Gimbal controller is too slow
2373 4 2021-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chririva
lvl.3

Poland

Hello, when i move the camera direction from a position to another, fast or slow (doesn't matter too much), when i stop the camera is still moving to the final position for... SECONDS.
It doesn't matter if it's set in fps, follow, or tilt locked. It doesn't matter if it's slow or fast follow, both are affected to the same issue.
It's too slow to reach the final position when i stop moving.
This should be an easy fix: you have to play with the parameters of the controller. My old dji osmo mobile 2 didn't have this issue.

2021-1-18
Use props
John Walker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Both my Pocket and Pocket 2 do this.  I have got used to it now and stop moving the camera just before the position I want it to stop in.  I agree it would be easier if the gimbal stopped when I stop moving the camera.  Next time I'm out with the Pocket, I'll try pressing the gimbal lock button at the point I want it to stop and see if that works.
2021-1-18
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

You can also turn the handle in the opposite direction a tiny bit to control the 'landing point', with a bit of practice.  But I think a gradual slowdown of the movement is absolutely neccessary artistically, rather than too abrupt a stop.
2021-1-18
Use props
Coris
lvl.2
Netherlands

I can confirm that the gimbal deceleration to stop time is much to long. Many seconds after the camera it get a stable position, the gimbal it still slowly moving before finally it stops. This is very visible on recording, and is annoying. Deceleration is necessary but the ramp of this is wrong chosen/programmed.
2021-1-21
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I saw a video the other day where someone made creative use of this and described it more as a hidden feature rather than a bug.  YMMV and clearly does!
2021-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules