Drone accelerates to fast.
2250 11 2021-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jhuber1992
lvl.1

United States

When I have my drone on the ground/table and I arm it. As soon as I give it a little throttle it speeds up way too fast and launches into the air.
2021-1-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, may I know the model of your drone? Does there any error message prompt in your app? Thanks.
2021-1-14
Use props
jhuber1992
lvl.1

United States

It's a DJI FPV system with a succex-d f7 FC. No errors since it's all part of the FPV system.
2021-1-14
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

it's Your setup in betaflight - lower idle RPM maybe, also try to disable air mode (assign it to extra switch) and also edit Your expo's curves
so watch some YT tutorial about setting betaflight and Your controller
2021-1-15
Use props
jhuber1992
lvl.1

United States

Yeah, thanks KREMi. Never thought about watching tutorials on YT.........

I'm here because the tutorials weren't helping. None of them could answer why it is suddenly accelerating after I give it just a little throttle. This became a problem after I had to replace my Air Unit after crashing it.  I haven't connected it to Betaflight in over 10 months because I haven't needed to. I updated Betaflight and changed the settings. And it's been having this problem since.
2021-1-15
Use props
mc54
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

Fpv drones are designed to accelerate quickly.  You might want to do some time on a simulator so you can get a feel for it. This way, you'll break less expensive stuff at first.
2021-1-15
Use props
jhuber1992
lvl.1

United States

I had been flying it for nearly 10 months. I understand how quickly it can accelerate. the problem is that it's accelerating on its own when I give it just a little throttle. Maybe this will help you.

After I ARM it, the rotors will spin idle. Throttle channel will be around 1000-1005.

Then I will throttle up to 1100 to try and hover and it will throttle itself up to 1500+ launching itself into the air uncontrollably.
2021-1-15
Use props
Kreeze
lvl.4

United States

Can you send us a video?
2021-1-15
Use props
jhuber1992
lvl.1

United States

=/

Not sure how to put videos here.
2021-1-15
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

jhuber1992 Posted at 1-15 09:43
I had been flying it for nearly 10 months. I understand how quickly it can accelerate. the problem is that it's accelerating on its own when I give it just a little throttle. Maybe this will help you.

After I ARM it, the rotors will spin idle. Throttle channel will be around 1000-1005.

See the throttle channel range.  Recalibrate your controller.
2021-1-15
Use props
Kreeze
lvl.4

United States

jhuber1992 Posted at 1-15 10:57
Not sure how to put videos here.

you can upload to streamable.com or youtube.com and send us a link
2021-1-15
Use props
Tom_A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

jhuber1992 Posted at 1-14 19:14
It's a DJI FPV system with a succex-d f7 FC. No errors since it's all part of the FPV system.

Because the drone worked fine before a crash, it could be because you messed up a gyro during the crash. The flight controller you are using has two gyros and does "gyro fusion" if only one is bad, you can turn off the other gyro and just use one. If you changed PID settings that could also cause fly-away situations. If you changed something in the PIDS are are on Betaflight 4.2 you can re-enable the sliders and they should go back to the default setting.

I would also double check prop installation, motor direction (although this should't have changed unless you messed with BL Heli Suite 32), check that the quad picture leans to match the actual quad movement in Betaflight. I have had a quad start to behave strange although different symptoms. I bought another flight controller and swapped it out to test. This fixed my issue. I didn't want to bother with experimenting with the gyros, but a bad gyro is probably what caused the issue.
If you get another flight controller and it turns out that that is not the issue, you end up with an extra flight controller that you will probably have use for eventually.
2021-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules