1976 5 2021-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PHibon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19875 ft
Belgium

Hello,

Yesterday I was flying my Mavic Pro 2 with an iPad mini 4. The GO 4 app is the latest version and my iPad is running the latest iOS version. During the flight my iPad sudenly crashed. There was a message on the display but I didn't had the time to read it. It said something along the lines of: "your mobile device is possibly overloaded". Next the screen went black and I was unable to turn on the iPad. I had to force a reboot.

Is this a know issue?
Thank you!

2021-1-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there PHibon. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having these trouble. Have you tried using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, the DJI Go 4 application will test the usage of the mobile device's CPU. When the CPU is overloaded, decoding of transmission and flight communication system may be affected and the device will get hot. Kindly please try to switch the mobile device to Airplane Mode to see if the issue will still persist. Thank you.
2021-1-18
Use props
PHibon
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-18 20:10
Hello there PHibon. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having these trouble. Have you tried using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, the DJI Go 4 application will test the usage of the mobile device's CPU. When the CPU is overloaded, decoding of transmission and flight communication system may be affected and the device will get hot. Kindly please try to switch the mobile device to Airplane Mode to see if the issue will still persist. Thank you.

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I have been using my iPhone 7 before with the Mavic Pro 2 without any issues at all. And I have only used my iPad Mini once (during the last flight). I wanted to try the iPad Mini because of its bigger screen size. My eyes aren't the best anymore and I find reading the information from the iPhone screen difficult. So I would be glad if I could use my iPad mini. with my Mavic Pro 2.

I have seen a video posted on this forum making some suggestions like unloading all apps beside the GO4 app and such. This is certainly something I will try.
I will also try Airplaine mode the next time I give it a go. I'll report back next weekend.
Thank you!

2021-1-18
Use props
PHibon
lvl.1
Belgium

I did a short 10 min flight yesterday with my Mavic 2 Pro using my iPad Mini 4. All went well but it is probably a too short flight to confirm that.
I did enable Airplane mode and I also deleted a number of apps who are running in the background. Since I will dedicate my iPad Mini completely to drone flying I figured I don't need those apps. I am starting to think that the real blame is iOS14. Ever since I upgraded to iOS14 my iPad Mini 4 is less responsive...
2021-1-25
Use props
djiuser_4N4e2hU6p7UD
New

Malta

Hi I just got the mavic pro 2 and like to know will the dji go4 app be fine on iPad mini 4 pls
2022-11-21
Use props
bradleydavison
New

United States

Hello, everyone! Before I spend $400 on an iPad mini 4, I hope someone can provide me with some information. With a mini 3, I experienced significant video transmission lag. Do I require an A8 processor and more than 2 gigs of RAM? My iPhone 8 has an A11 processor, but it works great. Please accept my apologies if this question is asked repeatedly. Windows 10 Release 1809 and later  MD-100 https://www.examout.co/MD-100-exam.html
2022-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules