FAA to Report Plan for BVLOS to Congress in 90 days
555 5 2021-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I stubled accross this article today pertaining to the FAA being ordered to present to Congress a report on how to address BVLOS for drones.  Specifically it is reffering to delivery drones but the finding and policy could be benifical hobbies and Part 107 operators.

CONGRESS WANTS TO KNOW THE FAA’S BVLOS PLANS WITHIN 90 DAYS
2021-1-12
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately, I think the complexities they will require will very likely put it beyond the ability of the normal person to be able to fly BVLOS legally any time soon.  As you mention and the article mentions, this is 100% about deliveries and very likely was added into the bill due to lobbying from the Amazons/UPS/Fedex/etc.  Thanks for sharing, I hadn't seen it before.
2021-1-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2021-1-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have to agree with KlooGee in Post 2.  Powerful and financially influential advocates have been lobbying Congress on behalf of Amazon and Walmart concerning drone deliveries.  Some of what I've heard from my Congressman is that these companies desire to move recreational flying into "designated flying sites" to clear up residential air space for commercial delivery drones only.  Fortunately, he is against this happening but he said many of his fellow congressmen are starting to agree with these lobbyists.  Recreational flyers do NOT have a strong enough advocate to counteract this initiative.  This may now end well for us recreational flyers.
2021-1-13
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Some of what I've heard from my Congressman is that these companies desire to move recreational flying into "designated flying sites" to clear up residential air space for commercial delivery drones only.

That's a scary thought!

Actually what is the scary thought is delivery drones - period.  i have a very hard time believing that they are going to be a good idea.
2021-1-13
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I read a n article a week are so ago from a meme bet of the FAA FAST group the was saying the the FAA was advocating for Remote ID because it would allow both corporate and hobby drone to be used safely in BVLOS. It would also reduce the burden on the FAA monitoring and approval process.

Who know at this point what will happen. It is to early in the process.
2021-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules