DJI Fly app crashes with drone in mid-air...
1234 10 2021-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_lchDYGSoc72V
lvl.1

Canada

First time flew my Mini 2 yesterday, app crashed mid-air. I was able to re-open and get it to ground safely, however, all of my footage was lost. Is there anything i can do to avoid that in the future?
2021-1-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please to fly your DJI Mini 2 for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.
2021-1-14
Use props
crescent1033
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-14 01:09
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please to fly your DJI Mini 2 for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.

Thanks for the reply! I’m using an iPhone XR with the latest OS updates
2021-1-14
Use props
crescent1033
lvl.1

Canada

lol I guess my post was forgotten about, rip
2021-1-15
Use props
djiuser_n63SgAkyU0ho
New

United States

Same thing happened to me today.  Did you ever get a response?
2021-3-3
Use props
SportzFotos
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-14 01:09

encountered the same issue a few days ago (not the first time this has happened), however this time I was screen recording the flight so have video evidence.  this occurred during the third flight of the day. I have a shortened version of the video on Dropbox if you would like to see it (can also make the full version available (it is over 900mb however) - short version is about 22mb:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lvd73aok3flzdni/Screen_Recording_20210719-122714_Trim.mp4?dl=0
phone is a Samsung Galaxy A70.
regards

2021-7-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

SportzFotos Posted at 7-20 20:08
encountered the same issue a few days ago (not the first time this has happened), however this time I was screen recording the flight so have video evidence.  this occurred during the third flight of the day. I have a shortened version of the video on Dropbox if you would like to see it (can also make the full version available (it is over 900mb however) - short version is about 22mb:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lvd73aok3flzdni/Screen_Recording_20210719-122714_Trim.mp4?dl=0

Hi there SportzFotos. Thank you for the reply and I am sorry to know that you are having this issue as. As well. As of the moment The mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy A70 ) that you are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung Galaxy A70  will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.
2021-7-21
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

SportzFotos Posted at 7-20 20:08
encountered the same issue a few days ago (not the first time this has happened), however this time I was screen recording the flight so have video evidence.  this occurred during the third flight of the day. I have a shortened version of the video on Dropbox if you would like to see it (can also make the full version available (it is over 900mb however) - short version is about 22mb:

Welcome to the Fly app v1.4.8 app crash club. I haven't experienced any app crashes for the past 10 months until I upgraded to Fly app v.1.4.8, Samsung A71 with Andorid 11  The crashing seems to be on Android phones only with the on screen displays freezing up followed shortly thereafter with an app crash. I'll push my luck and try one more outing with 1.4.8 and if it crashes I'll revert back to the previous version.
2021-7-21
Use props
domgio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 748110 ft
Italy

Pappy3 Posted at 7-21 23:47
Welcome to the Fly app v1.4.8 app crash club. I haven't experienced any app crashes for the past 10 months until I upgraded to Fly app v.1.4.8, Samsung A71 with Andorid 11  The crashing seems to be on Android phones only with the on screen displays freezing up followed shortly thereafter with an app crash. I'll push my luck and try one more outing with 1.4.8 and if it crashes I'll revert back to the previous version.

how do you roll back to a previous app version in android?
2021-7-31
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

domgio Posted at 7-31 06:11
how do you roll back to a previous app version in android?

Uninstall the current Fly version. Select the version you want to install and download from here - https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_ ... e=apk&s=dji+fly

Install the "apk" as you would normally do for any other upgrade.
2021-7-31
Use props
domgio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 748110 ft
Italy

Pappy3 Posted at 7-31 13:02
Uninstall the current Fly version. Select the version you want to install and download from here - https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type=app_release&searchtype=apk&s=dji+fly

Install the "apk" as you would normally do for any other upgrade.

Thank you
2021-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules