RAVENEYE doesn't connect to ronin RS2
10112 22 2021-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CameraguyJeff
lvl.1
United States

Hello,

My Raveneye are and RS2 are connected properly, but do not recognize each other.

The gimbal says "RavenEye not connected with gimbal or camera HDMI port". And the Raveneye LED never turns blue.

The Raveneye and gimbal are connected withe USB-C that came with the gimbal, but I've used multiple USB-C cables. The camera, a Sony FS5M2 is connected via hdmi to the Raveneye. Did i recieve a defective product? Please help. Thank you.

raveneye to gimbal usb-c 90 degree

raveneye to gimbal usb-c 90 degree

ronin display "not connected"

ronin display "not connected"

wont turn blue

wont turn blue

gimbal connection

gimbal connection

raveneye connection

raveneye connection

camera hdmi

camera hdmi

raveneye hdmi

raveneye hdmi
2021-1-15
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hi:

Is the Sony FS5M2 a compatable camera?  You can find that here:  https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility?product=rs-2&from=nav

If it is on the list, then you need a third connection.  You would then connect the USB on your camera to the top USB C port on the RS 2.

Don.

2021-1-15
Use props
CameraguyJeff
lvl.1
United States

DGBarar Posted at 1-15 16:27
Hi:

Is the Sony FS5M2 a compatable camera?  You can find that here:  https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility?product=rs-2&from=nav

Hi! Thanks for the reply. The camera isn't supported, but that's not the issue.
I don't need to control the camera since it's not a still camera. The problem is that the RS2 and the RAVENEYE are not recognizing each other.  The USB from the raveneye to the gimbal is properly connected, but light remains red and won't turn blue.
2021-1-15
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

CameraguyJeff Posted at 1-15 17:53
Hi! Thanks for the reply. The camera isn't supported, but it shouldn't matter.

I don't need to control the camera. The problem is that the RS2 and the RAVENEYE are not recognizing each other.  The USB from the raveneye to the gimbal is properly connected, but light remains red and won't turn blue.

Hi Jeff:

Sorry, I am unable to help you with this.  Hopefully, someone else or the DJI Team will be able to answer your question.

Don
2021-1-15
Use props
CameraguyJeff
lvl.1
United States

No prob. Thanks you for trying. Hopefully someone can help.
2021-1-15
Use props
jordanpryce
New
United States

Have you tried another usb c cable?
2021-1-16
Use props
CameraguyJeff
lvl.1
United States

jordanpryce Posted at 1-16 13:00
Have you tried another usb c cable?

Yes. I've used multiple cables, but nothing works.
2021-1-16
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hi Jeff,

Just had a thought.  Why bother connecting to the RS 2 at all.  Seems to me, all you need is the HDMI connection between your camera and RavenEye.

Don
2021-1-16
Use props
CameraguyJeff
lvl.1
United States

DGBarar Posted at 1-16 16:05
Hi Jeff,

Just had a thought.  Why bother connecting to the RS 2 at all.  Seems to me, all you need is the HDMI connection between your camera and RavenEye.

Hi Don,

I did connect the camera to Raveneye using HDMI. I believe it's in one of the pictures above.  I tried disconnecting the Usb from the Raveneye to the gimbal but it still doesn't work.

I just wanted to be able to use the virtual joystick function. And to confirm it'll work properly when i buy a compatible camera.

It looks like I just may have to return it for another one.

Jeff
2021-1-16
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hi Jeff:

I think that I understand.  Your goal was to use the Ronin App along with the RavenEye so that you can use the virtual joystick to position gimbal.  But Ronin app does not work with only HDMI connection between the camera and RavenEye and you are unable to use the virtual joystick.  Is this correct?  Are you able to get and image on the Ronin app?

In my instance, I have a FujiFilm X-T3 mounted on an RS 2 along with RavenEye.  I have three cable connections.  I can confirm for you that I have been able to use the virtual joystick in the Ronin app.  I know this is not much help with your current camera and I can not vouch for what happens with different cameras.  In my instance it does work.

I have only had RS 2 since December 24.   In general, I think the system works very well and this is a good gimbal.  The only thing I have not tried is manual focusing.

Don
2021-1-16
Use props
CameraguyJeff
lvl.1
United States

DGBarar Posted at 1-16 18:38
Hi Jeff:

I think that I understand.  Your goal was to use the Ronin App along with the RavenEye so that you can use the virtual joystick to position gimbal.  But Ronin app does not work with only HDMI connection between the camera and RavenEye and you are unable to use the virtual joystick.  Is this correct?  Are you able to get and image on the Ronin app?

It's seems like a great product. I did like my original Ronin S, but I honestly think I just got a defective RavenEye.

When the USB-C is connected from the RavenEye to the Ronin, the light on the RavenEye should turn blue, but it doesn't. (picture 1, picture 3).

The HDMI is connected from the Camera to the RavenEye (picture 6, picture 7)

But the Ronin says nothing is connected. (picture 2)

It's all good. I really appreciate your help.  If I don't hear from any admin next week, I'll just return it. Thanks Don!

2021-1-16
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

CameraguyJeff Posted at 1-16 19:04
It's seems like a great product. I did like my original Ronin S, but I honestly think I just got a defective RavenEye.

When the USB-C is connected from the RavenEye to the Ronin, the light on the RavenEye should turn blue, but it doesn't. (picture 1, picture 3).

Hi Jeff:

For me, RavenEye LED has the following meanings:

- Red.  No WiFi connection to mobile telephone.
- Blue.  WiFi connection to mobile telephone.
- Green.  When RS 2 is on, camera is on, and Ronin app open.  As soon as application goes off or camera goes off then LED goes back to blue.

But, I have the full complement of cables connected.  I am uncertain how the system responds with only two cables connected.

What I find puzzling about your situation is that the RavenEye is supposed to work independent of the gimbal.  And, if it does, there needs to be a way to al least see the image on your mobile device.  I am assuming that is the Ronin app.  But do not know for sure.

Hopefully, the DJI team will respond to you by Monday.

Don
2021-1-16
Use props
CameraguyJeff
lvl.1
United States

DGBarar Posted at 1-16 20:55
Hi Jeff:

For me, RavenEye LED has the following meanings:

I  still don't understand why I'm getting the message "RavenEye not connected with gimbal or camera HDMI port" when they obviously are.

I was able to get the Connect to the Wifi using my mobile phone though. I was typing the password wrong. I though "2" was "Z".

I'll wait to hear from admin though.

Thanks again!

2021-1-17
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

CameraguyJeff Posted at 1-17 15:12
I  still don't understand why I'm getting the message "RavenEye not connected with gimbal or camera HDMI port" when they obviously are.

I was able to get the Connect to the Wifi using my mobile phone though. I was typing the password wrong. I though "2" was "Z".

Hi Jeff:

Were you able to get this resolved?

Don
2021-1-22
Use props
CameraguyJeff
lvl.1
United States

Hey Don,

Nope. Lol. I'm. Not really sure where to go from here.
I guess I need to contact dji support or hope some with an FS5ii sees this post.

Jeff
2021-1-22
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

CameraguyJeff Posted at 1-22 15:43
Hey Don,

Nope. Lol. I'm. Not really sure where to go from here.

HI Jeff,

I was hoping DJI would respond to this thread.  I will try some experimentation on my end and see what happens when I remove the USB cable between the camera and the top USB connection on the RS2.  Even though I have an X-T3 I am hoping that's similar enough and I can develop a work around.

Don
2021-1-23
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DGBarar Posted at 1-23 06:24
HI Jeff,

I was hoping DJI would respond to this thread.  I will try some experimentation on my end and see what happens when I remove the USB cable between the camera and the top USB connection on the RS2.  Even though I have an X-T3 I am hoping that's similar enough and I can develop a work around.

Hi Jeff:

I tried the following experiment with X-T3/RS 2.  I connected the HDMI cable between my camera and RavenEye.  I also connected the USB cable between RavenEye and the bottom USB port on the RS2.  The USB cable between the X-T3 and top USB port on RS 2 was not used.

Next, I turned the X-T3 and RavenEye on.  I then was able to connect to the RavenEye via WiFi.  Then I turned on the RS 2.  No error messages like you are getting.

With the above configuration I was able to see the image in the Ronin application and able to control the gimbal with the virtual joystick.  I was not able to get toggle record on/off from the Ronin application.  This is what I expected from your set-up, but clearly not what you are getting.

Jeff, check to see if your camera is compatible with RavenEye.

Don
2021-1-23
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DGBarar Posted at 1-23 08:08
Hi Jeff:

I tried the following experiment with X-T3/RS 2.  I connected the HDMI cable between my camera and RavenEye.  I also connected the USB cable between RavenEye and the bottom USB port on the RS2.  The USB cable between the X-T3 and top USB port on RS 2 was not used.

Hi Jeff:

The FS5M2 does not appear as a compatible camera on the RavenEye list: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ibility_List_en.pdf

Not sure if this matters.

But this might.  Does the FS5M2 have the ability to output 1080P via HDMI?  RavenEye will only accept 1080P  If not, this could be the source of your issue.

Don
2021-1-23
Use props
CameraguyJeff
lvl.1
United States

DGBarar Posted at 1-23 16:31
Hi Jeff:

The FS5M2 does not appear as a compatible camera on the RavenEye list: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ibility_List_en.pdf

Don!

You are %100 percent the man! That was the problem. I didn't have the HDMI output set to 1080p. It seem to be working great now, even though the camera isn't supported.

I would've never figured that out. Thanks so much!
2021-1-25
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

CameraguyJeff Posted at 1-25 20:57
Don!

You are %100 percent the man! That was the problem. I didn't have the HDMI output set to 1080p. It seem to be working great now, even though the camera isn't supported.

Hi Jeff:

You are most welcome.  Absolutely delighted I could help.

Don Barar
2021-1-26
Use props
Hank Thad
lvl.1
Canada

CameraguyJeff Posted at 1-16 17:05
Hi Don,

I did connect the camera to Raveneye using HDMI. I believe it's in one of the pictures above.  I tried disconnecting the Usb from the Raveneye to the gimbal but it still doesn't work.

connect the USB-c from gimble to the RSS port next to the HDMI on the raven eye. In one of the pictures, I noticed you used the raven eye's charging port.
2021-8-7
Use props
Pato_waman
New

Ecuador

Hola, me pueden ayudar por qué sale este icono rojo en la la pantalla del Ronin rs3 pro. Les agradecería su ayuda.
2023-8-4
Use props
Pato_waman
New

Ecuador

La cámara es Sony A7VI
2023-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules