HELP!! DJI MINI 2 NOT FLYING STRAIGHT!!!
5153 9 2021-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sca_lil_dude14
lvl.1
United States

Hello, I have recently got a mini 2 for my birthday about 2 months ago. For the first month and a half, it flew super straight and not like how it does now. I looked on the other forums and it said to replace the props, I did and there is no difference I did an IMU calibration and I always do a compass calibration before I fly. I also have calibrated my RC. Here is a video of me lined up with a straight road and pushing my stick forward. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMLsYUjXWno&feature=youtu.be
2021-1-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi!
You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.
That is way more active.
2021-1-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Only calibrate the compass when you are prompted to and after checking that the surface you are on isn't the cause,  there really is no need to calibrate the compass every flight.
2021-1-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there sca_lil_dude14. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having this issue with your DJI Mini 2 and thank you for reaching out. Before this issue happened was there a hard landing or a crash that happened to the said DJI Drone? Can you also please try to refresh the firmware of the said DJI drone and please try to fly the said drone to a different location to see if the issue will still persist. Please keep us posted on the latest updates for us to help you further. Thank you.
2021-1-20
Use props
sca_lil_dude14
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-20 21:32
Hello there sca_lil_dude14. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having this issue with your DJI Mini 2 and thank you for reaching out. Before this issue happened was there a hard landing or a crash that happened to the said DJI Drone? Can you also please try to refresh the firmware of the said DJI drone and please try to fly the said drone to a different location to see if the issue will still persist. Please keep us posted on the latest updates for us to help you further. Thank you.

There wasn't a crash but about 1 week before I had a small crash nothing big I am up to date with firmware the issue has been everywhere I fly
2021-1-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

sca_lil_dude14 Posted at 1-21 13:38
There wasn't a crash but about 1 week before I had a small crash nothing big I am up to date with firmware the issue has been everywhere I fly

Hi there sca_lil_dude14. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have given. Since there was a small crash or a hard landing that happened and you are now experiencing this issue. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assessment on the said drone . We have a team that will do there best to analyze and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry for this trouble and thank you.
2021-1-24
Use props
Sparkflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194619 ft

United States

Here are some fixes. Firmware refresh [through dji assistant]. IMU calibration. Compass calibration. When calibrating the imu or compass, always make sure to do it on a nonconductive surface. That includes concrete, asphalt, and gravel unfortunately. Another fix is to demagnetize the compass. You can get this product called the C-Fixer, however it is hard to find and is very expensive. You can get a cheaper watch demagnetizer on Amazon. Then look up the compass(s) location on your drone which can be found online. Here is the demagnetizer that I use. https://www.amazon.com/Demagnetizer-Screwdriver-Mechanical-Electrical-Demagnetise/dp/B0822673HS/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=watch+demagnetizer&qid=1613329802&sprefix=watch+demag&sr=8-6
2021-2-14
Use props
djiuser_PQDAyygiCSuZ
New
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 1-19 01:24
Only calibrate the compass when you are prompted to and after checking that the surface you are on isn't the cause,  there really is no need to calibrate the compass every flight.

New here. I was also calibrating before every flight. Thanks
2021-2-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_PQDAyygiCSuZ Posted at 2-16 04:27
New here. I was also calibrating before every flight. Thanks

You're very welcome.
2021-2-16
Use props
AtPlaces
lvl.2
United States

First try to calibrate the compass (I use a mini not a mini 2 so im not sure but i think both minis are pretty similar) Calibrate the compass only when required, check if a motor is burned, or see if the propellers are on properly.
2021-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules