How useful and reliable is the new firmware 01.00.0511?
584 7 2021-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
S.T.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1392575 ft
Greece

For Android users, it is probably completely "useless".
1. Added cruise control for Free mode in Hyperlapse (requires DJI Fly v1.2.2 or later for iOS version. Support for Android version will be added later). Exercise caution when using cruise control.
2. Optimized RTH. If the aircraft is at a distance of 5 m to 50 m from the Home Point when RTH is initiated, the aircraft adjusts its orientation and flies to the Home Point at the current altitude.  For feature 1: Android users are not included !! My view is that it seems worthless, since the "best" Hyperlapse shots are done with courselock or waypoints.

For feature 1: Android users are not included !! Anyway My view is that  it seems useless, since the "best" Hyperlapse shots are done with courselock or waypoints.
For feature 2: I do not know if it is useful or dangerous! Hypothetical scenario: At a distance of less than 50 meters I descend to a relatively low altitude and drive the drone behind buildings, resulting in loss of connection. What will happen then? Since the drone will not be able to climb up (hypothetically if I have the RTH to 100m) will it try to return to the same straight line and at the same height? (hypothetically 30 meters). But then the drone will not be able to pass the building and go back !! Can this happen?

There are also several reports that this firmware has presented various problems, some of which have already been recorded in relevant posts on the site.

2021-1-19
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Optimized RTH is a mixed bag with pros and cons.  I personally do like it but I rarely use RTH.
2021-1-19
Use props
vg1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

"For feature 2: I do not know if it is useful or dangerous!  Hypothetical scenario: At a distance of less than 50 meters I descend  to a relatively low altitude and drive the drone behind buildings,  resulting in loss of connection. What will happen then? Since the drone  will not be able to climb up (hypothetically if I have the RTH to 100m)  will it try to return to the same straight line and at the same height?  (hypothetically 30 meters). But then the drone will not be able to pass  the building and go back !! Can this happen?"

I have the same concerns.
2021-1-19
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

As feature 1 is not very usefull i do not care as a Adroid user. If it has been implemented for video, i would really complain.
For feature 2 i also have the same concerns, especially if the MA2 initiates auto landing if it drops below 0 m within the 50m range.
2021-1-19
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

"At a distance of less than 50 meters I descend to a relatively low altitude and drive the drone behind buildings, resulting in loss of connection. What will happen then?"

For  MA2 ; within 50 meters of HP drone will RTH at current height in a direct line. If stopped bs of an obtacle in the direct line ; it just hovers and wait for manual input.

So in your situation, walk to the drone behind that building and regain connection + take over control manually.

cheers
JJB
2021-1-20
Use props
S.T.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1392575 ft
Greece

JJB* Posted at 1-20 00:10
Hi,

"At a distance of less than 50 meters I descend to a relatively low altitude and drive the drone behind buildings, resulting in loss of connection. What will happen then?"

Your proposal makes sense if circumstances allow.
In place of the buildings could be a rock and below the sea, trees, etc.
My view is that the range should be reduced immediately, from 50 to 15-20m.
2021-1-20
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

S.T. Posted at 1-20 03:07
Your proposal makes sense if circumstances allow.
In place of the buildings could be a rock and below the sea, trees, etc.

True, but than ofcourse it is not smart to fly behind such a object, as you know your drone will get into problems. Uh, not the drone but the remote pilot in command.

Flying drones = LOS =  Radio Line of Sight too !

cheers
JJB
2021-1-20
Use props
vg1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

S.T. Posted at 1-20 03:07

Very good idea.
2021-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules