Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
APPLE iPad 8 (2020), 10.2" with Mavic Air 2 ?
3196 8 2021-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FB: GeoDrone4K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Hello to all,

Anyone have this configuration? It is working ? Need to take a small tablet for drone and until now I was only on android.

Thanks.
2021-1-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there FB: GeoDrone4K. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who have the DJI Mavic Air 2 and are using the iPad 8 ( 2020 ), 10.2" when flying the said DJI Drone. Just a reminder that DJI recommends using a recommended mobile device when operating the DJI Mavic Air 2 for compatibility and reliability for both the said DJI Drone and for the DJI Fly application.. For reference, I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

2021-1-17
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-17 19:17
Hello there FB: GeoDrone4K. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who have the DJI Mavic Air 2 and are using the iPad 8 ( 2020 ), 10.2" when flying the said DJI Drone. Just a reminder that DJI recommends using a recommended mobile device when operating the DJI Mavic Air 2 for compatibility and reliability for both the said DJI Drone and for the DJI Fly application.. For reference, I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hello Stephen,
   If I look at the list of IOS supported, you lack IPad 8 2020, so your reply related to compatible products is fine but not a solver...
   In my opinion DJI testing department should be far more responsive to new tech that appears, instead of presenting a list of 10-20 supported versions...
   Or, as some other companies does, provide support for individual Beta testers taken from this forum (Captain users and so on) in order to achieve faster way to populate that compatibility chart.

Thank you for your time.
2021-1-18
Use props
RobZilla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use an iPad Air 3rd gen which uses the same CPU and similar specs, no issue with the MA2. Highly advise you update to latest iOS 14.x.

Also if you don't have one already, you'll need a tablet holder and longer lightning to USB-C cable.  Plenty of threads on recommended tablet holders, its a personal and budget issue so take your time on what your needs are.

Good luck and have fun flying!
2021-1-18
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Tks for info. I already have a holder...
2021-1-18
Use props
LoveYou
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 1-18 08:15
Tks for info. I already have a holder...

Hi, you get it? work?
2021-5-31
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

LoveYou Posted at 5-31 03:26
Hi, you get it? work?

Yes, works just fine.
2021-6-1
Use props
Jennifer Graham
New

Canada

Can someone please help me?!
1. Can a Mavic Air 2 work with an iPad 8 gen? Y/N
2. Which app are you using?
3. Why won't the controller connect to the device?

Both the drone and the iPad are BRAND NEW.  Opened the box and nothing will connect.
Very frustrating!
2021-7-15
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

1. Yes, but I prefer Huawei Mediapad T5 with 4Gb RAM...is better and not heating up.
2. DJI FLY
3. Check the cable, if is not original will not work. Try the cable that came with controller, without putting IPad in support (just leave it next to remote). Also re-pair the remote and drone. A lot of lighting cables for Apple are counterfeit or just very poor.
Cheers.
2021-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules