Ronin RS2 no power adapter"????
14698 17 2021-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
droneloverpilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64767 ft
Netherlands

So i Just spent 900 euros on a ronin RS 2 pro combo pack to find out that the USB power adapter is not included. Wtf?? is this a mistake or just the new standard. It really annoys me that I now have spend another 30-50 euro to buy a 3rd party adapter or accpt that i have to charge the ronin just by usb which takes ages..I think i will return the product at this stage

2021-1-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, there is no charger/adapter in the box as we are not able to satisfied all the standards of the charger on different countries. It is recommended to use a charger that complies with the PD or QC 2.0 fast charging protocol and has a charging power of 24 W or less to charge the DJI RS 2 grip battery.

We are sorry for bringing any inconvenience under this case.
2021-1-13
Use props
droneloverpilot
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-13 02:14
Hello there, there is no charger/adapter in the box as we are not able to satisfied all the standards of the charger on different countries. It is recommended to use a charger that complies with the PD or QC 2.0 fast charging protocol and has a charging power of 24 W or less to charge the DJI RS 2 grip battery.

sigh, any third party chargers you would recommend
2021-1-13
Use props
droneloverpilot
lvl.2
Netherlands

droneloverpilot Posted at 1-13 05:15
sigh, any third party chargers you would recommend

can you guys atleast make a third pary list I still dont believe the reason you mentioned is the real one think something else is the matter
2021-1-13
Use props
BeeS View
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

you can use any USB power adapter from UGREEN, ANKER. etc you will find on Amazon. Make sure it has 24W/3A and it is QuickCharge 3.0 compatible and you are fine.
2021-1-15
Use props
droneloverpilot
lvl.2
Netherlands

BeeS View Posted at 1-15 01:22
you can use any USB power adapter from UGREEN, ANKER. etc you will find on Amazon. Make sure it has 24W/3A and it is QuickCharge 3.0 compatible and you are fine.

thank you very much man DJI support is horrible
2021-1-15
Use props
chilirose
lvl.1

Poland

Me too just spend 900 Euros and already wanted to call the seller about the missing charger  its quite dissapointing I NEVER bought anything with a battery that had no charger included specially at that price  and the excuse about different countries is just lame  
2021-1-28
Use props
droneloverpilot
lvl.2
Netherlands

chilirose Posted at 1-28 05:29
Me too just spend 900 Euros and already wanted to call the seller about the missing charger  its quite dissapointing I NEVER bought anything with a battery that had no charger included specially at that price  and the excuse about different countries is just lame

yeah horrible business m
odel
2021-1-28
Use props
Simon Cohen
New

United Kingdom

Hello there, there is no charger/adapter in the box as we are not able to satisfied all the standards of the charger on different countries. It is recommended to use a charger that complies with the PD or QC 2.0 fast charging protocol and has a charging power of 24 W or less to charge the DJI RS 2 grip battery.

Dear Ms Wanda

I have the same problem, I cannot charge the RS2 which therefore makes the product unfit for purpose given that it does not work without power.

If you do not sell power adapters for the RS2, please tell me the make and model number of the one I should buy, that is guaranteed to be compatible, with your assurance that if any malfunction or damage to the RS2 as a result of using third party products, will be compensated for in full.

Also given that the product is unable to be powered with it's own DJI power adapter which has not been included in the price of the RS2, rendering the RS2 unusable. Could you please also let me know the correct DJI department's contact details in which I can forward the invoice for the third party power adapter, so you can kindly reimburse this cost to me, without which the product could not even be used.

Kind Regards

Simon Cohen
2021-2-1
Use props
Baltachac
lvl.1

Argentina

such a stupid decision....
2021-3-15
Use props
KabeM
lvl.2
Germany

Well, the content is clearly listed down to the smallest screw on their website.

The vast majority of RS2 users will already have a few matching power adapters anyway. That's the nice thing about USB-C, it powers a lot of things, and we don't have to care to huddle around different adapter for notebook, tablet, phone, camera and gimbal. Shipping a power adapter with each Gimbal would create a ton of waste with limited value.
2021-3-15
Use props
pasmigielski
New
United Kingdom

BeeS View Posted at 1-15 01:22
you can use any USB power adapter from UGREEN, ANKER. etc you will find on Amazon. Make sure it has 24W/3A and it is QuickCharge 3.0 compatible and you are fine.

Thanks for your advice. Are you sure about QC 3.0 ? The manual states QC 2.0... don't want to burn or destroy that thing :-)
2021-7-3
Use props
djiuser_AaeY3RSBnNvp
New

Canada

pasmigielski Posted at 7-3 11:43
Thanks for your advice. Are you sure about QC 3.0 ? The manual states QC 2.0... don't want to burn or destroy that thing :-)

It’s safe to use QC3.0, it’s basically more efficient than 2.0. In the spec it says 2.0 it probably because 3.0 wasn’t there yet when the product came out.
2021-9-15
Use props
fans9000e80e
New
Flight distance : 27477 ft
Chile

Hello there, there is no charger/adapter in the box as we are not able to satisfied all the standards of the charger on different countries. It is recommended to use a charger that complies with the PD or QC 2.0 fast charging protocol and has a charging power of 24 W or less to charge the DJI RS 2 grip battery.

Hey Wanda! So, Can I use the USB port from the P1C50 original charger for Mavic Air to charge the Ronin s2?
2021-10-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans9000e80e Posted at 10-26 12:54
Hey Wanda! So, Can I use the USB port from the P1C50 original charger for Mavic Air to charge the Ronin s2?

Hello, there. It is recommended to use a charger that complies with the PD or QC 2.0 fast charging protocol and has a charging power of 24 W or less to charge the DJI RS 2 grip battery.
2021-10-27
Use props
lecobf
New

Brazil

May I use the Ronin S charger adapter to charge Ronin RS2?
2022-1-21
Use props
Dronason
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5689042 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Wanda Posted at 2021-10-27 00:20
Hello, there. It is recommended to use a charger that complies with the PD or QC 2.0 fast charging protocol and has a charging power of 24 W or less to charge the DJI RS 2 grip battery.

A good idea would be to have a list of DJI charger sold with other DJI products that can officially charge the RS2 battery, That would be the minimum if you want to continue on this way.
In any case, yes a charger for USB-C is "universal" but it can change only one item at time and usually if you get one new toy, you have one more thing to charge when you want to use it.
2022-1-22
Use props
FasilitasKantor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 127224 ft
Indonesia

how long to charge to full capacity?
2022-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules