Need some help File Corrupt!
843 5 2015-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kindasketch
lvl.2

United States

I recorded some stuff last night for the 4th of July for a job and boom files are corrupted... Please if anyone has experience or has been through this shoot me an email.

brocam@yahoo.com

I'm willing to pay for help if its a little complex.  

2015-7-5
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you forgot to stop recording and turned off the Inspire ! that would cause the file to be corrupted.  Some say that all you need to do is to put the SD chip back in the camera (with the corrupted file) turn on the remote and connect to the Inspire. Start recording and then stop recording. Shut down the Inspire and remote. Remove the SD chip and check it again on your computer. This should correct the file

Rich
2015-7-5
Use props
doctrrf
lvl.3

United States

If you're still having problems try this:

1). Connect the Inspire camera with (mem-stick installed) to your computer USB port via USB cable. *The Inspire is not powered-on yet.*

2). Power on the controller and bring up the Pilot app as you normally would.

3). Power on the Inspire. The camera should now appear as a external drive on your computer. (*Note: gimbal should auto-disable with USB connected)

4). Download the files of interest to your computer and see if the transferred files are useable.

2015-7-5
Use props
BeenThere
lvl.1

United States

I have powered off the Inspire before stopping record before and the result is a corrupt file.

Each time this happened I had success by putting the SD card in the camera mounted to the Inspire, and then power up Inspire as you normally would. Give it a minute or so then power down. In each case this worked for me. The corrupt file is properly closed and works as expected.

2015-7-5
Use props
GravityStorm
lvl.1

United States

I see you are on a Mac. I had a similar issue and switched the video format to MP4 and have been ok since. Edit: sorry, I know this doesn't help with getting to your files from the 4th. Have you had this issue previously?  I can experiment on my Mac to see if I can open Mov with QuickTime.  might need a plug in.  
2015-7-5
Use props
kindasketch
lvl.2

United States

Still nothing but I have someone helping me at DJI.

Does anyone have any good experience using repair software?
2015-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules