123Next >
13789 89 2021-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

chririva Posted at 3-4 06:15
Here my video taken in mountain, affected with flickering issue. You can see it in the beginning of the video
https://youtu.be/QaxmBtW10tk

So, I'm seeing some very obvious flickering right at the start of the video - then once you are under way - I'm seeing less so but  flickering in the mountains ahead of you.

Is that what you are observing ?

But ..... out on the slopes looks great fun.
2021-3-5
Use props
chririva
lvl.3

Poland

I believe there is no solution and who knows if it will be ever fixed
2021-3-7
Use props
Yayoastur
lvl.4
Spain

I think the problem is in exposure meter. With auto iso , the exposure meter try to level the light, going up and down the autoiso( or shutter speed). Someone had issues with all modes in manual? ( Shutter and iso)
Pd: a fast solution would be, to  able to block the exposure
2021-3-7
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Yayoastur Posted at 3-7 12:05
I think the problem is in exposure meter. With auto iso , the exposure meter try to level the light, going up and down the autoiso( or shutter speed). Someone had issues with all modes in manual? ( Shutter and iso)
Pd: a fast solution would be, to  able to block the exposure

Hi,

thats already been discussed.  It has been tried in full manual to lock any exposure ramping up / down.

Also you will note, the 'apparent' exposure shift does not effect the whole image, just parts with details ( hence not an actual exposure shift as such )
2021-3-7
Use props
djiuser_1odAB6V6WMEm
lvl.1

Ireland

Hi. When I checked my videos from dji pocket 2 on the pc. I found the same issue. Its looks like it was taken with old phone with low mp camera. Lots of dots in videos which was made indoor. P. S. Sorry for my english
2021-5-9
Use props
robbierob2005
lvl.1

Netherlands

Same problem here. Filming in 4K60. It can mainly be seen in grass, tiles and bricks and is happening every second.
2021-5-9
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

robbierob2005 Posted at 5-9 06:19
Same problem here. Filming in 4K60. It can mainly be seen in grass, tiles and bricks and is happening every second.

Yes that’s it exactly.

I ended up returning my camera.  I don’t expect perfection, but I could not put up with that flickering.

If it gets sorted in a firmware update, I’d consider purchasing again.
2021-5-9
Use props
robbierob2005
lvl.1

Netherlands

I hope they will fix this in an update because I really like this camera. I'm recording my walks for my YouTube channel and I don't know any good alternative.  Not a lot camera's can record in 4K60 with this stabilization.
2021-5-10
Use props
djiuser_lYeEmygOG397
New
Germany

could it be related to this topic?
image vibration / flickering
it's hard to differentiate between hardware and software these days..
2021-5-20
Use props
robbierob2005
lvl.1

Netherlands

Don't know. I didn't get the vibration part.  I got exactly what was mentioned in the first post.

I was wondering of this problem also occurred on the Pocket 1
2021-5-21
Use props
RussianUser
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hello everyone from Russia.

I have been observing the same problem with flickering for a long time.
I didn't think much of it, because I'm an amateur videographer. But on a popular technical resource in Russia 4pda.to, I was given a link to this topic when they saw the originals of my videos.

https://ru.files.fm/u/j37zg2qch

Video parameters:
4K, 50 fps, EV -0.7, ISO max 400, D-Cinelike.

In these examples, you can clearly see the flickering!

Is this a marriage?
Why doesn't the official DJI account give any comments?
If the problem is not resolved by the end of the warranty period, I will have to hand over the camera to the store and get my money back.

On our forum https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?showtopic=1007587 there are many people with this problem.

The post was written with the help of a translator.
2021-5-24
Use props
chririva
lvl.3

Poland

Same here, I send it back next month. This is not acceptable.
2021-5-24
Use props
RussianUser
lvl.1
Netherlands

As far as I understand, the problem began to manifest itself with the arrival of spring, when people began to shoot nature. After all, Pocket 2 was released in the winter, and then this problem simply no one noticed.

The post was written with the help of a translator.
2021-5-24
Use props
chririva
lvl.3

Poland

Mine occurred during winter on the snow in the mountains, and it was clearly visible.
2021-5-24
Use props
Dcapo89
lvl.1
United States

Thank you for making this post a while back, because I originally thought I was the only one seeing this. I've also been experiencing this issue since I bought the pocket 2 a few months ago and I'm starting to feel like DJI support is just ignoring it. I just made a new post on the forum with new video examples and have gotten nothing but dead silence. I don't expect anyone else to look at it, but some acknowledgement from DJI support saying they will look into would at least be appreciated. I'm very seriously considering selling this device and moving on to something else.
2021-6-4
Use props
kfh
lvl.2
Denmark

My comment (and example links to a "different view" on the problem) is found here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 942&pid=2499118

Regards
2021-6-7
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Dcapo89 Posted at 6-4 08:30
Thank you for making this post a while back, because I originally thought I was the only one seeing this. I've also been experiencing this issue since I bought the pocket 2 a few months ago and I'm starting to feel like DJI support is just ignoring it. I just made a new post on the forum with new video examples and have gotten nothing but dead silence. I don't expect anyone else to look at it, but some acknowledgement from DJI support saying they will look into would at least be appreciated. I'm very seriously considering selling this device and moving on to something else.

Your welcome.

I am surprised that this issue is not jarring to most people really.

I do wonder if this is a hardware issue, that can not be fixed by an update - hence no further response.

2021-6-8
Use props
djiuser_wpte84WsGrck
lvl.2
Finland

Hi all,

I just retuned from holiday and all my footage with high detail, foliage or grass has the same pulsing exposure issue. Returning this to resseller tomorrow!
https://youtu.be/O59w3FW68KY

Peter
2021-8-20
Use props
fnielsen
lvl.1

Norway

Same problem here. Makes some footage unusable. Please fix.
2021-8-21
Use props
djiuser_3PZ9GYbOi4Pv
lvl.1

Italy

Goodmorning everyone.  I too have noticed the same flickering problem of op2 after having done various tests I have seen that it occurs only by activating the high quality mode.  selecting instead hit saver the defect no longer occurs in any shooting mode.  try it too and give me feedback.
2021-8-22
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

djiuser_3PZ9GYbOi4Pv Posted at 8-22 00:42
Goodmorning everyone.  I too have noticed the same flickering problem of op2 after having done various tests I have seen that it occurs only by activating the high quality mode.  selecting instead hit saver the defect no longer occurs in any shooting mode.  try it too and give me feedback.

Good morning, in the units I had I tried all combinations including battery saver on / off.   Whilst there may have been slight differences, the problem did not disappear.   As others have noticed particularly noticeable in foliage.
2021-8-22
Use props
djiuser_3PZ9GYbOi4Pv
lvl.1

Italy

This is my issue during pan and tilt
https://youtu.be/jHB4-ibuu04
https://youtu.be/tMz2NBGIEfI
2021-8-22
Use props
Seanspace97
New

Canada

We experienced this issue. It got resolved by switching to a high-speed memory card.
2021-11-30
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Seanspace97 Posted at 11-30 08:19
We experienced this issue. It got resolved by switching to a high-speed memory card.

Did you try filming exactly the same scene you observed flicker with before ?

I tried a number of card speeds and also bought a very high speed one just to check this, it made no difference.   This is a compression artefact not a memory card write speed issue.
2021-11-30
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Switzerland

This issue, along with the odd white balance and the bad normal color profile, are the biggest problems of the P2 in my opinion.
2021-12-1
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

I found exactly the same problem... at 60fps, slowing down 50% in a 30fps project, I can see every second a changing exposure, not in every scene... but sometimes it's horrible... I don't know if it's only visible in 4k... the pocket 2 has real 4k or it's interpolation from 2.7k?
2021-12-1
Use props
Karpath
New
Germany

I'm new to the Pocket 2 community, just received mine two days ago, but I instantly encountered this flickering issue and now I can't unsee it anymore I did a bit of research on YouTube and google about it and besides a hand full of videos I found this thread. I'm really wondering why there's not more information about this issue. Is this also common with similar camera devices such as drones, or phones? If it's a bitrate issue it might be fixable with a firmware update but I'm a bit scared to see no reaction about this from DJI. I also read that the Pocket 1 uses higher bitrates, so this could explain why this issue is not present there. Now I can even see it on many videos on YouTube that have been filmed with the Pocket 2 the main reason I purchased it was to shoot some nature/landscape footage during hiking, and it seems that this issue is more prominent especially in that kind of footage, and that makes me uncertain if the Pocket 2 is suitable for me. Is there any way to remove that kind of flicker in the post?
2021-12-19
Use props
Karpath
New
Germany

After doing some more research, it looks like this is a common issue with certain video codecs and also happens with drone camera footage. I found this video, where the issue is called "frame flicker"

(I don't have the permission to share links, just search for "How to Fix Flicker and Video Noise in Drone Videos" on youtube, from the "NeatClips" channel)

I'm playing around with the demo of the Neat plugin for Davinci Resolve and indeed it looks like this helps with the issue, and also removes the grain that the pocket 2 produces even in low ISO footage pretty well.

2021-12-20
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Karpath Posted at 12-20 08:01
After doing some more research, it looks like this is a common issue with certain video codecs and also happens with drone camera footage. I found this video, where the issue is called "frame flicker"

(I don't have the permission to share links, just search for "How to Fix Flicker and Video Noise in Drone Videos" on youtube, from the "NeatClips" channel)

That’s good you’ve found a potential workaround and also noise reduction, however with this technique if I’m understanding correctly in every single clip you use you’d have to identify the intra frame and then apply the plug-in processing.   I can imagine in your average video edit this would become a bit tedious ?

Saying that - how successful is the demo you have tried, does it completely eliminate the flicker problem or is there a trade off in overall video quality ?   Thanks.
2021-12-21
Use props
Karpath
New
Germany

MKosmo Posted at 12-21 05:46
That’s good you’ve found a potential workaround and also noise reduction, however with this technique if I’m understanding correctly in every single clip you use you’d have to identify the intra frame and then apply the plug-in processing.   I can imagine in your average video edit this would become a bit tedious ?

Saying that - how successful is the demo you have tried, does it completely eliminate the flicker problem or is there a trade off in overall video quality ?   Thanks.

I'm still playing around but as far as I can tell it eliminates the flicker pretty much entirely and also helps with a lot of other stuff like moving artifacts and noise. I couldn't detect any tradeoff so far, the plugin makes the footage so much more stable (in terms of moving artifacts) and clean, I'm very impressed. The good thing is, it detects the frame flicker atomatically, you only have to adjust a slider to set the intensity of brightness flicker detection. I'm really thinking about getting the full version now that I see how much it enhances the footage and eliminates these issues. I also watched more footage from the DJI Mini 2 drone on Youtube and I can see a lot of that frame flicker there too. It really looks like many of the professional and marketing footage you see on Youtube is heavily edited to fix those issues.
2021-12-21
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Switzerland

I don't see why I would use an additional software in order to mitigate a compression issue that should be fixed in the very device firmware in first place.
My old Osmo Pocket does not suffer from flickering and excessive noise issue (the image is noisy, but not too much), or at least it is not so visible; why can't it be replicated in the Pocket 2?
2021-12-22
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Mgozer Posted at 12-22 00:39
I don't see why I would use an additional software in order to mitigate a compression issue that should be fixed in the very device firmware in first place.
My old Osmo Pocket does not suffer from flickering and excessive noise issue (the image is noisy, but not too much), or at least it is not so visible; why can't it be replicated in the Pocket 2?

I think whilst it’s good there is a sort of workaround, I do agree with you - it shouldn’t  be necessary to pay for a plug-in to rectify the footage.   

With your average video edit there are many many clips, and I would repeat my concern as above - for EACH  clip having to frame advance to identify a ‘flicker frame’’ then set this in the plug-in , then repeat again for every clip …. Makes it unrealistic for your average edit.

2021-12-22
Use props
poptravel
lvl.2
Germany

I just filmed around another 8 hours of videos with the DJI Pocket 2 and see the flickering every 60th frame. It is disturbingly noticeable at times and due to the 1 second rhythm very annoying. I feel like my work is lost due to this bug - a multi city week-long trip with damaged footage from the Pocket 2 problems.

To DJI: Is there a firmware update in the works or must I send the device back at last? It surely is a defect when so people notice this problem and frustrating when no solution is available after months of complaints. Does DJI suggest something to fix this apparent issue in post production? Could there be a tool to smooth out the luma/chroma jumps every 60 frames? If you are still unaware of this simply check the scopes in DaVinci Resolve

I'm also disappointed in the color science and sharpness from the Pocket 1 compared to the better Pocket 1 but that's another topic...
2022-3-2
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

poptravel Posted at 3-2 16:23
I just filmed around another 8 hours of videos with the DJI Pocket 2 and see the flickering every 60th frame. It is disturbingly noticeable at times and due to the 1 second rhythm very annoying. I feel like my work is lost due to this bug - a multi city week-long trip with damaged footage from the Pocket 2 problems.

To DJI: Is there a firmware update in the works or must I send the device back at last? It surely is a defect when so people notice this problem and frustrating when no solution is available after months of complaints. Does DJI suggest something to fix this apparent issue in post production? Could there be a tool to smooth out the luma/chroma jumps every 60 frames? If you are still unaware of this simply check the scopes in DaVinci Resolve

Have you tried rendering your footage with Davinci Resolve deflicker (openFX in color tab) That might solve the issue.

DJI Tony replied here You may want to read this & understand the issue in more detail
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =248402&pid=2542170
2022-3-3
Use props
poptravel
lvl.2
Germany

Ranjan Posted at 3-3 04:33
Have you tried rendering your footage with Davinci Resolve deflicker (openFX in color tab) That might solve the issue.

DJI Tony replied here You may want to read this & understand the issue in more detail

Deflicker does not work due to the long duration between these darker keyframes. The Deflicker plugin is also computationally too expensive with motion estimates as render rates drop to 8 x realtime and more. So a 2h video would let my RTX3060 laptop runs 16hours which is not sustainable.

I'm using the Resolve Color Stabilizer for now with "Entire Frame" Analysis by just stabilizing mode "Balance, Brightness" -> "Gain" at around 0.5 for Rec.709. This creates some other issues in darker scenes though. Still, a firmware update would be highly appreciated - also a LUT that gets the Pocket 2 to the same colors as the way better color science of the Pocket 1
2022-3-3
Use props
VSauvage
New

Canada

Upvoting for a fix. I have the same issue whatever settings I tried.
2022-5-2
Use props
felyxorez
lvl.1
Flight distance : 140069 ft
Switzerland

Hello guys, what's the situation on this?
My Pocket 2 (the newest Firmware) experiences this when filming at 4k24 or 4k30 fps (with 1/50th and 1/60s shutter respectively with ND filters), yet not at 4k60—here isn't (or barely?) visible.
24fps
30fps
60fps

I used a Pgytech vardiable ND filter. It also happens with locked ISO instead of variable ISO. You can find it on youtube on my chanel Felix' Video Workshop, Playlist DJI Test.
Edit: But this issue realy confuses me. If I watch the same clips I shared on youtube on my external screen, they flicker, except for the 60fps.
On my macbooks screen, they all flicker much. On my TV (1080p), only the 24fps one seems to flicker a bit, the other ones seems fine?
Weird.
2022-6-17
Use props
poptravel
lvl.2
Romania

felyxorez Posted at 6-17 03:16
Hello guys, what's the situation on this?
My Pocket 2 (the newest Firmware) experiences this when filming at 4k24 or 4k30 fps (with 1/50th and 1/60s shutter respectively with ND filters), yet not at 4k60—here isn't (or barely?) visible.
24fps

There is no resolution of this bug. It's annoying that DJI doesn't provide an update for this obvious product fault. The Pocket 2 isn't exactly cheap yet they seemed to have abandoned development. Overall with the worse color science and bugs it appears that the manager of the Pocket 1 product wasn't the same as with the Pocket 2.

The reason why you see different flicker intensity may be the different software players. On TVs there is sometimes motion compensation and other "enhancing" video algorithms running that may filter flickering out somewhat. YouTube compresses also video to low bandwidth and could compress large luma changes away. I found H.265 compression to smooth out some of the worse noise away of the Pocket 2.

Overall I'm disappointed in DJIs recent changes in product support. The Pocket 1 received great firmware enhancements and I bought 4 of them over the years. Since the Pocket 2 it's all downhill with fake 4K60, keyframe flickering, overheating, unusable HDR, .lrf spam files and no firmware update addressing these issues.
2022-8-25
Use props
frust
lvl.1

Germany

Hello, I have the same problem.
I sent my OP to be repaired
and got a new case.
The flickering is still there, very annoying.
No help. The camera is bad.
This is not acceptable.
In Davinci Resolve you can clearly see the pulsing.
You can see the error in the picture.
DJI probably doesn't care?
Then I send the camera back.

Link Video:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_2KW7dWvaa_1HINWw8qVdw

2022-12-30
Use props
frust
lvl.1

Germany

A video to flicker. A video with the problem and
Display in Davinci Resolve histogram