?

Enough, I'm not good in wrestling ...
2021-1-22
Use props
Orind
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129754 ft
United States

If you need to fly a full frame DSLR (or better) today, then you would be looking at the Matrice 600 Pro I would think, rather than the I2.
But, until it is actually released and a price known, it is simply a though experiment.

2021-3-24
Use props
Mike9129
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

Orind Posted at 3-24 07:27
If you need to fly a full frame DSLR (or better) today, then you would be looking at the Matrice 600 Pro I would think, rather than the I2.
But, until it is actually released and a price known, it is simply a though experiment.

You see I'd love for this to be a solution, but I *refuse* to sever again fly a drone that uses TB47 or TB48 batteries, those things are a nightmare.

The other options then you are left with are things like the ALTA 6 or 8 which are a lot more expensive.

I need a solution soon that will be stable in both a hover slow speed flight, be able to move in a straight line, has a decent FPV camera and has lens' that are suitable for video.

The line of lens' they released with the x7 are hardly suitable to be used as paperweights.
Really not great for video, and the x7 isnt really a photo camera to make use of the photo lens' that those DL mount lens' truely are.

Therefore, if the airpeak is half decent and can carry my R5 with a 28-70 or a 70-200, I am not hanging around for DJI to pull the finger out.
2021-3-24
Use props
fans6b63bfb7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2568770 ft
  • >>>
United States

FVP Posted at 1-14 05:02

Pan drift

DJI makes it almost impossible to be professional. I wish the Inspire 2 would just work like they did two years ago. Now it’s a $10,000 nightmare
2021-3-26
Use props
deniel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105902 ft
  • >>>
Italy

The files that come out of the x7, 14-bit dng cinema, the a7s 3 dreams of them !!! I find it an exceptional room today and several years from now. I've seen big productions that integrated x7 footage with red and alexa ... certainly not the sony a7s 3 files !!!
2021-5-14
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

They plan to add Fx3 with mini external raw recorder. Like x5s and x7, the external recorder is perfect to avoid RED patent.

FX3 sensor is AMAZING, A LOT BETTER THAN X7.
2021-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules