Poor signal strength to DJI Air Unit Goggles
3032 4 2021-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SOFPV2020
New

United States

I have three quads at this time with DJI Air Units.  The video's are so amazing.  However even after doing the little hack to increase transmission power to 1200 I still cant be out much further than 300 to 400 yards before my signal meter in the goggles go "red" and the bars drop down to none.  This is pretty much the same for all three quads.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I have not been able to figure it out or find a post or YouTube video that explains the cause and a fix.  Thanks a million in advance for any help.

2021-1-13
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

The red signal bars on the bottom left are meaningless. They don't work correctly.

Only pay attention to the Mbps level on the bottom right.  If you get under 10Mbps, you are getting into the danger zone.
2021-1-13
Use props
Kreeze
lvl.4

United States

400 yards is a long, long way for fpv freestyle. unless you're flying with absolutely no obstructions between you and the quad, that sounds like it's working correctly. can you upload DVR video?
2021-1-13
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

I regularly go out 3 miles on my DJI system with TrueRC antennas, so I definitely think you should be able to go further.
2021-1-13
Use props
SOFPV2020
New

United States

Thanks for the advice and input.  I appreciate it very much.  
2021-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules