DJI Greed!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
war550
lvl.3
Flight distance : 564190 ft
  • >>>
United States

First let start by saying that I am a long time DJI supporter and have owned a total of 4 different Phantom models (Phantom 1, FC 40, Vision Plus and Phantom 3 Pro). Like many others, I recently placed an order for the Phantom 3 hard shell backpack which the website now states will ship in 10 to 15 days after payment is confirmed. Well I ordered on June 5, 2015 and the payment was confirmed the next day. Here we are exactly one month after the order was placed and the money was deducted from my account and the shipping status has not changed.  I  e-mailed DJI about the status of the order when I noticed  other forum members had received their backpacks after placing their order on or after June 5th.  I have yet to receive a response. The fact that the item hasn't shipped would lead me to believe that the item is not available but let's see about that!     

I have received a total of 3 e-mails in a 3 week span from DJI Innovations (via Ebay) that the backpacks  "are in stock" and can be delivered by July 13th. (one week)
Why does DJI continue to rake in the cash with the promise of a timely delivery when they have customers who have been waiting for 1 month or more for this backpack?
Not a good business model in my opinion but then again there's no real competition YET!  Waiting for your replacement DjI !

Order

Order

Ebay

Ebay
2015-7-5
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mine took a tad over 3 working weeks ( 18 working days ) to ship.. This is normal and clearly stated on their website. The key point here is "working days" i.e Monday to Friday excluding holidays.

You can now buy the official DJI Hardshell Backpack
Remember to buy extra propellers and one or two spare batteries to keep you flying
www.Phantom-Guide.co.uk - The Ultimate Phantom 3 Resource

2015-7-5
Use props
Zman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256362 ft
United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-7-6 03:39
Mine took a tad over 4 working weeks ( 18 working days ) to ship.. This is normal and clearly stated ...

I was in the same situation as you and I received an email reply from DJI about two weeks ago telling me the backpack would ship late June or early July. Received shipping notice Friday and tracking number stating Fedex will deliver Wednesday morning by 10:30am from China. I'm sure you will get a shipping notice in the next week. I had ordered mine in middle of May
2015-7-5
Use props
war550
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-7-6 03:39
Mine took a tad over 4 working weeks ( 18 working days ) to ship.. This is normal and clearly stated ...

Sploodge did you even read the post? I ordered mine on the same day you ordered yours. You have already received your backpack, mine is still pending. Please take the time to read before running to DJI's rescue.   What's stated on the website is 10 to 15 working days but when I placed my order, it was actually 5 to 7 working days.
The whole point of the post was, people are being misled into thinking that they can have one of these backpacks in hand in one weeks time. The reality is, there are customers who have been waiting for over a month already and haven't received a thing.
And please make up your mind. Here you said that yours shipped in 15 working days. Either way, my order was placed on the same day as yours. You are a recipient i.e Happy customer, I'm still waiting with no delivery date !

sploodge

sploodge
2015-7-5
Use props
war550
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Zman Posted at 2015-7-6 03:56
I was in the same situation as you and I received an email reply from DJI about two weeks ago tell ...

Thanks Zman, that's good to know. I guess DJI does not ship on a first come first serve basis, it's  whomever they get to first. If you ordered in May, and still haven't received your's that pretty sad, especially when some orders that where  placed on June 5th have already been filled.  Again, thanks
2015-7-5
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Not sure it's greed but incompetence and poor cash flow.  I also ordered on June 5th, 2015. Sploodge and I had a wager if DJI was going to meet the 5-7 working day delivery. I bet no and was correct.

My case was received last Monday, well past the 5-7 day from payment confirmation date. The box sits unopened.

While waiting for delivery well past the promised date, I purchased a Nanuk 945DJI case. On the  plus side, the dealer shipped the same day as purchased.  Fit and finish is top notch. It's not a back pack, but it's got wheels, you can keep the props on if desired, and fits into one of my Lowe Alpine back packs if needed.

I'm surprised that PayPal hasn't gotten more involved in holding funds in an escrow type account due to the lengthy delivery times.

War550, that would be a correct assumption as I've seen people order various back ordered items only to be told DJI didn't have a firm delivery date, yet others that ordered later received their delivery before others that were waiting.
2015-7-5
Use props
PhantomRider
lvl.1

Italy

war550...personally I don't even spent anymore time complaining about DJI store delivery promises...
There are many DJI Dealers stores who can ship the Phantom 3 hard shell backpack in 3 days! I got one myself here in EU...!

gregg1r ... nice products Nanuk! They did something clever too... adding the extra camera gimbal protection on the bottom side... love it!
Are you able to insert also an Ipad or just a mini tablet inside?

Cheers!
2015-7-5
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

PhantomRider Posted at 2015-7-6 06:38
war550...personally I don't even spent anymore time complaining about DJI store delivery promises... ...

I'm using the Mini 3 and have a place to store inside the case. Also, you can store 6 batteries plus the one in the Phantom. Well, that's if you have enough money left over for 5-6 batteries.

Like  the looks of the DJI case, but the Nanuk is a better made case and will protect your investment in the Phantom 3.
2015-7-5
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

I really don't understand the titles of some of these posts!

I had a battery on order since May 15 - that's 7 weeks. I sensed something was wrong so I inquired about the order.

Sure enough, their ordering and fulfillment system is/was FUBAR and after they looked into it, they shipped the battery and props.

Contrary to your beliefs, DJI is not sitting in China rubbing their hands together and figuring out how they can greedily take your money. If that was true they would have priced the P3 at $1200 for the Advanced and $1500 for the pro - we'll all have bought them anyway.

You should give people the benefit of the doubt and have some understanding that this is the first time in history that this volume of quadcopters had sold...this type of demand often results in problems in fulfillment.

It's never as simple as first come, first served because DJI has to keep dealers, distributors, various countries, Amazon and other entities happy. What they are trying to do is dole out the stuff so some of it goes everywhere. Sure, I would rather have gotten my battery right away but I'm not the only person on the planet!
2015-7-5
Use props
war550
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Droneflyers.com, thanks for your thoughtful input but it sounds as if you're on somebody's payroll. While I agree that the title of the post could have been different, the principal is the same. Like yourself I have inquired about the order and still have not gotten a reply. It was DJI who promised to ship in 5 to 7 working days after payment not me, and 30 calendar days later still no update. I understand the whole problems in fulfillment thing, it's the lack of communication that get's me. Maybe that's acceptable for someone like yourself but I'm a "by the book"  type of person, either ship it in 5 to 7 like you promised or at least give me a reason why it didn't  ship. Online ordering systems automatically sorts orders by date and time, it doesn't get any easier than that so yes first come, first serve is a very realistic expectation.
Benefit of the doubt you say? for a company that #1 has my money, #2 hasn't shipped when promised, #3  won't reply to my emails? Are you insane or on their payroll?
There is no doubt that I will eventually receive the item but people like you need to stop making it alright for companies to conduct sub-standard business. Stand for something or continue to fall for anything!
2015-7-5
Use props
DJI Store
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, war 550, sorry for the waiting time. May I know your order number so that I can ask our online sales support to check it for you?  
2015-7-6
Use props
war550
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Store Posted at 2015-7-6 18:19
Hi, war 550, sorry for the waiting time. May I know your order number so that I can ask our online s ...

DJI order #001123943414. Thanks
2015-7-6
Use props
Zman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256362 ft
United States

Update on my backpack order. It arrived yesterday morning via FedEx. Two days earlier than originally listed for the shipment.
2015-7-7
Use props
DJI Store
DJI team

China

war550@yahoo.co Posted at 2015-7-6 19:27
DJI order #001123943414. Thanks

Hi, war550, you will get order update with FedEx tracking tomorrow. We sincerely apologize for the long waiting time.
2015-7-8
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

war550@yahoo.co Posted at 2015-7-6 11:35
Droneflyers.com, thanks for your thoughtful input but it sounds as if you're on somebody's payroll.  ...

Not insane nor on their payroll.

Not a 'by the book" type of person, rather "flexible" type.
I do understand that some folks are different....

Also, being an older gent I am honestly not accustomed to "Amazon" service - which is really a new thing in the last 10 years or so. Not to say I complain about good service - but I take the good with the bad as long as I don't feel a company is deliberately screwing me....

And that's where I had a problem with the title - because it's not their greed, but their deliverance of something which is popular beyond even their expectations, which is causing the problem(s).

I did get my Battery, BTW.

I'd say that those who are "by the book" are best ordering - when possible - from Amazon and other such places. They sell all the DJI stuff and provide a higher level of service than is possible direct. That's friendly advice - not a answer to DJI's backorders or lack of communication.
2015-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules