DJI Flight Simulator Inspire 1 Controller not working
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
robertmanningjr
lvl.2
United States

The DJI Flight simulator suddenly stopped working with my Inspire 1 Controller.  Everything always worked well before and I'm on the same simulator version (as it hasn't been updated for a long time).

I'm wondering if a Windows software update has caused the problem.  I've tried both controllers and two different USB cables.  My computer, that has always worked, recognizes the controller when I plug it in to the USB port, but the simulator application does not recognize the controller.

Is anyone else experiencing this?  Any help is appreciated.

Rob
2021-1-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, robertmanningjr. Thanks for reaching out! We're sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. We recommend checking whether your Windows Defender Firewall has disabled or unlisted the DJI Flight Simulator. Should the same problem persists, it is suggested to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Flight Simulator then test it again.  
2021-1-17
Use props
robertmanningjr
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-17 05:44
Hi, robertmanningjr. Thanks for reaching out! We're sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. We recommend checking whether your Windows Defender Firewall has disabled or unlisted the DJI Flight Simulator. Should the same problem persists, it is suggested to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Flight Simulator then test it again.

Tried all of that.  No firewall conflicts.  Removed and installed the DJI Flight Simulator and still no controller response.  There is definitely a problem/conflict with the recent Windows 10 update.

Please advise.

I would love others to see if they are having the same problem with an Inspire 1 remote.

Again, everything was working fine before this.

Rob
2021-1-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

robertmanningjr Posted at 1-17 13:41
Tried all of that.  No firewall conflicts.  Removed and installed the DJI Flight Simulator and still no controller response.  There is definitely a problem/conflict with the recent Windows 10 update.

Please advise.

Do you recall what specific update have you performed in your Windows system? Please let us know also what Windows OS you're using, its corresponding edition (i.e Windows 10 Pro), version, and the OS build.
2021-1-17
Use props
robertmanningjr
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-17 23:59
Do you recall what specific update have you performed in your Windows system? Please let us know also what Windows OS you're using, its corresponding edition (i.e Windows 10 Pro), version, and the OS build.

Windows 10 Pro version 2004, OS Build 19041.746, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0
Last Update:  2021-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems (KB4598242)
Successfully installed on ‎1/‎15/‎2021
2021-1-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

robertmanningjr Posted at 1-19 19:44
Windows 10 Pro version 2004, OS Build 19041.746, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0
Last Update:  2021-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems (KB4598242)
Successfully installed on ‎1/‎15/‎2021

Thanks for the prompt response. We'll have this check on our end. Should there be any update, we'll let you know.
2021-1-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

robertmanningjr Posted at 1-19 19:44
Successfully installed on ‎1/‎15/‎2021

Hi, please check whether this would work. Close the DJI Flight Simulator, power off the remote controller, unplug the USB cable and insert it again, turn on the remote controller and install the remote controller driver (default address: C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\DJIFlightSimulator\dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe). Launch the simulator again and check whether the issue is fixed.

If the same problem persists, please send us a photo of how you connect it to your PC and what USB ports you have tried so far. Please also link the remote to your aircraft then check whether it is working properly and with no error.
2021-1-23
Use props
robertmanningjr
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-23 02:34
Hi, please check whether this would work. Close the DJI Flight Simulator, power off the remote controller, unplug the USB cable and insert it again, turn on the remote controller and install the remote controller driver (default address: C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\DJIFlightSimulator\dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe). Launch the simulator again and check whether the issue is fixed.

If the same problem persists, please send us a photo of how you connect it to your PC and what USB ports you have tried so far. Please also link the remote to your aircraft then check whether it is working properly and with no error.

I tried this and now my computer is bricked.  Thank you.
2021-1-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

robertmanningjr Posted at 1-23 13:19
I tried this and now my computer is bricked.  Thank you.

What seems to happen after installing the remote controller driver?
2021-1-24
Use props
robertmanningjr
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-24 02:58
What seems to happen after installing the remote controller driver?

My computer has stopped working after performing your suggestion. I will let you know when the operating system is reinstalled, but please do not suggest that fix to anyone else.

I’m even having major problems reinstalling the OS.
2021-1-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

robertmanningjr Posted at 1-24 11:42
My computer has stopped working after performing your suggestion. I will let you know when the operating system is reinstalled, but please do not suggest that fix to anyone else.

I’m even having major problems reinstalling the OS.

Our apologies if that causes sudden disruption. Please keep us updated again regarding your concern.
2021-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules