Phantom 3 Battery DOA
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
woundedgoat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I just recieved a replacent Phantom 3 Profesional after my first one just suddenly dropped into the Indian Ocean.

I purchased the P3P with the extra battery, this didnt come with the first shipment and was posted out a few weeks later, obviously I didnt have the chance to use the 2nd battery until now.

Well I tried to charge it and it is not doing anything, I press the button and nothing happens.

I guess I will have to send it back for a relacement, but where I purchased doesnt have stock so I guess I will be waiting a while.

Does anyone have anything I could try to get it working? I have plugged it into the charger and nothing happens, charger works fine as it has no issues with my other battery.

Also while I am posting, I take it a battery gets wet than that is the end? My orginal battery was involved in the nosedive into the Ocean.
2015-7-5
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Do you have a lithium ion battery like an 18650? If so, you can make a jumper wire to connect the battery positive contacts to positive and negative to negative contacts.

The issue is that lithium batteries have a pcb that protects from operations with a low voltage. The pcb needs to be reset. Jumping the battery with a good battery will in most cases fix the problem.

As for the battery that went for a swim, fresh water you have a chance of fixing the problem, salt water, chances are its junk.
2015-7-5
Use props
PhantomRider
lvl.1

Italy

Just one simple advice for the new "faulty" battery.... connect it to the charger...and leave it few minutes.
It happens to me that after few minutes... battery starts charging and LEDs blinking...

Also, another try you can do is.... load the battery in the P3... try to turn it on once inserted.
Then remove it and try to charge it. See if after few minutes starts charging...

Good luck!
2015-7-5
Use props
woundedgoat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for the advice guys, unfortunately there was no life in it. I sent it back today and hopefully Heliguy will get me a replacement ASAP.
2015-7-6
Use props
venomx15301
lvl.3

United States

After watching videos about LiPo batteries on youtube, I wouldn't go near one that has gotten wet.
2015-7-7
Use props
fans3b4339ee
New

United Arab Emirates

I have dji phantom 3 standard . And the battery is totally dead i am pretty sure.  Well i can use a booster to boost the battery but i am not sure of the positive and negative sections so i can place the booster wires correctly to boost the battery . So any one can help me with it . Or else i will blow up my self with the battery
2019-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules