New Mavic, old controller, unable to fly in Authorized Zones
1182 2 2021-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kanikas
New
United States

Good afternoon,

About two years ago I lost my original Mavic. I bought a new one, but without a new controller, since I planned on using my existing controller.  Got the new Mavic, paired my old controller to it, everything works fine.

Fast forward to now, and I'm trying to unlock an authorization zone for the first time so I can take some photos for work. I registered the SN located on the new flight controller (Just to clarify, it IS the number located under the AR code when you take off the battery, correct?) with the FAA, got authorization through the Kittyhawk app, and I thought I was good to go. However, as soon as I take off, my controller disconnects and lands the drone for me. Happens every time.

Anyways, I just learned you can find the Flight Controller Serial Number on the DJI GO app in the camera/general settings. It has a completely different SN than that on my new drone. I believe it still remembers the SN for my old drone that I lost, and that's what is preventing me from being able to take off.

Has anyone come across this issue, or know how to resolve it? A lot of my jobsites are located on Authorization Zone property, and I'd be a bummer if I can't take photos of our work.

Thank you!
2021-1-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Kanikas. Thanks for reaching out! We're sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. The Flight Controller Serial Number is different from the Aircraft Serial. The Flight Controller Serial Number can only be found under the General Settings > About page of the DJI GO 4 when both the Remote and Aircraft are linked. Regarding your issue, we recommend checking whether your DJI GO 4 is updated and all the Fly Safe Dabatases are also in their latest version (can also be found under the General Settings > About page of the DJI GO 4). Once everything is updated, relaunch the DJI GO 4 then test whether a notification from the DJI GO 4 would appear saying that you're in Authorization Zone.

2021-1-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sounds like you didnt unlock with DJI - https://www.dji.com/uk/flysafe/self-unlock
2021-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules