Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all,
Well, was hoping to never have to post in this forum again... but another day, another round of DJI Firmware update issues.

Here is the story....   After more than a year of flawless flights and no software/firmware updates, I finally decided to update EVERYTHING Yesterday.  I used a USB cable and "Assistant 2 for Mavic" and every update went flawlessly.  

After updating the firmware on the drone and RC, then updating the application on the iPad, I fired up  the MP2 (props removed) on my work table and clicked around in the interface to see what was new.  After also updating 7 batteries,  I calibrated the IMU, gimbal, all sensors...   everthing went really well.   I was looking forward to flying with a seemingly fresh new bird.

Then after updating and calibrating, I decided to do a final workbench test run (no props) to make sure everything was communicating before I took it out on a test flight.  This was the first time I noticed that when I would boot the MP2, the gimbal wouldn't do its normal boot-time calibrations... it was just limp.  I got an Error 200 in DJIGo4, and NO TRANSMISSION.  I could not even start the motors on the drone.   In searching around in GO4, I noticed that all settings related to the camera were unusable and there was no serial number for the camera.  I did see that the firmwares were properly updated in the MP2 and the RC.

In researching the Error 200, I found many replies in this forum about pulling/reformatting the SD Card to repair an Error 200.  I had no SD card installed, so I installed one, same problem.  I was able to reformat the card and the Gimbal problem went away (temporarily).  I thought I had fixed the problem as now everything seemed to work perfectly.  I was finally able to start the motors, the camera and gimbal started working as expected.   Then I shut down the MP2, and upon rebooting everthing, the problem was back and I cannot get the gimbal & camera to work.

I swapped cards, swapped cables, reinstalled the Firmware, countless reboots.

Problem still exists.   Over the past year I have told at least a dozen of my friends/peers, "Don't do a DJI Firmware update unless it is an emergency"....   I let my guard down and decided I wanted the latest/greatest features and BLAM, here I am once again, in a DJI Firmware Nightmare.   Not sure why this continues to be a problem with DJI after all these years.
OH, and I notice that the MP2 seems to get exceptionally hot while sitting on my tabletop.  The fans come on high and stay on high.  These problems are not hardware... they occurred only after updating the firmware.

2021-1-15
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Try rolling back the firmware to the last one the Assistant 2 allows you to, sometimes this does fix the problem. When ever I have to do an update I will always update the same firmware to the drone twice just so no bugs corrupt my firmware.
2021-1-15
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have done every DJI firmware with zero problems.  Could it be a hardware problem? did you power up and did a test flight before the firmware? I know for a fact that if there is a bad connection between the drone and camera it will give a 200 error code(which it happened to me after a soft landing on a bush).  Like Suren said see if you can rollback the firmware or you can try re-loading the firmware again this time try doing wireless.
2021-1-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Mabou2. Thanks for reaching out! Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience that it has caused. If you have not tried, we recommend performing a firmware refresh via the DJI Assistant 2 then check if that helps resolve the issue. Before testing out, please make sure that the cable is removed from the aircraft. However, should the same problem persists, we recommend to open a ticket and return the unit back for further testing by reaching our Customer Support.
2021-1-16
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hi all, thanks for the feedback.   SO, I had refreshed the latest firmware update a couple of times and did not make a difference.  Rolled the Firmware back to the previous release and THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED.  

I also rolled back the RC to the previous version.  (good idea or doesn't matter?)

Question...all seven batteries are still updated to the latest Firmware version.... does it matter that I have rolled everything else back to a previous formware version? i.e. Should I roll back the firmware on the batteries?
2021-1-16
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 1-15 21:12
I have done every DJI firmware with zero problems.  Could it be a hardware problem? did you power up and did a test flight before the firmware? I know for a fact that if there is a bad connection between the drone and camera it will give a 200 error code(which it happened to me after a soft landing on a bush).  Like Suren said see if you can rollback the firmware or you can try re-loading the firmware again this time try doing wireless.

You are very lucky....    I'll call you LuckyLucas.   If you check out these forums, you will see a massive amount of people who had issues with Firmware updates.   I have been affected by DJI Firmware updates way too many times.   (I still have two P4Ps that have never been the same after those Firmware issues.... I still have a Ronin S that doesn't operate properly with the GH5s after a Firmware update.... etc)

So consider yourself lucky... when your luck runs out, you will definitely know the pain.
2021-1-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Mabou2 Posted at 1-16 08:22
Hi all, thanks for the feedback.   SO, I had refreshed the latest firmware update a couple of times and did not make a difference.  Rolled the Firmware back to the previous release and THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED.  

I also rolled back the RC to the previous version.  (good idea or doesn't matter?)

Good that the issue got resolved with the roll back, you can try updating to a firmware later than the one you have, do a full test but make sure when you update do a refresh of the same firmware again then test drone. You should be good to go then.
2021-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules