MINI II RID question
2855 12 2021-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Astro Bob
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9616 ft
United States

I know that under the new ruies  the MINI II being under the 250 Gram limit and not flown commercially does not need RID at this time. I do have mine regestered with FAA but curious if the RID that appears to built in to the MINI II would meet the FAA requirements IF they finally mandate it for the sub 250 gram drones.
For those who question why I registered mine...I want to show that I am a responsible drone operator. Frankly....those who flaunt the FAA rules are making the FAA more likely to implement more restrictive rules and could make it so strict that it would kill the hobby.
2021-1-17
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

unfortunately your sentiments are severely misguided.  what you "think" you did for the faa is completely meaningless to them.

OPINION:  drone registration only has one redeeming purpose of value to the faa:  future confiscation

remote ID will be the final piece of the process to make it a realistic possibility.
2021-1-17
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

OPINION:  drone registration only has one redeeming purpose of value to the faa:  future confiscation

Or keep you legal when you add some weight - for example lights for night flight.
2021-1-17
Use props
Astro Bob
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9616 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 1-17 20:15
unfortunately your sentiments are severely misguided.  what you "think" you did for the faa is completely meaningless to them.

OPINION:  drone registration only has one redeeming purpose of value to the faa:  future confiscation

Must be a nefarious plot to take away our drones.....probably a good idea to not register your car, get a fishing license, hunting license, etc.  I guess best is to just ignore all laws and take your chances....and than be upset when the hobby goes away.
2021-1-18
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

The technical standards for RID haven’t been set yet, so we don’t know for sure. Some DJI representatives have indicated most of their drones will just require a firmware update to comply.  But nobody really knows for sure at this point.  Keep in mind, it really doesn’t matter for more than 2.5 years.  A lot can happen in that time.
2021-1-18
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

Every time I see this subject I keep getting confused.     All I want to do is add a legal strobe but that goes over the 249 g limit.   So I pretty much understand the part 107 for professional and videos.  
   Now what’s the difference between.  
Registration
Regresttration
Planning on second drone so if registored is needed do I use the same number on both.
RID.. what is this.
Please keep it simple and short.         Which one do I need to do.
Sorry for the confusion.
Doug
2021-1-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donut Posted at 1-18 15:25
Every time I see this subject I keep getting confused.     All I want to do is add a legal strobe but that goes over the 249 g limit.   So I pretty much understand the part 107 for professional and videos.  
   Now what’s the difference between.  
Registration

if you are a recreational non-107 non-commercial drone pilot (meaning you fly your drone strictly for fun), you only need to visit the faa website one time for the purposes of registration.  you will register yourself as a drone pilot and receive a registration number.  please note you do NOT provide the serial number of your drone.  please place the registration number on your first drone and each and every drone you own going forward.  if one of the drones you own is less than 250g, applying the registration number is optional so feel free to apply the sticker or not.  for example, you could own a fleet of recreational drones and three of them have stickers and two of them do not, simply based on the weight of the drone and nothing else.  however, all 5 of those drones must operate here in the usa under the same exact rules.  it's the same sticker with the same number for every drone you own.

RID is the abbreviation for remote identification or remote ID and since it does not become effective for the next 2 or 3 years, at this point not much to worry about.
2021-1-18
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 1-18 16:08
if you are a recreational non-107 non-commercial drone pilot (meaning you fly your drone strictly for fun), you only need to visit the faa website one time for the purposes of registration.  you will register yourself as a drone pilot and receive a registration number.  please note you do NOT provide the serial number of your drone.  please place the registration number on your first drone and each and every drone you own going forward.  if one of the drones you own is less than 250g, applying the registration number is optional so feel free to apply the sticker or not.  for example, you could own a fleet of recreational drones and three of them have stickers and two of them do not, simply based on the weight of the drone and nothing else.  however, all 5 of those drones must operate here in the usa under the same exact rules.  it's the same sticker with the same number for every drone you own.

RID is the abbreviation for remote identification or remote ID and since it does not become effective for the next 2 or 3 years, at this point not much to worry about.

Thanks you that helped a lot.
So to add a legal strobe light all I need is the recreational with the number on each drone that exceeds the  249g.
This me you  
2021-1-19
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donut Posted at 1-19 00:09
Thanks you that helped a lot.
So to add a legal strobe light all I need is the recreational with the number on each drone that exceeds the  249g.
This me you

correct.  when you add the strobe, add the sticker as well.
2021-1-19
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

Good perspective!
2021-1-19
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Portugal

The Saint Posted at 1-17 20:15

OPINION:  drone registration only has one redeeming purpose of value to the faa:  future confiscation

2021-1-19
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Portugal

K6CCC Posted at 1-17 21:24

Or keep you legal when you add some weight - for example lights for night flight.

2021-1-19
Use props
djiuser_LSA2v8XVnCFw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

Just registering your drone doesn’t make you a responsible operator...How you fly the drone does...While all my drones are registered even my mini 2 . That doesn’t change how I fly. I try to be respectful or the rules and ppl. But I’m not perfect
2021-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules