No reaction to the error. Where is DJI?
2022-12-30
Use props
frust
lvl.1

Germany

So many users have the problem.
DJI doesn't want to help anymore?
I destroyed a lot of footage. With DJI camera.
The footage won't come back.

Link to Video :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_2KW7dWvaa_1HINWw8qVdw

2022-12-30
Use props
frust
lvl.1

Germany

I will report the issue to the press and DJI will have to fix the problem.
2022-12-30
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

frust Posted at 2022-12-30 11:46
So many users have the problem.
DJI doesn't want to help anymore?
I destroyed a lot of footage. With DJI camera.

I don't believe DJI will release a firmware update... almost a year back DJI told there was a beta firmware for some complaining users, and in the present you still don't see the final firmware released. Couldn't fix anything? Don't want to fix it? This flicker thing it's annoying, and from what I see the first Osmo Pocket was better in almost everything.
2023-1-4
Use props
frust
lvl.1

Germany

Yes that's right, the OP 1 was better.
I test OP 2 again.

1. No, the error is not the encoding algorithm in the camera, not the change between I-frames and P-frames, since the flickering can already be seen on the small monitor in the camera. And not only on the video files.

2. No, the error is not a background noise or residual noise.

It's my idea.
I think the motors in the gimbal are interfering with the picture.
Even if the camera is standing still on a tripod and nothing is moving, the motors interfere and try to compensate for a movement, but there is no movement because the camera is on a tripod.
The impulses, i.e. the flickering, come from the motors of the gimbal or the control for the motors.
So a hardware error.

I will send OP 2 back.  No more Osmo Pocket.. Too bad.
2023-1-5
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

frust Posted at 1-5 10:27
Yes that's right, the OP 1 was better.
I test OP 2 again.

I don't believe it's from the gimbal movement... because some phones do the same thing. My Samsung s10 lite does the same flicker... my past xiaomi didn't,  and my wife's iPhone 12 doesn't do the flickering as well. So it must be software or the hardware can't handle, I think.
2023-1-5
Use props
djiuser_0CTovO9kO4NZ
New

United States

Hi all! Try manual exposure. No flickering on my end. Mostly what I do is before filming, I will pan and plan my recording by pointing to the spots I'm trying to record and see to it that the manual exposure will be between -0.7 and +0.7 which is acceptable to me in post color grading using d-cinelike. Unfortunately won't work if let's say you're continuously recording for 5 mins and don't plan to cut your scenes in post hope that helps!
2023-4-21
Use props
djiuser_0CTovO9kO4NZ
New

United States

Hi all! Try manual exposure. No flickering on my end. Mostly what I do is before filming, I will pan and plan my recording by pointing to the spots I'm trying to record and see to it that the manual exposure will be between -0.7 and +0.7 which is acceptable to me in post color grading using d-cinelike. Unfortunately won't work if let's say you're continuously recording for 5 mins and don't plan to cut your scenes in post hope that helps!
2023-4-21
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

djiuser_0CTovO9kO4NZ Posted at 4-21 12:45
Hi all! Try manual exposure. No flickering on my end. Mostly what I do is before filming, I will pan and plan my recording by pointing to the spots I'm trying to record and see to it that the manual exposure will be between -0.7 and +0.7 which is acceptable to me in post color grading using d-cinelike. Unfortunately won't work if let's say you're continuously recording for 5 mins and don't plan to cut your scenes in post  hope that helps!

Although it’s good to come up with ideas, this is NOT the problem, if you read the thread I have stated I have tried locking the exposure , and in addition it is not the whole image which is effected like it would be with an exposure shift.

This effect is not observable on all scenes so you may have just been lucky with your content.
2023-4-21
Use props
djiuser_0CTovO9kO4NZ
New

United States

MKosmo Posted at 4-21 12:52
Although it’s good to come up with ideas, this is NOT the problem, if you read the thread I have stated I have tried locking the exposure , and in addition it is not the whole image which is effected like it would be with an exposure shift.

This effect is not observable on all scenes so you may have just been lucky with your content.

Correct, usually when I'm not in PRO mode, it happens intermittently, I have not seen any flicker in manual exposure even in daylight with the full sun. Nway just try it if you haven't done so, if you have and still getting the flicker, then just disregard this comment. Thanks!
2023-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules