439 10 2021-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJISam
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48343 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

New to the forums. My second video with the Mini 2, hope to add some more as the weather improves.

Any criticism to help me improve appreciated

2021-1-12
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Nice subject - a bridge in golden hour! My criticism (since you asked): keep the shots short and without jerks, especially gimbal movements (the one at .35 would have been great if it had been smoother). Still: not bad at all.
2021-1-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beautiful footage.   
2021-1-13
Use props
DJISam
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 1-12 23:00
Nice subject - a bridge in golden hour! My criticism (since you asked): keep the shots short and without jerks, especially gimbal movements (the one at .35 would have been great if it had been smoother). Still: not bad at all.

Thank you Depp, and valid point. I wasnt entirely happy with that scene either, but figured throw it in and in get it right next time. I had a bit of wind and signal loss to deal with so was short on footage. Would love an automated gimbal rotation feature.
2021-1-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice video!
2 small things.
At one time you pull the gimbal up.
That is quite fast. (0:31)
Other minor thing.
You have 2 moves where you start going straight and move to the left.
(1:06 for example)
It would be better (in my humble opinion of course) if you left out the part where you go straight.
And even better if you started a (slow) pan right with the same move.
(move forward + left + pan right)
These combined moves are hard to make, but the output is great (if it is steady of course)

But its just minor things.
Very nice work!
2021-1-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

PS, I subscribed to your channel via 2 channels .
Mine are http://www.youtube.com/c/tricksandtipsnl
http://www.youtube.com/c/PeterMontfrooij
2021-1-13
Use props
DJISam
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 1-13 02:23
Very nice video!
2 small things.
At one time you pull the gimbal up.

Thanks for your feedback. This scene was actually when i was experiencing signal loss. I'd just got the screen back, was on low battery and rushing to get the drone back. I wanted to give more perspective of the towers / cables by moving out, but a pan would have been nicer i admit. I'll bear in mind, and check out YT after work
2021-1-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJISam Posted at 1-13 02:48
Thanks for your feedback. This scene was actually when i was experiencing signal loss. I'd just got the screen back, was on low battery and rushing to get the drone back. I wanted to give more perspective of the towers / cables by moving out, but a pan would have been nicer i admit. I'll bear in mind, and check out YT after work

I totally get it!
And again, just minor things I would have done looking from behind a cosy chair.
The real situation is very different when you are at the controls and have to move the thing around.
2021-1-13
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJISam Posted at 1-13 01:56
Thank you Depp, and valid point. I wasnt entirely happy with that scene either, but figured throw it in and in get it right next time. I had a bit of wind and signal loss to deal with so was short on footage. Would love an automated gimbal rotation feature.

The Fly app has pretty good control over gimbal speed and smoothness, separately for cine, normal and sport mode. Maybe that helps.
2021-1-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lovely footage.  
2021-1-13
Use props
DJISam
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 1-13 05:12
The Fly app has pretty good control over gimbal speed and smoothness, separately for cine, normal and sport mode. Maybe that helps.

If i'm honest i do need to pay a bit more attention to some of the options in the fly app. I only recently put the guidelines on and find this helps for "lining up" a shot.
2021-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules