7035 24 2021-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
S.T.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1392575 ft
Greece

Dji banned from Google ?
- New Dji Fly 1.2.2 its only available from DJi site.
- My Osmo Pocket works with DJI MIMO in version 1.5.4 and I accidentally discovered that the Samsung Store has the version 1.5.8 and the DJi site, the version 1.5.10, but only with direct download, no Google anymore ?
NO ONE HAS OFFICIALLY INFORMED US, what exactly is happening and what we should expect from now on ...

History repeats as with HUAWEI ?

2021-1-18
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

I asked myself the same question... but there's store distribution for iOS.
2021-1-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don't hold your breath waiting on an "official answer" from DJI.  3 different mods would NOT reply to PMs on same question.
2021-1-18
Use props
Pappy3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

I posed asked a simialr question over in the Fly app forum ( No More Fly App Update Notices For Android Users ) where my concern was for those new users who do not frequent the forums to know that there is a new release and will thus just continue to use the outdated Fly v1.2.1 on Google Play. I offered possible solutions - send email (DJI already has your email from activation) or a Fly app notice like the firmware update notices. DJI responded that they are working on a solution.

How many Mini, Mini2, MA2 users use Android devices and out those how many frequent the download page or forums to know there is a new release of the Fly app. Seems to me this will be a snowballing issue (people using an out dated Fly app) for DJI. And I won't get into how these newbies will know how to side load an "apk" from the DJI download page.
2021-1-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, S.T. Thanks for reaching out! We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. The app you are using cannot be updated via Google Play due to technical reasons. In order to ensure that the app can be used normally, we have opened a download channel on DJI's official website. You can visit our website at www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp to download and install the latest APK file to update the app. There is no need to be concerned, as user experience, functions, and privacy protections on apps installed through DJI's official website are still the same as before, so please feel free to use them. We also would like to remind you that you should only download apps from official channels. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2021-1-19
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-19 00:19
Hi, S.T. Thanks for reaching out! We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. The app you are using cannot be updated via Google Play due to technical reasons. In order to ensure that the app can be used normally, we have opened a download channel on DJI's official website. You can visit our website at www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp to download and install the latest APK file to update the app. There is no need to be concerned, as user experience, functions, and privacy protections on apps installed through DJI's official website are still the same as before, so please feel free to use them. We also would like to remind you that you should only download apps from official channels. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Aloha Gamora,

Mahalo for the useful information.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2021-1-19
Use props
S.T.
lvl.3
Greece

Hi, S.T. Thanks for reaching out! We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. The app you are using cannot be updated via Google Play due to technical reasons. In order to ensure that the app can be used normally, we have opened a download channel on DJI's official website. You can visit our website at www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp to download and install the latest APK file to update the app. There is no need to be concerned, as user experience, functions, and privacy protections on apps installed through DJI's official website are still the same as before, so please feel free to use them. We also would like to remind you that you should only download apps from official channels. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Dear
I know that DJI is a reliable company.
I also know that I can "download" the applications from the DJI site.
But I would like to ask:
- Every application installation outside the Google Store, results in the inability to make updates through the Google Store. Your answer does not specify whether the "technical" problems with Google are temporary and will be resolved or the termination of DJI "cooperation" with Google is final. If the latter is the case, should you recommend users to delete the application from the Google Store and reinstall it through your own site?
2021-1-19
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

This can also be read as "Google has scanned the latest version submitted and rejected it for whatever reason"
2021-1-19
Use props
S.T.
lvl.3
Greece

Peter Galbavy Posted at 1-19 04:32
This can also be read as "Google has scanned the latest version submitted and rejected it for whatever reason"

I do not think so.
I'm afraid it is a result of the "silent" war between China and USA.
2021-1-19
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

S.T. Posted at 1-19 05:33
I do not think so.

what makes you think you will get an accurate reliable definitive answer on this "issue" on a public forum?  i guess it's ok to ask but you sound like dji owes you an answer.  just install the app and fly your drone and let dji worry about how to move forward with their business and properly serve their customers during these volatile times.
2021-1-19
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Czechia

S.T. Posted at 1-19 05:33
I do not think so.

And Google "fights" with DJI while Apple is not?
2021-1-19
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I am guessing that the DJI Fly for Android has Enterprise level requirement that can not be used in the Google Play store.  Enterprise level applications are common and sometimes are a work arounds for developers that have implemented a feature that violates the guidelines.  My guess is that this is a temporary situation and the DJI Fly app future updates will be in the Play Store.
2021-1-19
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

I expirenced the same issues with my Samsung Phone and also with my Osmo Pocket. And more worse, i cannot install the DJI Mimo higher then 1.3.4 on my Samsung Tab A even if i download higher version APK's directly.
2021-1-19
Use props
S.T.
lvl.3
Greece

The Saint Posted at 1-19 07:20
what makes you think you will get an accurate reliable definitive answer on this "issue" on a public forum?  i guess it's ok to ask but you sound like dji owes you an answer.  just install the app and fly your drone and let dji worry about how to move forward with their business and properly serve their customers during these volatile times.

I agree, provided that DJI can immediately notify its customers that there are new software releases (as is the case with Google).
2021-1-20
Use props
S.T.
lvl.3
Greece

virtual Posted at 1-19 09:16
And Google "fights" with DJI while Apple is not?

The observation is correct.
On the other hand, how is it explained that all DJI applications no longer exist in the Google Store?
The future is not good ....
2021-1-20
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Czechia

S.T. Posted at 1-20 03:20
On the other hand, how is it explained that all DJI applications no longer exist in the Google Store?

I have no answer, I asked why in the app update thread as well on Jan 3rd... it is confusing but no explaining answers.
2021-1-20
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

S.T. Posted at 1-20 03:20

maybe it's your country that is the problem

dji apps are available to americans in the google store
2021-1-20
Use props
djiuser_hHwwIMu04TjV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30505 ft
Norway

The Saint Posted at 1-20 06:18

"All" DJI apps are available from the Google Play Store in Europe too - but no apps have been updated since November 2020 - I don't side load apps - especially not Chinese apps - And after the Go4 app controversy - all DJI apps should be scrutinized by security experts.

DJI's lacking communication about this issue is not inspiring trust and confidence.
2021-1-21
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Thanks, Gamora. I just got it.
2021-1-21
Use props
S.T.
lvl.3
Greece

The Saint Posted at 1-20 06:18

You think so.
look which versions are available ...
2021-1-25
Use props
S.T.
lvl.3
Greece

djiuser_hHwwIMu04TjV Posted at 1-21 13:37
"All" DJI apps are available from the Google Play Store in Europe too - but no apps have been updated since November 2020 - I don't side load apps - especially not Chinese apps - And after the Go4 app controversy - all DJI apps should be scrutinized by security experts.

DJI's lacking communication about this issue is not inspiring trust and confidence.

Right !
Besides, when I tried to install the latest version for DJI MIMO I first had to uninstall the same application from the Google Store, otherwise it could not be installed !!!
Thanks DJI !!!
At the moment I am NOT proceeding with the installation of dji FLY 1.2.2 because it will force me to install the newest firmware v01.00.0511, which is both dangerous (RTH) and problematic ....
2021-1-25
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

A new version of the DJI Fly app v1.2.4 was just released for Android.  It still has to be manually installed.  Here is the link https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly.
2021-1-25
Use props
NordicFinn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1888996 ft
Finland

But still not real answers whats going on. "Technical issue" is not answer.
2021-1-28
Use props
dji_MODDER
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Who knows what else they will add in now???

2021-1-28
Use props
S.T.
lvl.3
Greece

I still do not believe.
2 DJI Fly editions in such a short time ...
2 firmware versions also in a short time. (still not for android users ?)
"Technical issue" with Google...
I have a feeling that they are looking for B-testers ..
2021-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules