HELP! Osmo mobile 3 reduces iPhone 12 Pro Max video quality
5745 8 2021-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hi!
I'm having some trouble with the Osmo Mobile 3 and an iPhone 12 Pro Max, looking for some help!
When recording via the MIMO app, using the Osmo Mobile 3 and iPhone 12 Pro Max, everything looks great. However, then comparing to another video recorded on iPhone 12 Pro Max in normal video mode, there is a huge difference in quality.

1st, the Osmo Mobile 3 footage is .mp4, the iPhone's is .mov.
2nd, the intensity of colours and vivacity on the iPhone 12 Pro Max are so much higher and better than the exact same footage recorded via MIMO on Osmo Mobile 3.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks in advance!
2021-1-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Memo app doesn't support the HDR video that the 12 Pro Max supports,  but you can use the gimbal with other apps to record video.
2021-1-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I should add the filmic pro support Osmo 3 and HDR video -
2021-1-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( iPhone 12 Pro Max ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Osmo Mobile 3. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said gimbal and for the DJI Mimo application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPhone 12 Pro Max  will be able to work on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized and tested with the said DJI gimbal and for the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time when in use. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _List_en_0526_1.pdf ). Thank you.
2021-1-14
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-14 02:50
I should add the filmic pro support Osmo 3 and HDR video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1H7cDITtGc

Should note that FiLMiC Pro HDR support is limited to 60fps in 1080p and 30fps in 4K nor does it work with the Cinematographer Kit.
2021-1-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DaveSp Posted at 1-15 06:31
Should note that FiLMiC Pro HDR support is limited to 60fps in 1080p and 30fps in 4K nor does it work with the Cinematographer Kit.

Thanks that’s good to know.  
2021-1-15
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-15 06:35
Thanks that’s good to know.

Yeah, I've been looking at FiLMic after watching that video and it looks intriguing. I'm sorting through the recent comments in the Apple App Store to understand it's lower rating - 3.9 out of 5 - to see if the issues users have are of consequence to me. It's a pricier app - $14.99 plus another $13.99 for the Cinematographer Kit.
2021-1-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DaveSp Posted at 1-15 08:57
Yeah, I've been looking at FiLMic after watching that video and it looks intriguing. I'm sorting through the recent comments in the Apple App Store to understand it's lower rating - 3.9 out of 5 - to see if the issues users have are of consequence to me. It's a pricier app - $14.99 plus another $13.99 for the Cinematographer Kit.

Theres always Mavis, although I dont believe its as good as Filmic.
2021-1-16
Use props
bob221b1
New

United States

DaveSp Posted at 1-15 06:31

Hello all,

Has there been any solution to shooting HDR 4K 60fps vice 30?

Just shot a bunch of footage straight from my iPHONE 12 Pro and then on an Osmo Mobile 3.  Didn't even think that the app limited to 8-bit.  Now- I have 4K 60fps at 8 and 10bit.

So- was wondering about this, abut also- your thoughts on this 'workaround', were Osmo 3 use still desired:

1) iPHONE 12 Pro, 4K HDR 60 FPS, physically on the OM3 for stabilization- but manually (Lord, a pain) pressing stop/start record on the phone, vice the little OM3 button?

2) Can the OM3 record button be configured to activate the i12's record button WITHOUT going through the OM3 Mobile app?

Help very much appreciated!

Cheers,
~Bob

2021-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules