Phantom out of control
1137 5 2015-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Riportair
lvl.1

France

Yesterday, as soon as I took of I had an issue.
when the bird was at around 10 meters hight, it make 2 larges circles it self around 15 meters.
I was afraid, no control was possible. I pushed on rth and it came back close to home aera.
I need to identify the root cause of the issue. Im afraid that it may come again.
I had some GPS message error before the launch, solved be power off powr on.
How I can analyse the trouble ?
Thanks for your support

2015-7-5
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

You need to calibrate everything.

1. Take it inside on a very flat and level surface and to the IMU calibration.
2. When you are ready to fly do a compass calibration in an are free of any metal objects.

It sounds like your Phantom had a compass error.
2015-7-5
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

In addition to those calibrations, it would also be a good idea to calibrate the remote controller if you've never done it.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)

2015-7-5
Use props
Paniza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1411801 ft
Canada

I had a similar problem the last time I updated.

I all went back to normal after calibrating IMU and gimbal twice.

Please make sure the bird is in a level surface went calibrating. If did my indoors to avoid wind, heat and all.

Thanks,

Marcelo
BuyDJI.ca
2015-7-5
Use props
alvaroffdelamo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 165551 ft
Spain

I just had a similar issue. After taking off it started flying out of control, making circules and gaigning altitude until I pressed GoHome button.

In the picture you can see its movement. Red circule indicates when did I pressed GoHome button, and you can see even after doing so it still made a bigger circle before coming back. It landed safely.

Compass was calibrated and it had always flown correctly until now.
After this auto-landing, I flew it again and this time was OK but I realized Pilot App was not displaying altitude correctly, and image was frozen.

I then made a third flight, switching the mobile device and this time it just worked fine.

Can it be an issue of compatibility with the mobile device? It was a Nexus 5 with latest android version in both cases.

I would appreciate some sort of enlighting on this. Thanks!

2015-7-5
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

alvaroffdelamo@ Posted at 2015-7-6 02:44
I just had a similar issue. After taking off it started flying out of control, making circules and g ...

I Had this issue the other day when i attempted to take off of a concrete pad. When i fired up the bird, i got a compass error and remembered all the rebar in concrete.  I moved the drone but did not turn it off. When i lifted off from a grassy area, it started to do small circles in the toilet bowl effect so i set it back down. I turned it off and restarted and everything was fine again. It seems if you get a compass error, the issue can remain unless you 'reboot' the drone.  
2015-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules