12Next >
3698 45 2021-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cagatayh
lvl.2
Turkey

Hi all,

On last 2-3 flights i realised some small vertical shaking problems however on last flight it became more obvious.

As you can see in the video, it is vertical and like calibration problem.

Notes: No nd filter attached.
             Gimbal calibration has been completed.
             Last firmware has been installed.
             No windy weather.

What could it be? Is it firmware or hardware problem?

Thanks in advance,
2021-1-18
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

Snow or ice on the props?
2021-1-18
Use props
cagatayh
lvl.2
Turkey

MisterFrag Posted at 1-18 11:55
Snow or ice on the props?

Nope, all clean. Air was clean and clear.
2021-1-18
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640843 ft
Italy

Hi cagatayh, set it in FPV mode and with the drone in you hands, moving it, look if you see some strange movement.
The gimbal also has mems sensors to work. Those small movements could be due to sensors or servo motors.
I don't know if the drone uses only one imu in order to then manage the gimbal motors or if the gimbal has an ad hoc imu.
If the imu is unique, you can at least rule out problems with it. So the problem could be in the servo motors and you should also notice when moving it by hand.

Did the drone take some hits?
2021-1-18
Use props
Limun1985
New

Serbia

I typed in similar post about this problem..
Mine is identical.
Latest firmware, flight temp -6 , no wind, no crashes  etc..

Link to video
youtu.be/oM6l28Q-CAo
2021-1-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there cagatayh. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know if your DJI Mavic Air 2 had a hard landing or a crash before this issue happened? When you are encountering this issue on your DJI Mavic Air 2, did you noticed any error message showing on the DJI Fly application? Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2021-1-18
Use props
cagatayh
lvl.2
Turkey

Raf_IZ0QWM Posted at 1-18 13:07
Hi cagatayh, set it in FPV mode and with the drone in you hands, moving it, look if you see some strange movement.
The gimbal also has mems sensors to work. Those small movements could be due to sensors or servo motors.
I don't know if the drone uses only one imu in order to then manage the gimbal motors or if the gimbal has an ad hoc imu.

Hi, I set it in FPV  mode and tried, there is no strange movement at all.

Last year it got into the bushes due to sensor couldn't see them. There was no demage and no gimbal problem after that.
2021-1-19
Use props
cagatayh
lvl.2
Turkey

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-18 20:05
Hello there cagatayh. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know if your DJI Mavic Air 2 had a hard landing or a crash before this issue happened? When you are encountering this issue on your DJI Mavic Air 2, did you noticed any error message showing on the DJI Fly application? Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Last year it got into the bushes however there was no damage and i used it so many times after that and there is no that gimbal issue.

I started to realized that issue in last 2 months. In the beginnig there was a small of shaking, i didn't care much. I already don't use my mavic regularly, when i use it again yesterday it was like in the video.

There is no error message in DJI Fly App while it's shaking.
2021-1-19
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
Second Officer
Italy

At this point it is something that is degrading. It could very well be the gimbal's pitch motor.
On Internet I found some schematics of a Mavic and I don't think there is any imu dedicated to the gimbal so it's quite simple.
In my opinion if you have the DJI care refresh you can have it replaced without problems.

The problem is likely to occur only when it is very cold.
So at home, while you were moving it in front of your eyes, nothing happened.

2021-1-19
Use props
cagatayh
lvl.2
Turkey

Raf_IZ0QWM Posted at 1-19 04:19
At this point it is something that is degrading. It could very well be the gimbal's pitch motor.
On Internet I found some schematics of a Mavic and I don't think there is any imu dedicated to the gimbal so it's quite simple.
In my opinion if you have the DJI care refresh you can have it replaced without problems.

Unfortunately i don't have DJI care refresh. I just consider the temperate can cause that issue..

Don't know what to do..
2021-1-19
Use props
cagatayh
lvl.2
Turkey

Limun1985 Posted at 1-18 13:45
I typed in similar post about this problem..
Mine is identical.
Latest firmware, flight temp -6 , no wind, no crashes  etc..

Exactly same problem.

It seems like temp. issue.. or it's just the cause i can consider.

Is it is a chronic problem of Mavic Air 2 in low temp?
2021-1-19
Use props
Limun1985
New

Serbia

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-18 20:05
Hello there cagatayh. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know if your DJI Mavic Air 2 had a hard landing or a crash before this issue happened? When you are encountering this issue on your DJI Mavic Air 2, did you noticed any error message showing on the DJI Fly application? Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Can we extract metrics from a drone, and send them for analysis?
2021-1-19
Use props
cagatayh
lvl.2
Turkey

I found another video in the internet which is the test video in low temp.

https://youtu.be/1duRA9OwK4U?t=259
4:20 you can see the exact shacking issue.

4:11 as well..
https://youtu.be/1duRA9OwK4U?t=251

So it is not just for me. It's due to low temp.

So what are we going to do? Am i not going to use my drone in low temp?
2021-1-19
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
Second Officer
Italy

Look at this:
2021-1-19
Use props
cagatayh
lvl.2
Turkey

Raf_IZ0QWM Posted at 1-19 08:20
Look at this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV8Ar2GXMms

Thanks, i will test it out.
I will let my drone 15 mins outdoor and will fly it.

I will share the result here.
2021-1-20
Use props
cagatayh
lvl.2
Turkey

Same problem after letting the drone outside for 20 mins..
2021-1-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

cagatayh Posted at 1-19 03:57
Last year it got into the bushes however there was no damage and i used it so many times after that and there is no that gimbal issue.

I started to realized that issue in last 2 months. In the beginnig there was a small of shaking, i didn't care much. I already don't use my mavic regularly, when i use it again yesterday it was like in the video.

Hi there cagatayh. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have provided. Since there was an incident that happened before. It would be best to contact our DJI Support team at https://www.dji.com/support for us to be able to assist you further. Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for your understanding.
2021-1-20
Use props
Yavuz Demir
lvl.1

Turkey

cagatayh Posted at 1-19 05:54
I found another video in the internet which is the test video in low temp.

https://youtu.be/1duRA9OwK4U?t=259

Kardeş sorunu çözebildin mi, bende de yapıyor sinir bozucu. Ne yaptın ?
2021-1-21
Use props
cagatayh
lvl.2
Turkey

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-20 22:25
Hi there cagatayh. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have provided. Since there was an incident that happened before. It would be best to contact our DJI Support team at https://www.dji.com/support for us to be able to assist you further. Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for your understanding.

After small incident, i used months without any problem..  It's not due to incident..

Same problem nowadays due to low temp.. Please consider it.

Same shaking problems without any incidents:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=233981
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=233951
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=233973
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=226236
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=227777

2021-1-21
Use props
cagatayh
lvl.2
Turkey

Yavuz Demir Posted at 1-21 06:38
Kardeş sorunu çözebildin mi, bende de yapıyor sinir bozucu. Ne yaptın ?

Still no response from DJI and still same issue is being occurred.
2021-1-21
Use props
aL1aL7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2654 ft
Germany

It's really frustrating.

My brand new MA2 had the same issue (no crashes). I wrote Dji support  but got no answer up to now.
I returned  my MA2 and ordered a new one, hopefully without this strange gimbal behavior.

I agree with you, Dji should fix this error asap or should publish a statement at least.
2021-1-21
Use props
cagatayh
lvl.2
Turkey

aL1aL7 Posted at 1-21 11:26
It's really frustrating.

My brand new MA2 had the same issue (no crashes). I wrote Dji support  but got no answer up to now.

Seems like it's not rarely issue, it's common issue. Especially nowadays after latest firmware update...

It's due to firmware issue or chronic hardware issue.

We are not just 1-2 people here facing that issue, DJI need to fix that issue.
2021-1-21
Use props
cagatayh
lvl.2
Turkey

Today temp. is around 13°C and I've tested my drone for 15 mins, there is no shaking issue at all.

I'm quite sure it's related to low temp.

So are not we use that drone in low temp?

DJI needs to say something!
2021-1-24
Use props
Talisman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 843658 ft
United Kingdom

I have the same problem which I've only started to notice since winter, not happy!
2021-1-26
Use props
Vincentp67
New

France

Dear all,
my Mavic air 2 is new, less than 1 hour flying, and i have exactly the same issue. This is not due to the gimball but the drone itself 'hiccups' with the front to the top and back.
The gimball stabilization can't follow because of the too fast motion.
I noticed it also when temperature is below 0°c and by far not below -10°c. This is very annoying. On my side, it occurs every 10sec when -5°c! Very bad for movie during winter.
2021-1-26
Use props
KA00
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1905420 ft
Lithuania

I will share my experience, so after purchasing mavic air 2 I immediately noticed some dead pixels and vertical lines in every photo, okay gave back to my dealer to change it, got another one, this time on first take off i noticed same gimbal shaking issue while accelerating or stopping, again I bring back to the shop to replace it, so... More than 100 days passed since first purchase and i had only test flights... Not nice experience so far, hope third will be defect free else I will have to look for other brand, also looking at cracking issue it doesn't calm me, maybe i should get refund instead of fooling around...
Also if it is because of cold so why there are people who fly in lower than -10C and have zero problems?
2021-1-27
Use props
djiuser_RWZ5KUhFhcYp
lvl.1
United States

Having the same problems, went to the retailer i bought it from and they didnt seem to know much about drones in general unfortunately. I asked to revert the firmware because DJI Assistant wasnt recognizing my Air 2, So he "Factory reset" it, but it still had the latest firmware. After I left i test flighted and luckily had no issues. I only noticed the issue AFTER the first time i updated the firmware, which I told them, they said you couldn't fly it on older firmware, which to my knowledge is incorrect. Hoping to see the issue gone within the next day or so, or im going to have to wait a few weeks on a replacement :/
2021-1-27
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

If a small amount of condensation were to get between the articulation points of the gimble at low temperatures that moisture may free as a combined result of altitude and wind chill.  

This would cause a binding of the gimble movement until the ice formation broke free during the articulation.  Hence, the jerk instead of fluid movement in the gimble rotation.  It makes sense that a small amount of moisture would travel to the joins due to the wind force caused by flying.  It may accumulate in the join as it has no easy path of exit following the principles of force applied to fluid dynamics.  

From personal experience I have found that taking off from a damp area can throw moisture which bounces back onto the drone in the negative airspaces caused by the overlapping of rotor wash and void created by the body.  I had to clean off tiny specs of mud and debris in the past.  The wetter it is the more spray you get.  I assume the same issue would happen in snow or icy locations.
2021-1-27
Use props
fans01d4f09b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435049 ft
Malaysia

I experienced severe vertical shaking, eventually gimbal overload message appeared on screen for my Mavic Air 2 in September last year. In my country there is always warm weather and never even below 20C.

In my case, it eventually became quite bad. I sent my drone for warranty claim and they replaced the gimbal assembly.

2021-1-30
Use props
NordicFinn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1888996 ft
Finland

And you can add me to the line. Exactly same thing.

Latest firmware. No hits, no nothing, clean as babys pud.. Just that wierd vertical pouncing. Well, i got care warranty so i have to use it.
2021-2-3
Use props
maihem.rc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think the Spark had a similar issue for a little while, but it was not that pronounced.  It was a firmware issue.  I have been fortunate in not having that issue on my MA2.
2021-2-3
Use props
The Duck
lvl.4
United States

fans01d4f09b Posted at 1-30 20:22
I experienced severe vertical shaking, eventually gimbal overload message appeared on screen for my Mavic Air 2 in September last year. In my country there is always warm weather and never even below 20C.

In my case, it eventually became quite bad. I sent my drone for warranty claim and they replaced the gimbal assembly.

Hi,

Yes, it's not necessarily freezing cold that causes the problem to happen.  My MA2 had the problem at ~42F/ 5.6C  But I think in some cases the cold makes the problem worse.

I have witnessed two brand new MA2s with this problem.  Seems quite risky to buy one until we know that DJI has sorted this out.

I'm eager to know if DJI fixed your MA2 with a gimbal replacement.
2021-2-3
Use props
cagatayh
lvl.2
Turkey

Today it was 18C and no weird thing happened again. As far as i know, temp. will be low at the end of the week in the place i live like 1C-2C. And I will test it again after latest firmware update then.

I consider at low temp. that shaking problem will be occurred again. Just prescience..
2021-2-8
Use props
NordicFinn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1888996 ft
Finland

Has anyone heard anything from Dji to this issue? My Air 2 is currently basically useless! Is it software malfunction or is it mechanical?
2021-2-11
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I have personally had no gimble problems in 6 months with the Mavic Air 2.  With the exception of very strong winds where both the drone and gimble are buffeted.  

My hypothesis of melted snow/ice getting into the gimble articulation axis and refreezing do to a combination of altitude temperature and wind chill may have errant.  It appears others are having the issue at more enjoyable temperatures.

Has anyone experiencing this issue tried looking in the gimble movement point seams for other debris?  I had a gimble overload from a small fragment of a blade of grass stuck to the side of gimble.
2021-2-11
Use props
fans01d4f09b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435049 ft
Malaysia

The Duck Posted at 2-3 18:37
Hi,

Yes, it's not necessarily freezing cold that causes the problem to happen.  My MA2 had the problem at ~42F/ 5.6C  But I think in some cases the cold makes the problem worse.

not sure are you replying my post or not, because I already stated that DJI / Authorized service center replaced my Gimbal with a new assembly. I know because it came back with the service note and a gimbal that had a QR code on top where my original one did not have one.
2021-2-13
Use props
maccardiolog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 227280 ft
Romania

Hello everybody !  Same issue with mine , posted here : forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=230432#pid2377341 . Now I come with evidence : the LOW temperature is the cause . After spring temperature in January (here in East Europe ) , in which I flew without incident, today I flew again at -1 degree Celsius and the problem reappeared ! Now I make the connection between the low temperature and the behavior of the gimbal Do you have any explanation ? It is HARDWARE , not software , I flew in exact same conditions apart from TEMPERATURE ! What is your opinion , DJI Stephen ? Thank you in advance !
2021-2-13
Use props
SharkWatch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3740089 ft
United States

Theres a known problem with the MA2 gimbal. DJI will replace it for you at no cost.
2021-2-13
Use props
chris.miller
lvl.1

Germany

Hello,

i think i have the similar / same problem with my MA2.

The gimbal jerking always occurs when reducing the speed or when stopping. No matter whether I fly in "Normal" mode or in "Tripod" mode

I have created a video for this where this can be seen.

What is the best thing to do now?

- Contact DJI support - hoping that I will get a free exchange?
- Accept the problem in colder temperatures?

I would be happy to hear from you.

Greetings Chris
2021-2-15
Use props
cagatayh
lvl.2
Turkey

SharkWatch Posted at 2-13 12:48
Theres a known problem with the MA2 gimbal. DJI will replace it for you at no cost.

Nope. Today I talked to DJI support.
This it their answer:

"please go to dji.com and the go to support ,then to online repair request
You can only replace a product , if you purchased it directely in our online Store in the last 14 day
s"

I bought my drone in July 2020 from DJI Turkey Store, so I will contact them.. I really don't know what will happen.
2021-2-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules