616 3 2021-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Danieljpgs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68461 ft
Belgium

Guys,

I'm totally a beginner with drones. Just acquired a mini a couple of weeks ago and I get always this awfull effect (see video attached).
What should I do to get rid of it?
This was shot in 4k, 25 fps with a SD Extreme 128 gb, v30 XC1, U3 40 (the card was bought with the drone on the DJI webshop together with the drone, as recommended by dji)

https://vimeo.com/501457552

2021-1-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Without posting your settings its hard to tell but it looks to me like your shutter speed is too fast and you need a ND filter to slow it down.
2021-1-18
Use props
Danieljpgs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68461 ft
Belgium

Indeed, sorry for that.

All auto: shutter speed and exposure in auto.
4k 25 fps.
Is it recommended then to use always manual in order to keep the 2x fps rule on shutter speed no?

Funny fact is, after editing and doing some color correction on DavinciResolve the moire seems to be gone: https://vimeo.com/501535030

thanks
Daniel
2021-1-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Daniel. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. To reduce moiré pattern kindly please follow the steps below. I hope that these information can help you as well. Thank you.
1. Change the camera angle as the angle of the camera to the object may cause a moiré pattern.
2. Change the camera position: Move the camera to the left and right or up and down.
3. Change the focus. Excessively sharp focus and high detail on the detailed pattern can lead to a moiré pattern, and a slight change in focus can change the sharpness, which in turn helps eliminate moiré.
4. Change the lens focal length.
5. Eliminate the moiré that appears in the final image with image processing software (we don't recommend third-party software).
6. It is impossible to eliminate all the moiré in any situation. For different environments and angles, different settings and methods are needed to reduce or eliminate.

2021-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules