Not Enough Force/ESC Error & Check for objects blocking motor ..
1091 13 2021-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PastDown
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi all,

I'm new to the world of drones and I bought a second-hand Mavic Air 2 off a trusted seller.  It also came with the DJI refresh cover.

Over the past few days I've been watching lots of YouTube tutorials to learn how operate the Mavic Air 2 and to find out the most common mistakes made by a new user etc.

I took my drone out today for the first time and after 5mis 34sec it fell from the sky.  The device itself hasn't broke but there was an electrically burning smell and smoke (Not good a good sign)

I turned if off straight away and headed home to inspect the drone and review the data logs. I checked the motors and there wasn't a blockage, even though the logs state there was.

At 4mins 32secs I tried to bring down drone but it wouldn’t respond to my controls.  'm not sure why it went into Active track, maybe it was user error but I’m I didn’t select this option.

I was wondering if anyone had experience these issues before and could help?
Thanks
dji issues record.PNG
2021-1-15
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Best to get help is to upload your flightlog, using this link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Or put a cloud-link on here to your flightlog.

If phantomhelp doesn`t show good data, never mind. i read your log anyway.

cheers
JJB
2021-1-15
Use props
PastDown
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,

Thank you for your response.  Unfortunately I'm having issues trying to upload the files to Phantom website.  It's not producing any content when uploading the file - https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/BT9I8NH365376C1US2QM/

Link to log file, I don't know if I've uploaded the correct file  - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r1n67v057xyj269/AAAAf2MK_X1zypTgcBIhbx0pa?dl=0  

Thanks

2021-1-15
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640843 ft
Italy

The ESC is the Electronic speed control that controls the power to the brushless motors.  I don't know what kind of ESC the Mavic Air 2 uses but if you've smelled the burning stench it is likely it was his.
For some reason it failed to deliver enough power to the engine.
I found this on airdata: https://app.airdata.com/wiki/Notifications/Not+Enough+Force/ESC+Error
2021-1-15
Use props
PastDown
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks for the link.

On the link it’s states ‘ Consider decreasing altitude and flying less aggressively. If the problem persists, land immediately’.  I wasn’t even that high (37ft) and I wasn’t flying it aggressively due to this being my first time flying a drone.  I’ve raised a return ticket with DJI.

I wondering if the motor has complete burnt out?  Very strange this happened on my first flight, do you think it might have been faulty prior to my flight?

Thanks
2021-1-15
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
Second Officer
Italy

PastDown Posted at 1-15 12:34
Thanks for the link.

On the link it’s states ‘ Consider decreasing altitude and flying less aggressively. If the problem persists, land immediately’.  I wasn’t even that high (37ft) and I wasn’t flying it aggressively due to this being my first time flying a drone.  I’ve raised a return ticket with DJI.

Yes I think it might have been faulty just prior to your first flight.
I also bought a Mavic air 2 used and thanks to the DJI Care refresh I discovered that it had already been brought to service twice.
The problem can be on an engine or electronics. Perhaps on the log files is possible to understand which engine did not work.
2021-1-15
Use props
PastDown
lvl.1

United Kingdom

As soon as it arrived, I checked the refresh plan and it’s not been replaced.  Is there a way to check if it’s had been repaired?

It’s strange it worked okay for 4 minutes then the fault occurred.  I would have thought the drone would  have picked up the issue when it did pre-check flight checks?

2021-1-15
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
Second Officer
Italy

PastDown Posted at 1-15 13:00
As soon as it arrived, I checked the refresh plan and it’s not been replaced.  Is there a way to check if it’s had been repaired?

It’s strange it worked okay for 4 minutes then the fault occurred.  I would have thought the drone would  have picked up the issue when it did pre-check flight checks?

If you go here you can check all the life of your drone:
https://service.dji.com/djicare/coverage
No, the flight controls do not strain the motors as they do when the drone is moving.
The microprocessor continuously checks the motors to send it the right signals so that the drone does what the remote control or electronics say.

2021-1-15
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Airdata site link: https://app.airdata.com/share/GQlhPI
This is a temporary link. I will remove it after a week.

2021-1-15
Use props
PastDown
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks, Gary.  I don’t think I did anything wrong?  If I have, I would like to know

Raf -  I have checked  the link and it doesn’t state it’s been repaired and I still have 2 exchanges available under the refresh cover.  If you look at the report Gary upload, I would be interested to know your thoughts.

Thanks

2021-1-15
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
Second Officer
Italy

Hi everyone,
thanks Gary for the upload.
Yes I'm seeing the log files now. Have you noticed that you have received a problem with GPS reception? But then the map does not highlight this problem, it says that it is always in green state.
The problem on the GPS happened just when you had the first problem on the ESC: 4 seconds after.
I don't know what the inside of the Mavic looks like if they are all mounted on a single board, ESC, processor, GPS, IMU, etc. But if so, I think you may have had a problem on the board, perhaps power supply that compromised everything.

Still look at the state of the batteries.
In particular the diag called minutes per battery.  It is in the red band. Perhaps the batteries are exhausted and unable to deliver maximum power. Or what we see is a consequence of the engine problem.
The maximum deviation between the three battery cells occurred just when the engine problem occurred.
I am not an expert on this drone but I can tell you that in my opinion it was drawing a little too many amps for what you were doing.
If you see the "Volts and Amps" map you are almost always between 10 and 15A

We ask for an opinion from those who are more experienced in Mavic drones.

2021-1-16
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

PastDown Posted at 1-15 11:35
Hi,

Thank you for your response.  Unfortunately I'm having issues trying to upload the files to Phantom website.  It's not producing any content when uploading the file - https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/BT9I8NH365376C1US2QM/

Hi,

Had a look at your log, all has been said already.

At 4m20.9 the first error, see my chart.

If you like put a link on here to the DAT file for this flight, FLY040.DAT on your mob device too.
In theDAT more data to be seen about RPM etc of the 4 motors.

PS i left out the "NotEnoughForce" warning (after the first one), too many of them to fit on one page....

Batt cell values are normal (far above 3.0 Volts each cell) , amps draw getting high!, 'normal' when the motors need to spin at high/max revs to keep drone in te air.

cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
analysis2.png
analysis3.png
2021-1-16
Use props
PastDown
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks JJB.  I really appreciate the information.  Unfortunately I don’t have a DAT.  I’ve done a bit research and it looks like I had the option to sync data and once the data is sync it deleted the files

I interested to know what caused the issues.  Does it seem like it had an electrical issue?

Thanks
2021-1-17
Use props
PastDown
lvl.1

United Kingdom

RAF,  that’s didn’t interesting what you’ve noticed about the GPS.  Definitely something strange going on with the onboard electrics.
2021-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules