Calibrating the Vision Sensors w/DJI Assistant
11976 10 2021-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MRomine
Second Officer
Flight distance : 850971 ft
United States

Tried to take off for a job that I am working on this afternoon and the Smart Controller that I am using tells that I can not take off becasue my Vision Sensors need to be calibrated with the DJI Assistant.

So I return home and connect my Mavic 2 Pro to my iMac and launch the DJI Assistant. It tells me that I have the current Firmware installed, V01.00.0670 on the drone.

Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6, DJI Assistant version: Mac V2.0.14

I click on the calibration tab in the left hand menu. I get the following imessage. Can not detect screen size. So I enter the screen size, 27". Then I clcik the Recalibrate button.

The calibration window opens and I get these instructions:

1.) Hold the aircraft with it's Forward Vision Cameras facing the screen.

2.) Adjust the distance between the aircraft and the screen to align the red box with the green.

Here lies the problem, I do not get a red or green box to align.

Any idea on what the issue is so that I can move forward with calibrating the sensors?
2021-1-18
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
United States

Found out that the Calibration panel of the DJI Assistant 2 can not be run on a Mac system with dual displays running. You have to disconnect one of the displays. Even so, after disconnecting one display the software would not allow me to complete the calibration process. There were no error messages, the software did not crash or lock-up but it would stop following where the sensor was pointed once I got to doing the side sensor calibration. I was able to get through the calibration of the Front, rear and bottom sensors but the side sensor became very erritic and would not track properly. Finally gave up.
2021-1-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MRomine. I am sorry to know that you are having issues in calibrating the sensors of your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Please try to calibrate the said drone using a monitor display of 14 inches or bigger is recommended for the calibration. Please set the display’s resolution to the recommended default value. ( Usually, the 14-inch display’s resolution should be set at 1366*768 or 1440*900. The 17-inch display’s resolution: 1366*768 or 1280*720. The 19-inch display’s resolution: 1366*768 or 1440*900. The 22-inch display’s resolution: 1680*1050 or 1920*1080. The 24-inch display’s resolution: 1920*1080 or 1920*1200.) Thank you.
2021-1-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2021-1-19
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-18 20:46
Hello there MRomine. I am sorry to know that you are having issues in calibrating the sensors of your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Please try to calibrate the said drone using a monitor display of 14 inches or bigger is recommended for the calibration. Please set the display’s resolution to the recommended default value. ( Usually, the 14-inch display’s resolution should be set at 1366*768 or 1440*900. The 17-inch display’s resolution: 1366*768 or 1280*720. The 19-inch display’s resolution: 1366*768 or 1440*900. The 22-inch display’s resolution: 1680*1050 or 1920*1080. The 24-inch display’s resolution: 1920*1080 or 1920*1200.) Thank you.

Steven, thank you for trying to help but did you read anything that I posted above?

The information that you shared is not even relevant. I stated that I have a 27" display. I also said in my 2nd post that I learned that the DJI Calibration can not be run on dual display Mac system.

Here is my issue, I will post it again: after disconnecting one display the DJI calibration software would not allow me to complete the calibration process. There were no error messages, the software did not crash or lock-up but it would stop following where the drone sensor as I pointed pointed it towards my display once I got to doing the side sensor calibration. I was able to get through the calibration of the Front, rear and bottom sensors but the side sensor became very erritic and would not track properly. Finally gave up.
2021-1-19
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-19 01:11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdGtZBrIe9A

Hi DAFlys, thank you for sharing that video. I have seen that before and that is exactly how I was doing the calibration but for some reason when I got to the first side sensor it would follow up until I got to the upper left hand square and then stop. I did that four times and each time it would hang in the same location. That was yesterday. Today I was able to get all the way through the calibration of all the sensors but when it would try to Calculate the calibration information it would hang again and the progress bar never went passed the 0% mark. Inside the window it says: 'Calibration requires approximately 1 minute.' Well after leaving it to run for ten minutes I gave up and closed the window. I've gotten to this point twice now and each time it hangs in the same spot. This software is very buggy.
2021-1-19
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
United States

Reinstalled the latest firmware for the drone, still hangs at the same point.
2021-1-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MRomine Posted at 1-19 12:35
Hi DAFlys, thank you for sharing that video. I have seen that before and that is exactly how I was doing the calibration but for some reason when I got to the first side sensor it would follow up until I got to the upper left hand square and then stop. I did that four times and each time it would hang in the same location. That was yesterday. Today I was able to get all the way through the calibration of all the sensors but when it would try to Calculate the calibration information it would hang again and the progress bar never went passed the 0% mark. Inside the window it says: 'Calibration requires approximately 1 minute.' Well after leaving it to run for ten minutes I gave up and closed the window. I've gotten to this point twice now and each time it hangs in the same spot. This software is very buggy.

I know when I first had to do it I had a lot of failures but I then realised that I was holding/moving the drone wrong.  Its really important to see the drone parallel to the screen and move it left / right/up/down rather than keeping it in the middle and pointing the camera around the screen.
2021-1-20
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-20 01:15
I know when I first had to do it I had a lot of failures but I then realised that I was holding/moving the drone wrong.  Its really important to see the drone parallel to the screen and move it left / right/up/down rather than keeping it in the middle and pointing the camera around the screen.

Thank you.
2021-1-20
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
United States

MRomine Posted at 1-19 13:44
Reinstalled the latest firmware for the drone, still hangs at the same point. [view_image]

DJI can you provide any help or comments at all on this issue?
2021-1-20
Use props
tallsean
lvl.1
Flight distance : 338635 ft
United States

I never saw the red or green alignments, couldn’t get through the first calibration
2023-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules