DJI Fly on Galaxy S10 will not connect to controller
1750 4 2021-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Apiarist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 97156 ft
United Kingdom

Edit: I live in Europe, so it's probably a Galaxy S10 with an Exynos chipset.

I received my DJI Mini 2 an hour ago. Since then, I have tried the following to get the DJI Fly app connected to the controller, to no avail, despite the Galaxy S10 being listed as a compatible device.

• Uninstalled and reinstalled the app.
  • Downloaded and installed an older version of the DJI Fly App (1.2.0)
  • Tried flipping the included USB-C cable so the RC end is plugged into the phone (yes, this was a suggested fix somewhere...)
  • Tried a different USB-C cable.
  • Rebooted phone dozens of times (between all these steps).
  • Deleted DJI Fly, all other DJI apps, and any "backend" data they may have left on my phone, and reinstalled the app.
  • Tried with USB debugging on, and off.
  • Tried with various different options checked in the Default USB Configuration sub-menu of USB Debugging.
  • Sideloaded the APK from the DJI website, as well as installing it from the play store.
  • Installed DJI Assistant 2, and tried upgrading the controller firmware over USB (when the controller is powered off, nothing happens; when it's powered on, my laptop says the controller is drawing too much power and disables my USB ports.)

Two things I haven't tried are:
  • Downgrading to Android 9
  • Using a different phone
These things aren't viable for me. I need my drone to work with my chosen phone, not the other way around.

I've been looking forward to getting the Mini 2 for so long now, so any help with getting it up in the air will be greatly appreciated!
2021-1-12
Use props
Apiarist
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Support has recommended I send the Done in for repair in case it's a hardware issue with the RC, so fingers crossed!
2021-1-15
Use props
Scott Roberson
New

United States

Apiarist Posted at 2021-1-15 03:18
Support has recommended I send the Done in for repair in case it's a hardware issue with the RC, so fingers crossed!

Just received my dji mini 2 drone in the mail. I also have a Galaxy S10 phone. The drone will not connect to the phone or app. Pretty disappointing!!
2022-3-24
Use props
Scott Roberson
New

United States

I dont believe sending the drone in will help. Several people with the same android phone is complaining of the same problem.
2022-3-24
Use props
Apiarist
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Scott Roberson Posted at 3-24 18:43
I dont believe sending the drone in will help. Several people with the same android phone is complaining of the same problem.

Sorry to hear you're having the same issue as I did. I used an old iPhone 5S I had lying around for a bit, and then one day I updated the Fly app on my S10 and it worked perfectly. It did take months though...

Do you have the same problem I had where the app doesn't recognise it's plugged into a controller?
2022-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules