Help!!!! Weird Digital Noise Crash in OSMO POCKET!!!
569 7 2021-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
N A R
lvl.1

Thailand

Hello guys,

During shooting the long clip, I just found out that there is a long weird digital noise crash sound in the audio.

This weird digital noise crash sound appeared after 13 minutes of shooting.

Then, my OSMO POCKET will stop recording after 15 minutes and it started record things again as the new clip. And, that weird digital noise crash sound still appeared in the second clip too for 2 minutes. Which means the digital noise appeared at the end of first clip for 2 minutes and at the beginning of the second clip.

What is wrong with OSMO POCKET????

Now, I guess that there are 2 possible causes for that weird sound

1. It may be the heat after long shooting.

2. It's the problem with the SD card. (But, why there is no weird digital noise crash sound in the first 10 minutes?)

And, the next question is I don't understand why OSMO POCKET has to stop the clip at 15 miutes. Can I film things continuously like 30 mins with no split?

Please help me find the solution for this mysterious problem.

Thank you.

2021-1-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, N A R. Thanks for reaching out! We're sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. Regarding the digital noise, we recommend uploading a sample so we can have it evaluated. If you do have another SD card, it is suggested to conduct another test using that and see if that makes any difference. You can keep us updated on the result.

For the Osmo Pocket, the video splitting mechanism is the same as the DJI Pocket 2 and Osmo Action. The maximum capacity of a single file will not exceed 4GB. If exceeded, then the recording will be stopped, and a new recording will be started. There are two main reasons for this operation:
1. For SD cards with memory less than 64GB only a FAT32 file system can be used (The SD Association stipulates that files can be formatted into exFAT in Windows system for non-standard usage). The capacity of a single file cannot exceed 4GB.
2. For SD cards with memory greater than or equal to 64GB only an exFAT file system can be used (which is specified by SD Association). Theoretically, a single file can exceed 4GB. However, in order to avoid errors resulting from files being too large, we still split files when the capacity exceeds 4GB.
2021-1-15
Use props
N A R
lvl.1

Thailand

Hello Gamora,

I uploaded the file for you already. You can download it here https://www.mediafire.com/file/3m5m32owsgacfit/Sequence_01_1.avi/file

FYI, I have 128 GB SD card but I am not sure about the format system.

I really hope you will be able to solve the mystery for me.

Thank you.
2021-1-16
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

N A R Posted at 1-16 18:08
Hello Gamora,

I uploaded the file for you already. You can download it here https://www.mediafire.com/file/3m5m32owsgacfit/Sequence_01_1.avi/file

I think when DJI ask for a sample file they would prefer to see a file created from the Osmo Pocket and not a poor quality conversion ,as the conversion itself could be the problem.

Also is the recording using the Pocket's own internal mics or an external mic? If an external mic which audio adapter are you using? If not the DJI one then some third party audio adapters deliver too high a volume into the Osmo Pocket and could be the cause of breakdown of the Osmo Pockets sound board.

Ray.
2021-1-17
Use props
N A R
lvl.1

Thailand

Hello,

I didn't use any extra mic. It's the OSMO POCKET's internal mic. There is no adapter attached at all. Just OSMO POCKET itself.

About the info, I don't know how can I have that file details. Please let me know.

And, because this weird crash sound shows up on all the devices that I've tried, so I first thought that this file was enough.

Thank you so much.

2021-1-17
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

N A R Posted at 1-17 21:32
Hello,

I didn't use any extra mic. It's the OSMO POCKET's internal mic. There is no adapter attached at all. Just OSMO POCKET itself.

If you are taking these files from your phone via the Mimo app they are not full resolution files. You need to download them from the Osmo Pocket directly on to a computer via one of the Osmo Pockets ports or by downloading from the SD card directly.. Files from a phone connection via the Mimo app are far lower quality.
2021-1-18
Use props
N A R
lvl.1

Thailand

OK. But, from the video that I uploaded https://www.mediafire.com/file/3m5m32owsgacfit/Sequence_01_1.avi/file , can you guess what is wrong with DJI OSMO POCKET?

Why there was that weird digital noise in the video?
2021-1-22
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

N A R Posted at 1-22 00:33
OK. But, from the video that I uploaded https://www.mediafire.com/file/3m5m32owsgacfit/Sequence_01_1.avi/file , can you guess what is wrong with DJI OSMO POCKET?

Why there was that weird digital noise in the video?

If you want DJI to look into the matter I personally would make a file from the Pocket and not a converted file directly downloadable for them as there is no guarantee there is not corruption of a converted file.
Having said that, if you are using the internal mic it sounds like a breakdown of the internal sound ADC or supporting components to me. Possibly the capacitors depending on the circuit  design.
Ray.
2021-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules