M2P travels Outback Australia
662 28 2021-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

As I await my M3P (one day) all I can do is make more films with what I have on file! All aerials shot with the M2P.
2021-1-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there christangey. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this amazing aerial video you have filmed using your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Great work and keep on flying. .
2021-1-15
Use props
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Thankyou for your support again DJI Stephen!
2021-1-15
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-15 03:52
Hello there christangey. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this amazing aerial video you have filmed using your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Great work and keep on flying.  .

Your cinematic technique, slow but not too slow, create a cohesive themed video. One suggestion, watch the production again several times in a day. Sleep on it. Next day go back and cut out about 1/2 the clips keeping only the strongest.

I'm an old photographer and teacher with a 45 year old MA in Audio Visual Media. Although the recording technology is light years ahead (I've kept up) the basic principles of visual presentation have not changed. If anything, peoples attention spans have shortened, requiring introspective editing by the creator.
2021-1-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beautiful footage.   I dont know how you push the M2P so hard.
2021-1-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Remarkable footage!  
2021-1-15
Use props
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Marty Markoe Posted at 1-15 05:08
Your cinematic technique, slow but not too slow, create a cohesive themed video. One suggestion, watch the production again several times in a day. Sleep on it. Next day go back and cut out about 1/2 the clips keeping only the strongest.

I'm an old photographer and teacher with a 45 year old MA in Audio Visual Media. Although the recording technology is light years ahead (I've kept up) the basic principles of visual presentation have not changed. If anything, peoples attention spans have shortened, requiring introspective editing by the creator.

Thanks Marty, agreed you must revisit, funny thing is when I did I ended up adding 5 more more clips! Sometimes you end up not being able to see the forest for the trees which is why pro Editors are so good, they're not married to any particular shot, as they didn't take it!
2021-1-15
Use props
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 1-15 05:14
Beautiful footage.   I dont know how you push the M2P so hard.

Thanks DAflys, I guess you get a sense after a while as to how much it will take, but on the other hand I also agree with the motto of the Australian SAS, "who dares, wins". In terms of shots you do have to push it a bit, but understanding the parameters, conditions etc. first on the day.
2021-1-15
Use props
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

thanks Captain
2021-1-15
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great footage, the M2pro is a great drone for everyday fun drone to serious film making.  Have a great day and stay safe!
2021-1-15
Use props
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

thanks Captain Lucas
2021-1-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

christangey Posted at 1-15 16:01
Thanks DAflys, I guess you get a sense after a while as to how much it will take, but on the other hand I also agree with the motto of the Australian SAS, "who dares, wins". In terms of shots you do have to push it a bit, but understanding the parameters, conditions etc. first on the day.

"who dares, wins" - that was the motto of comedian Del Trotter from a TV show called Only Fools and Horses.  
2021-1-16
Use props
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 1-16 00:53
"who dares, wins" - that was the motto of comedian Del Trotter from a TV show called Only Fools and Horses.

Have to see if I can find it! But yes sometimes you have to consider whether it is worth chancing the drone or not and sometimes things get out of your control as well. I had been trying to get a dust devil shot like the one in the clip for a while and I hate flying over 40C as it isn't designed for that, and especially not the batteries! So if I am forced to, I try to keep the flights short. Needless to say that dusty thing on a 45C day was further way from me than I thought and was moving over the ground much faster than I thought too. I literally knew I was risking both the drone and the battery before I took off, but I took the dare and got it all back. Could easily have ended in a lost drone, lost battery and even worse, lost SD card!
2021-1-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

christangey Posted at 1-16 01:30
Have to see if I can find it! But yes sometimes you have to consider whether it is worth chancing the drone or not and sometimes things get out of your control as well. I had been trying to get a dust devil shot like the one in the clip for a while and I hate flying over 40C as it isn't designed for that, and especially not the batteries! So if I am forced to, I try to keep the flights short. Needless to say that dusty thing on a 45C day was further way from me than I thought and was moving over the ground much faster than I thought too. I literally knew I was risking both the drone and the battery before I took off, but I took the dare and got it all back. Could easily have ended in a lost drone, lost battery and even worse, lost SD card!

Wow 45c is crazy.

Heres an example -
2021-1-16
Use props
KDP +
Second Officer
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Netherlands

WOW !! Absolutely fantastic footage !!  
2021-1-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're very welcome.
2021-1-16
Use props
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

KDP + Posted at 1-16 03:34
WOW !! Absolutely fantastic footage !!

thank you KDP
2021-1-16
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

Your cinematic technique, slow but not too slow, create a cohesive themed video. One suggestion, watch the production again several times in a day. Sleep on it. Next day go back and cut out about 1/2 the clips keeping only the strongest.

yes  it is the method also I learnt
following  day watch again and again   
you can not imagine how your mind is changing  
2021-1-16
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Macao

where were you mate  somewhere in up Darwin?
2021-1-16
Use props
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

akozc Posted at 1-16 07:46
where were you mate  somewhere in up Darwin?

No, all over SA and NT mainly, some was around Katherine in the top end.
2021-1-16
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Macao

christangey Posted at 1-16 16:44
No, all over SA and NT mainly, some was around Katherine in the top end.

Nice........ safe flight and great  videography btw
2021-1-16
Use props
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

akozc Posted at 1-16 17:22
Nice........ safe flight and great  videography btw

thanks Akozc
2021-1-16
Use props
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 1-16 01:39
Wow 45c is crazy.

Heres an example -

thanks I'll have a look
2021-1-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

christangey Posted at 1-16 22:25
thanks I'll have a look

You’re very welcome.
2021-1-17
Use props
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

By the way Marty I was not dismissing your professional opinion but agreeing with you. If you have any specific comments feel free to contact me at ch**s@alicespringsfilmtv.com.au
2021-1-17
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

chris tangey:  Another splendid example of your work, always well worth the watch.  I even snitched a screen capture for a screen-saver.  
2021-1-17
Use props
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 1-17 18:34
chris tangey:  Another splendid example of your work, always well worth the watch.  I even snitched a screen capture for a screen-saver.

Ha! No worries Bob, I only send the dogs out after those who snitch it to make money!
2021-1-18
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

christangey Posted at 1-18 21:27
Ha! No worries Bob, I only send the dogs out after those who snitch it to make money!

SUPER to hear that! LOL
2021-1-20
Use props
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 1-20 14:55
SUPER to hear that! LOL

however if you see a paypal symbol suddenly appear on your screen...
2021-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules