Can anyone recommend a variable ND Filter?
5518 48 2021-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chuck1026
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1213816 ft
  • >>>
United States

I read through this thread and as I strongly consider a Mini 2, like the OP, I also fly a Mavic 2 Pro with Freewell VND's and was hoping they existed for the Mini 2. Still no luck. I am going to reach out to Freewell directly to see if they have plans to do them or not. I can live with traditional ND's as usually I run a 16 for sunny days and an 8 on cloudy days with a 1/50 shutter and 24 fps.
2021-6-11
Use props
IrishD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140951 ft
Ireland

Hey chaps ...
I was reading through this thread and see u guys seem to know your stuff about filters so thought i'd post this question here instead of creating a new thread.

I just received yesterday a pack of skyreat nd filters that came with a UV and cpl filter too, what's the purpose of these 2 ?
2021-6-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

IrishD Posted at 6-11 13:39
Hey chaps ...
I was reading through this thread and see u guys seem to know your stuff about filters so thought i'd post this question here instead of creating a new thread.

A CPL or circular polariser will reduce the reflection on water, and typically makes the sky bluer.

A UV filter will reduce some colour cast on dry bright days.
2021-6-12
Use props
IrishD
lvl.3
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 6-12 00:48
A CPL or circular polariser will reduce the reflection on water, and typically makes the sky bluer.

A UV filter will reduce some colour cast on dry bright days.

Thanks DAFlys,
tomorrows weather here is forecast to be hot and sunny (at last) so i'll be heading to a seafront with the new filters, looking forward to seeing how they do now that I know what these other ones are for
2021-6-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

IrishD Posted at 6-12 03:05
Thanks DAFlys,
tomorrows weather here is forecast to be hot and sunny (at last) so i'll be heading to a seafront with the new filters, looking forward to seeing how they do now that I know what these other ones are for

You should check out Hallmark007 - he's also in Ireland and takes some incredible images on the coast.
2021-6-12
Use props
IrishD
lvl.3
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 6-12 03:10
You should check out Hallmark007 - he's also in Ireland and takes some incredible images on the coast.

I've been checking them out....
some great sources of inspiration/ideas from other peoples shots on here, particularly like some of his sunset images
2021-6-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

IrishD Posted at 6-12 07:23
I've been checking them out....
some great sources of inspiration/ideas from other peoples shots on here, particularly like some of his sunset images

Excellent,   I believe he's on the west coast, at least based on some of his pictures.
2021-6-13
Use props
IrishD
lvl.3
Ireland

well that didn't go to plan ...
2hrs of traffic to get to the location
and then in typical Ireland fashion we get temps up to 26celcius, clear skies but gusting at 45km/h !!!! NOOOOOOOOO

and to top it all off I'm now sporting some serious sunburn   Kids had fun though

oh well, there's always next weekend
2021-6-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

IrishD Posted at 6-13 12:10
well that didn't go to plan ...
2hrs of traffic to get to the location
and then in typical Ireland fashion we get temps up to 26celcius, clear skies but gusting at 45km/h !!!! NOOOOOOOOO

lol,  the main beach near here was mobbed and there were miles and miles of queue to get there.   
2021-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules