Issue unexpected fees
3571 20 2021-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
1carus
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have just received a message to say i have £66 fee to pay for the dji care repaired replacement .

What is this nonsense? Ive already purchased carecprotect and i paid £69 for express service .

i sent the item to you 2 weeks ago and the service has been far from express. To then have another charge, i fing wholly unacceptable.

Therefore, please can you resolve the issue of this new charfe and get it removed. Ive already paid duty on the original purchase and im not paying another duty to have the product returned to me
. Please can you therefore provide a quote to repair my original damaged drone. If i choose this option, i will want my express repair fee.
CAS-5706252-S6L0L3

2021-1-18
Use props
1carus
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Can someone from DJI support please respond?

I have a fragment of a response emailed to me and as such it resolves nothing
2021-1-18
Use props
1carus
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Also @DJI_Diana please take another look at the UPS courier tracking details. Do you see the £66 unexpected fee? This is incorrect and has happened because DJI did not correctly mark the goods as a replacement. So sort it out.
It is not acceptable to pay £66 duty on a replacement costing £69.. it is DJI responsibility to get a repaired or replaced drone to me at no cost other than the £69 express fee paid on top of the original carecrefresh plan cost.

I don't want a reply saying a replacement drone is shipped. . I want a resolution.

Any UK folk reading this, be aware. DJI are making customers out of pocket for not categorising the repair customs form correctly.
2021-1-18
Use props
1carus
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Please resolve this issue, as the item is being held by UPS in the UK until the issue is resolved.

As this amounts to fraud, I.e. DJI were paid for care refresh and a supplemental payment to speed up the service was paid on top, that should have been the total cost to your customer(s). Now I am being asked to pay UPS another fee on top to receive my goods. This fee was not previously disclosed and is therefore DJI's liability.

As previously stated though, I do believe you made an error on the custom forms as you are issuing a replacement item for something duties were previously paid.

This is DJI Europe's problem to proactively sort out. This is not a case that may or may not provide the update.

I ask that DJI write to me, clearly explaining what you are going to proactively do to resolve this issue. I give you until tomorrow morning to achieve this before I raise a fraudulent claim with my bank, as I have paid for a service and you are not providing me with the replacement for
2021-1-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

1carus Posted at 1-19 04:47
Please resolve this issue, as the item is being held by UPS in the UK until the issue is resolved.

As this amounts to fraud, I.e. DJI were paid for care refresh and a supplemental payment to speed up the service was paid on top, that should have been the total cost to your customer(s). Now I am being asked to pay UPS another fee on top to receive my goods. This fee was not previously disclosed and is therefore DJI's liability.

Hi there, sorry for the late response. As of 1 January, the EU term of trade does not apply to the United Kingdom anymore. The receiver might be charged with duties and taxes billed by the destination Custom. DJI pays the duties when the shipment is shipped to The Netherlands, and the consignee needs to pay the duties and taxes when the shipment is imported from the EU to the non-EU country.

For more information, we'd like to guide you toward the United Kingdom's Governmental Website: https://www.gov.uk/transition
2021-1-19
Use props
j4ku3pl_1988
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9695 ft
United Kingdom

1carus Posted at 1-19 04:47

Hi. Have you solved the problem? I also have to send a dji mavic to the Netherlands, I live in Northern Ireland. I do not buy / sell, I am sending to the SERVICE as a private person. Support replied saying RMA and "DEFECT UNIT - NO COMMERCIAL VALUE" on the package. Is writing it important for customs officials?
2021-2-16
Use props
1carus
lvl.1
United Kingdom

j4ku3pl_1988 Posted at 2-16 00:37
Hi. Have you solved the problem? I also have to send a dji mavic to the Netherlands, I live in Northern Ireland. I do not buy / sell, I am sending to the SERVICE as a private person. Support replied saying RMA and "DEFECT UNIT - NO COMMERCIAL VALUE" on the package. Is writing it important for customs officials?

DJI customer service has been intelligence insultingly bad. Ensure you have a offline pdf copy of your original Care Refresh terms and conditions and be prepared for a hefty customs bill of £66.02 when the repaired/replaced drone is shipped out from the Netherlands. DJI told me that they they avoid passing these customs duties onto us now but they also told me other things that turned out to be untrue. If you are prepared to take the chance and send the drone for repair, know that if you get the customs charge incorrectly placed on you, DJI will be evasive. Thankfully,  the financial conduct authority find DJI are behaving in breach of their Care Refresh contractual agreement and my bank have now extracted my losses from DJI's finances. SO CAN YOU
#Thereisjustice
2021-2-16
Use props
Ashy87
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26975 ft
United Kingdom

I have just received an email from UPS saying I need to pay £67 import duty for my warranty replacement drone! This was a DOA unit that I returned last week. I live in UK and had to send the faulty unit to NL. From your experience above how would you recommend I proceed, should I pay and somehow claim it back or should I contest the charge with DJI? Any help/guidance is appreciated.
2021-2-18
Use props
1carus
lvl.1
United Kingdom

j4ku3pl_1988 Posted at 2-16 00:37
Hi. Have you solved the problem? I also have to send a dji mavic to the Netherlands, I live in Northern Ireland. I do not buy / sell, I am sending to the SERVICE as a private person. Support replied saying RMA and "DEFECT UNIT - NO COMMERCIAL VALUE" on the package. Is writing it important for customs officials?

Apologies for the delay in replying.

Correctly declaring the customs value so that import or export duties are incorrectly incurred to DJI is helpful t DJI business. It is in their interest to advise custoners as DJI are liable fir all shipping costs, including customs duties, both ways, under the 2020 care refresh agreement.

DJI have chisen monetary gain, over customer gain and lawful compliance which is why we are seeing these worries. DJI are handling this badly.

For ANYONE IN UK thinking of purchasibg a DJI drone in 2021 or beyond, im afraid to say yhat you reallt must factor in customer service as acpriority and if you do, you wiil prioritise other brands over DJI.

If you are based in the UK and you really really must have a dJI drone, nobother brand, do not bur care refresh, but factor in paying for UK repairs yourself as the economics of Care Refresh together with the costscof import charges being placed on you as an end users, plus the stres is frankly not worth it.
2021-2-18
Use props
1carus
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ashy87 Posted at 2-18 16:11
I have just received an email from UPS saying I need to pay £67 import duty for my warranty replacement drone! This was a DOA unit that I returned last week. I live in UK and had to send the faulty unit to NL. From your experience above how would you recommend I proceed, should I pay and somehow claim it back or should I contest the charge with DJI? Any help/guidance is appreciated.

Were you returning a brand new DOA unit or a replaced DOA (replaced under Care Refresh agreement)? If the former, your original purchase should prevail. Check receipt. It most likely says includes VAT, shipping and taxes. If you reported promptly, 14 days of arrival i think, and DJI then diid this to you, then they are in breach of contract and you can ask them for a full refund in return for the unused drone. If the latter, check your Care Refresh agreement. You should read so long as in a serviced area, DJI are responsible for shipping and customs duties both ways.

You must give DJI chance to resolve, when they do not, go through your bank/PayPal and ask to raise a chargeback dispute for either route.
2021-2-18
Use props
Ashy87
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26975 ft
United Kingdom

1carus Posted at 2-18 23:45
Were you returning a brand new DOA unit or a replaced DOA (replaced under Care Refresh agreement)? If the former, your original purchase should prevail. Check receipt. It most likely says includes VAT, shipping and taxes. If you reported promptly, 14 days of arrival i think, and DJI then diid this to you, then they are in breach of contract and you can ask them for a full refund in return for the unused drone. If the latter, check your Care Refresh agreement. You should read so long as in a serviced area, DJI are responsible for shipping and customs duties both ways.

You must give DJI chance to resolve, when they do not, go through your bank/PayPal and ask to raise a chargeback dispute for either route.

Thanks for the response. I returned a brand new DOA unit, the replacement they have sent in it's place is now subject to import duty allegedly. I have contacted DJI who are unbelievably unhelpful, claiming that import duty is not their responsibility and are just expecting me to pay £67, she was quite rude to me too.
I did originally report within 14 days hence DOA return. My issue now is that even if I return for a full refund I will not get the additional £67 duty refunded, and I do want the replacement, just not at a cost.
Incidentally i do have care refresh too, although this is not a claim on that, could that 'contract' help me any more though?

Could you advise where I pursue to get the £67 chargeback, from my original transaction or from the £67 payment transaction (to UPS?). I haven't paid it yet as I was hoping DJI would be remotely helpful... guess not!
Or do I have a case to dispute the charges with UPS/Customs?
2021-2-19
Use props
1carus
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Your dispute lies with DJI. But as you attempted to reach a resolution with them,  now you must contact your bank who you originally used to purchase the drone. Raise a 'goods or services not received' dispute. Ask them advice whether they would like you to pay the courier import fee and if the bank will then charge back this to DJI, or if they advise not to do that and they with get all your money back so you can order another brand new one afresh.

Hope that helps

The choice will be yours now that DJI has offered you no resolution and so long as UK law offers you laws and FCA protections to retrieve misplaced costs.

Good luck, and please post your outcome to help the next UK DJI customer suffering until DJI concede they need to behave better.
2021-2-19
Use props
BA Drone Dude
lvl.2

United States

I've had a similar issue in the US. I had one of my motors fail on my DJI Tello and they wanted $67 for a repair that would technically only cost $20 (motor costs $6). When the issue occured (if I am correct) I was supposed to have a one year warranty still valid on my drone. When I shipped it to their facility in California, they told me the warranty only lasted about two months (which is absolute garbage) and my repair would cost $65. I could by a whole new drone for $70! What a ripoff!
2021-3-1
Use props
epsilonion
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14058 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-19 18:56
Hi there, sorry for the late response. As of 1 January, the EU term of trade does not apply to the United Kingdom anymore. The receiver might be charged with duties and taxes billed by the destination Custom. DJI pays the duties when the shipment is shipped to The Netherlands, and the consignee needs to pay the duties and taxes when the shipment is imported from the EU to the non-EU country.

For more information, we'd like to guide you toward the United Kingdom's Governmental Website: https://www.gov.uk/transition

My argument to this is that you pay duties on the product when you first buy it in the UK and if correctly marked such as "warranty repair" or "repaired" when sent back to a customer should not invoke more duties as you can only pay duties on an item once.

The UK has gone to crap, the old guys that died in the war will turn in there graves to see the UK in its current state, then again people did vote in the shower of s__t.
2021-4-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

epsilonion Posted at 4-12 03:36
My argument to this is that you pay duties on the product when you first buy it in the UK and if correctly marked such as "warranty repair" or "repaired" when sent back to a customer should not invoke more duties as you can only pay duties on an item once.

The UK has gone to crap, the old guys that died in the war will turn in there graves to see the UK in its current state, then again people did vote in the shower of s__t.

Hi there, I have replied to your post: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 297&pid=2460419, thanks.
2021-4-15
Use props
djiuser_9IeAMJmk7s5m
New

United Kingdom

I’ve just had this happen to me. Received a fee of 65 with an extra £5 late repayment fee. I’ve had absolutely no information telling me I had to pay this in the first instance and now it’s even higher, only know because they posted me an invoice. I’m fuming to say the least. Got to pay it by tomorrow or it increases and DJI after sales is closed on weekends. I’d love to hear if anyone got this resolved.
2021-5-22
Use props
djiuser_VXODJogz6ARs
New

United Kingdom

Check out my previous guidance to others in a similar position. Check out your original Care Refresh T&C 's that in region charges are covered,  contact your bank(must be the one used to buy care refresh originally), ask them to raise a chargeback dispute with DJI for courier charges under " service not received". Sit back and relax, let the process conclude. DJI customer service will not volunteer a resolution in my experience.
2021-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_9IeAMJmk7s5m Posted at 5-22 03:04
I’ve just had this happen to me. Received a fee of 65 with an extra £5 late repayment fee. I’ve had absolutely no information telling me I had to pay this in the first instance and now it’s even higher, only know because they posted me an invoice. I’m fuming to say the least. Got to pay it by tomorrow or it increases and DJI after sales is closed on weekends. I’d love to hear if anyone got this resolved.

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience caused. I've managed to get your case number and ticket number via your forum account, I'll forward it to our corresponding team to follow up. We'll keep you updated via email. Thanks.
2021-5-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_VXODJogz6ARs Posted at 5-22 03:27
Check out my previous guidance to others in a similar position. Check out your original Care Refresh T&C 's that in region charges are covered,  contact your bank(must be the one used to buy care refresh originally), ask them to raise a chargeback dispute with DJI for courier charges under " service not received". Sit back and relax, let the process conclude. DJI customer service will not volunteer a resolution in my experience.

I'm sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience with our customer service. If there is anything I can assist you with, please feel free to let me know and provide more details. Thanks.
2021-5-23
Use props
Staffydog33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1348881 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

1carus Posted at 2021-1-18 23:20
Also @DJI_Diana please take another look at the UPS courier tracking details. Do you see the £66 unexpected fee? This is incorrect and has happened because DJI did not correctly mark the goods as a replacement. So sort it out.
It is not acceptable to pay £66 duty on a replacement costing £69.. it is DJI responsibility to get a repaired or replaced drone to me at no cost other than the £69 express fee paid on top of the original carecrefresh plan cost.

i agree with you mate, they doing it to me right now!!!!!!!!
2023-7-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Staffydog33 Posted at 7-4 18:58
i agree with you mate, they doing it to me right now!!!!!!!!

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. We saw that your case is taking care by our other admins in this post:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Dlastpost
2023-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules