Anamorphic Desqueeze on Ronin App
3171 4 2021-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
matthewpederson
lvl.1

United States

Hi!

I'm planning on using my Sony a6500 with both the Sirui anamorphic 35mm and 50mm on the DJI RS2 for a socially distanced concert in about 2 and a half weeks. I'll use a small tablet I have as my external monitor, connecting it over RavenEye. This is where my issue comes in. There's no way to desqueeze the anamorphic image on the app. I could (and likely have no alternative other than to) just film it unsqueezed and imagine what it will look like. I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue and if they found a workaround? I'm considering even building an Android app to function as a interactive shell overlay to squeeze the tablet's display.

By the way, I have a Feelworld monitor that does let me desqueeze but of course can't use RavenEye through the Ronin app.
2021-1-18
Use props
CWHstunts
lvl.1
United Kingdom

same problem here, i just purchased the Sirui 50mm.
my freelworld monitor has the Anamorphic de-squeeze mode, but my RavenEye dose not. its very frustrating as the raven eye is a great bit of kit and I really want to use it with this lens.  
2021-2-19
Use props
fans1985f1b1
New

Czechia

DJI please, Let´s find a solution. RONIN RS2 is the BEAST,  + in set wits SET of SIRUI GLASSES. But Dji APP does not support desqueeze the image. It is last step to be PERFECT. Thnx FORWARDCREW
2021-3-19
Use props
tapastwain
New
Germany

@DJI, please implement this!
2022-5-16
Use props
djiuser_os3cfWk1LPJ1
New

Netherlands

I also have an anamorphic lens by Sirui. The monitor view on the camera GH5s looks great. But when using the raveneye it shows an expanded image. Please add desqueeze feature to Ronin app.
Best regards, John Glantz
2023-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules