17468 20 2021-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mini2Flyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all,

Does anyone know about compatability with using a powerbank to charge the batteries for the mini 2?

I saw somewhere that the batteries can be charged at up to 29w and that the charging hub supports QC and USB PD.

Does the USB PD and/or QC limit the power delivery from a powerbank with a higher maximum output?

I'm concidering this powerbank and want to make sure it's safe to use. https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0834LKYFF/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_1sC.FbHQGB7Q2

Thanks in advance.
2021-1-12
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

I have a 26800mAh QC3 Power Bank for multi day hikes, the Mini battery will negotiate its requirements via QC3
2021-1-12
Use props
Mini2Flyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Just realised that I omitted to say that the powerbank I'm looking to use is rated as 30w output.

I assume then that it will be OK due to the two ends negotiating the power delivery requirements and limitations.
2021-1-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mini2Flyer. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. Since this is a 3rd party accessory ( powerbank ) for the DJI Mini 2. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI members who owns the DJI Mini 2 and are using this power supply. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend you to use a 3rd party accessories like powerbanks to charge your DJI Mini 2's intelligent flight battery. There is a  possibility that these charger will work, however, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the reliability of the said charger. In addition, using 3rd party chargers like power banks might cause damage or harm on your DJI Mini 2 intelligent flight batteries and can void the warranty as well. Thank you.
2021-1-12
Use props
Mini2Flyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-12 19:35
Hello there Mini2Flyer. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. Since this is a 3rd party accessory ( powerbank ) for the DJI Mini 2. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI members who owns the DJI Mini 2 and are using this power supply. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend you to use a 3rd party accessories like powerbanks to charge your DJI Mini 2's intelligent flight battery. There is a  possibility that these charger will work, however, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the reliability of the said charger. In addition, using 3rd party chargers like power banks might cause damage or harm on your DJI Mini 2 intelligent flight batteries and can void the warranty as well. Thank you.

Hi Stephen

I’m not talking about trying to connect the batteries or the Mini 2 directly to a powerbank, I’m wondering about using it to power the charger that comes in the ’fly more’ kit.

2021-1-13
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

I use a power bank to charge my Mini (original, not a 2) quite often.  Either a USB cable plugged into the power bank and the other end plugged into either the remote, the Mini, or the triple charger; or the other option is one of my power banks will output 120V AC, and use the supplied USB wall wart plugged into the power bank and the cable plugged into the remote, the Mini, or the triple charger.
2021-1-13
Use props
Mini2Flyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

K6CCC Posted at 1-13 08:13
I use a power bank to charge my Mini (original, not a 2) quite often.  Either a USB cable plugged into the power bank and the other end plugged into either the remote, the Mini, or the triple charger; or the other option is one of my power banks will output 120V AC, and use the supplied USB wall wart plugged into the power bank and the cable plugged into the remote, the Mini, or the triple charger.

Thank you for the reply.

I have done quite a lot of googling and reading about using powerbanks to recharge the batteries and think I now have the answers I need. I'm going to go ahead with getting the powerbank but I will only use it with the triple charger.
2021-1-13
Use props
djiuser_WpD2lOJLRBIJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1476125 ft
United States

Mini2Flyer Posted at 1-13 08:41
Thank you for the reply.

I have done quite a lot of googling and reading about using powerbanks to recharge the batteries and think I now have the answers I need. I'm going to go ahead with getting the powerbank but I will only use it with the triple charger.

Your fine using it. No different then charging your phone from it. Same type of battery.your safe bro. Charge away. I use one when I go to the beach with it. I have a big battery bank that has a 120voutlet. Among other .... Never had a problem.
2021-1-14
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 110184 ft
United Kingdom

That'll be fine but you probably won't get the max speed of charging.

I've been looking into replacing the wall charger I got with the fly more combo because while it is decent at 18W the charging hub can accept 29w which means batteries would charge from flat in just  hour, It will be less than that also if the batteries are being looked after.

The only way you can get the max power available for the mini 2 hub is an adaptor that can supply 12v 3A 36W or a 9v 3A adaptor would give you 27w which is almost the max charge rate (PD Charger)

While the 18W DJI have supplied with the fly more combos is adequate they have cheaped out a little because of the potential of the hub and then supply it with a charger almost 50% less than what the hub is capable of.
2021-1-18
Use props
Mini2Flyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn Posted at 1-18 00:35
That'll be fine but you probably won't get the max speed of charging.

I've been looking into replacing the wall charger I got with the fly more combo because while it is decent at 18W the charging hub can accept 29w which means batteries would charge from flat in just  hour, It will be less than that also if the batteries are being looked after.

Thank You for your response.

The powerbank I have now bought is a 30w output on the USB C connection, so it should change at full speed.
2021-1-18
Use props
djiuser_hJmrJuQGB6Sn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 110184 ft
United Kingdom

Mini2Flyer Posted at 1-18 00:57

The powerbank I have now bought is a 30w output on the USB C connection, so it should change at full speed.

That's great glad it's working mate.
2021-1-18
Use props
Rooster15
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64101 ft
Taiwan

I just use a 10000 mAh Xiaomi power bank, I think as long as it's trustworthy its ok.
2021-1-20
Use props
dji_flo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21504252 ft
Slovenia

Mini2Flyer Posted at 1-18 00:57

The powerbank I have now bought is a 30w output on the USB C connection, so it should change at full speed.

Hey Mini2flyer,
which model did you get exactly ? Somehow the amazon link is dead for me.
Are you still happy with it ?

thanks

Flo
2021-8-22
Use props
djiuser_Y4py0QEgs6KJ
New

United States

Hey, This is an awesome power bank for all devices if they are Drones, Mobile Phones, or maybe laptops you can charge anything from this voltzy solar power bank. even I'm using this power bank for the last 1 year and it performs well. You can check its review from here - voltzy solar power bank review
2021-9-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_Y4py0QEgs6KJ Posted at 9-24 00:03
Hey, This is an awesome power bank for all devices if they are Drones, Mobile Phones, or maybe laptops you can charge anything from this voltzy solar power bank. even I'm using this power bank for the last 1 year and it performs well. You can check its review from here - voltzy solar power bank review

ya link is defaulting to DJI
2021-9-24
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 9-24 04:00
ya link is defaulting to DJI

probably because his link is likely to be more like spamming a referral product.

pretty much any of the powerbanks will work, the mini batteries are not all that special.  just find one you like on amazon and buy it.
2021-9-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

The Saint Posted at 9-24 05:04
probably because his link is likely to be more like spamming a referral product.

pretty much any of the powerbanks will work, the mini batteries are not all that special.  just find one you like on amazon and buy it.

That did cross my mind and a mod edited...
2021-9-24
Use props
Annn
lvl.1

Australia

Does anyone know how many amp hours a battery takes to recharge? I'm wondering how many times a 20,000 mah will recharge the three batteries in a fly more. Thanks Ann
2022-7-22
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

The Mini 2 batteries are rated as 2.250 MAh. As stated by the logs, the real charge is around 2000  - 2100 MAh. Your powerbank should be able to charge in  theory 8 - 9 batteries. In practice,  maybe some less.
2022-7-23
Use props
djiuser_IuUWfZZsKV3h
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Mini2Flyer Posted at 2021-1-18 00:57

What power bank did you buy after?
2023-1-19
Use props
AstralDaydreams
lvl.2
Flight distance : 329619 ft
United Kingdom

Unsure if this will help anyone but:

I use a 65W Nan charger to quick charge my Mini2 Batteries and my Smart Controller (I also have a Mavic 2 Pro) no issues and I have all 3 mini batteries fully charged in about an hour.

Hope this helps.
2023-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules