Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mini 2 4k problems!
4972 12 2021-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yogi053
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7956778 ft
United Kingdom

Looking for more help please!
Highlighted a problem of stuttering video on my Mini 2 when shooting in 4k. (Thread on Mavic page, don't know how to move it here, under heading of Do I need a new computer).
Video files play great on phone Oneplus 7t but when I download the files from the sd card to my hard drive and try and play them back using VLC as advised and re-installing windows 10 on a clean drive on my laptop (Hard Drive formatted and win 10 re-installed) I still get juddering and stuttering on playback. Bought new fast sd cards from Amazon I must admit, but came with original manufacturer's packaging so thought that they should be ok.
Anyway, how come when I play the video files on my laptop, the quickshots at 4k play back perfectly but all other files stutter and judder?
Might just stick to 1080 from now on unless that starts playing up.
2021-1-13
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

you have codecs issue, problem is not with the mini 2 nor the file it renders but with the software you use to play them...most probably your quickshots are in 1080p not 4k...there is a setting for that also.
2021-1-13
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
United Kingdom

sbonev Posted at 1-13 08:52
you have codecs issue, problem is not with the mini 2 nor the file it renders but with the software you use to play them...most probably your quickshots are in 1080p not 4k...there is a setting for that also.

Thank you sbonev. Any advice on fixing things. Go slow, old brain in use now!Still don't understand why quickshots play back ok though whilst other parts of flight stutter and judder!
2021-1-13
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

yogi053 Posted at 1-13 09:13
Thank you sbonev. Any advice on fixing things. Go slow, old brain in use now!Still don't understand why quickshots play back ok though whilst other parts of flight stutter and judder!

well you have to check the vlc options - for example i use klite codec pack that comes with media player classic. In it there are output options for the playback. I use enhanced renderer.

for vlc you can try the following. And try googling it if it does not work, though it should:

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/fix-for-vlc-skipping-and-lagging-playing-high-def-video-files/
2021-1-13
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
United Kingdom

sbonev Posted at 1-13 09:35
well you have to check the vlc options - for example i use klite codec pack that comes with media player classic. In it there are output options for the playback. I use enhanced renderer.

for vlc you can try the following. And try googling it if it does not work, though it should:

Again, thank you so much for your welcome info. I will definitely look at your recommendations but I have actually overcome the problems I had, and, instead of trying to watch the videos on my laptop I just put them into my 65" LG Oled Tv and watch them there in 4k.
So endeth the saga of my poor old brain trying to do things beyond me.
Cheers everyone. (Mini 2 Marvellous)!
2021-1-13
Use props
GaryM50
lvl.3
Flight distance : 377 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Yogi,
I have stuttering 4k playback on a somewhat aged Surface Pro when using MPC ( Media Player Classic).
If I open with Windows Media Player the stuttering is completely gone.
Just right click the video file, choose open with, pick Windows Media Player and see if that works for you.
2021-1-13
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
United Kingdom

GaryM50 Posted at 1-13 14:02
Hi Yogi,
I have stuttering 4k playback on a somewhat aged Surface Pro when using MPC ( Media Player Classic).
If I open with Windows Media Player the stuttering is completely gone.

Also,my thanks to you GaryM50. This forum is a bit like Google search isn't it. A wealth of good information on more of a personal touch. Thanks everyone, Stay safe!
2021-1-14
Use props
Debugger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4865846 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Use Win 10 movie player.
2021-1-14
Use props
George210477
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

There is nothing wrong here.
I have seen this problem with jittering on one computer and working perfectly on other....the problem is...your display frequency
VLC is not good for this kind of problem, use Pot Player, is better then any of this, tested by me intensively as I had same problem. Also go to configuration and check to have HW acceleration enabled.

And now in order to fix the jitters and that small skips you see on computer (by the way, on TV if you put it on a USB stick will work if you have a de-jitter module - TV after 2017 most of them have it):

1. Set your Shutter Speed at footage a number that divide at your display frequency/Refresh rate. For example: If you use at drone 25 fps, your display should work at 100 Hz in order to be OK...if you play it with 60Hz, will experience small skips in image that can be not so pro. If you make the video at a SS of 1/30, than your display monitor should be working at 60 Hz, 90 Hz, 120 Hz and so on...You get the point.

2. If you made the footage in 60FPS for example but your monitor is 100Hz, no problem, go into Premiere Pro, reinterpret the footage at 25 or 50 FPS and increase speed with the factor that will be same as 100% speed...example: you made footage with 60fps, you reinterpret it at 25 FPS, that means that your speed is at x0.4166...so, you will set your speed for the 25 FPS in Premiere Pro to be x240%. Also when you generate the movie, keep in mind you will generate it at reinterpreted footage FPS, meaning 25FPS, in order to be perfect for your 100Hz Monitor.

3. Always make sure you have enough RAM...16Gb Ram is more than OK, I3 CPU can work with 4K playback, Video card Nvidia GTX is fine. I play now 4K with I5, 32Gb RAM, GTX 1060 and SSD HDD...with Pot Player checked at Hardware to use NVIDIA. (By the way, also in 3D Nvidia you have a choice to use CPU or NVIDIA GPU....put it manually to NVIDIA GPU or your video card GPU, is way faster to decode video than your CPU).

4. Make sure you have enough room on C: ....and check performance with and without virtual RAM on/off...By default Windows is using virtual RAM in order to buffer different things...that buffer will eat speed at a video playback as the HDD should read the file, save decoded buffer in buffered area, read again and display...is stupid but at programs is a good thing...at video is not so good. So, from 16 Gb RAM to more, just see how it goes with this option fully disabled...I have SSD and is fast, but remember, the PCI BUS at a laptop is a joke, does not support so many transfers read-write like a station and can put packages on hold and you can experience video freeze.

Hope this helps.
Ask where is not clear.
EDIT: Your phone does not play in 4K )))) to play 4K means to have the display at 4K size/resolution and decode and actually display 4K....your phone is playing at the screen resolution, that is not even FHD ...Imagine a big page like A2 size that is full with points....now, imagine a small A5 page...have X times less points...you see the movie, but is not 4K resolution, is just display resolution with less points as the size is smaller...just to point out the difference. Even if producers of phones tells you is 4K, I doubt that the dots on display are so tiny to have as many actual points in such small display in order to form a 4K image...
2021-1-14
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Debugger Posted at 1-14 02:47
Use Win 10 movie player.

Thank you Debugger. Stay safe!
2021-1-14
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
United Kingdom

George210477 Posted at 1-14 03:23
There is nothing wrong here.
I have seen this problem with jittering on one computer and working perfectly on other....the problem is...your display frequency
VLC is not good for this kind of problem, use Pot Player, is better then any of this, tested by me intensively as I had same problem. Also go to configuration and check to have HW acceleration enabled.

A great amount of info here for me to ingest. Thank you very much George210477.
Stay safe!
2021-1-14
Use props
djiuser_fMr2afMf42Jn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 116047 ft
Canada

I use a new Samsung A7 with my mini 2 and I'm only able to edit my video in 1080 and if I use anything higher I get transcoding failed and can't play back video, it worked great before it updated the firmwareto latest version,
Any ideas other than upgrading to a new tablet considering my A7 tablet was purchased at Christmas  new
2021-5-19
Use props
Ron7136
lvl.1

Canada

The problem is with VLC, windows media player and every other player I have tried work fine.
2021-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules