DJI Mini 2 not connecting with controller
1602 2 2021-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DronePerspectiv
lvl.2
Netherlands

After a few weeks of not flying, I wanted to shoot some beautiful snow images. Unfortunately the communication between controller and mini 2 would not start. Start-up procedure was normal and rear led kept flashing yellow. When I wanted to switch off the mini 2 it turned out that this was no longer possible. Had to remove battery to turn off. Tried different battery, phone and controller rebooted but no results. In the meantime I had gotten quite frustrated and then thought let me try booting again without memory card. Then a big smile appeared on my face, everything worked normally again.

The memory card works fine in Windows 10 and shows all files neatly. It now appears that there are certain requirements for the file names on the card, because I had added text to the default file name. Had e.g. DJI_0345.MP4 changed to DJI_0345 WITH EXPLANATION OF WHAT I HAD INCLUDED IN THIS VIDEO.MP4.

Apparently the Mini 2 cannot handle long file names. Had already added 5 characters a few times and this worked without problems. Hopefully I can save others the frustration with this shared experience.

@DJI this could be additionally mentioned in the manual with the requirements for the memory card.

2021-1-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing. .
2021-1-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DronePerspectiv. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you before and thank you for sharing these information and your experience about this matter. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for further evaluation. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules