Brand new Osmo Mobile 3 can not connect to bluetooth on iPhone XR
1199 5 2021-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jdslay
New

United States

I have a brand new, charged Osmo Mobile 3. I've been trying to get it to show up in my iPhone XR's bluetooth menu for an hour with no luck.

I have tried the following:
Rebooting iPhone
Turning off/on the Osmo
Resetting Osmo Bluetooth (trigger, M, Rec buttons)
Using airplane mode on iPhone
Turning off other local bluetooth devices/moving to another room

The Osmo has never appeared as an option in the settinges/bluetooth menu as a selectable device. Using the DJI Mimo app/device menu/device connection only searches and searches and gives me a message the "DJI Device Not Found".

Is this an Osmo hardware or Mimo software issue? My phone works fine - no issues with multiple bluetooth devices. Maybe the Osmo is defective?

Any help or guidance to troubleshoot is most apprecaited. Thanks
2021-1-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, jdslay. Thanks for reaching out! Our apologies to read about the problem you're experiencing. If you have not tried, your other option is to perform a Network Reset on your iOS device by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Please be noted that this also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.
2021-1-17
Use props
jdslay
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-17 03:00
Hi, jdslay. Thanks for reaching out! Our apologies to read about the problem you're experiencing. If you have not tried, your other option is to perform a Network Reset on your iOS device by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Please be noted that this also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

That did not work. At this point, I am assuming the device is defective. Regardless, what a piece of junk. I will seriously think twice about buying DJI products after this. I’ve never had a piece of tech/photo gear/etc not work like this out of the box.
2021-1-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

jdslay Posted at 1-17 04:35
That did not work. At this point, I am assuming the device is defective. Regardless, what a piece of junk. I will seriously think twice about buying DJI products after this. I’ve never had a piece of tech/photo gear/etc not work like this out of the box.

That's unfortunate to know. If you do have another phone to test in order to confirm the issue, that would be much appreciated. Otherwise, we suggest contacting our Customer Support to assist you to open a ticket.
2021-1-17
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Hello update the app via the Dji site: https://www.dji.com/fr/mobile/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo or Try to activate the location.
2021-1-20
Use props
Asmith0121
lvl.1

India

I tried many solutions online , but finally solved it by turning off/on the Bluetooth. https://thegeekpage.com/cannot-find-bluetooth-devices-on-iphone-try-these-fixes/
2023-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules