Mini 3 expectations?
2504 13 2021-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

Still waiting and can't decide to buy Mini 2.
Are you happy users or still want somenthing special?
I still hope for:
- gestures ( like Spark or Air 1 even simple for 3 selfie by click power button few times, drone start from hand, go away few meters and back )
- tracking ( even simple by camera like Tello app can )
- using without phone and phone without controller possibility.All this things above are easy programmable for tech guys.

- controller like from fpv coming https://spidersweb.pl/_next/imag ... 50.jpeg&w=2048&q=75
That's all. Maybe 1 inch cam and 4k 60 but its a dream.

2021-1-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MARTINEZX. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your valued insights with regards to this matter. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future products and with regards to this matter. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you for your support and please stay safe always.
2021-1-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do you really want to wait a year for the Mini 3
2021-1-20
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

DAFlys Posted at 1-20 01:25
Do you really want to wait a year for the Mini 3

DAFlys  yes - if the Mini 2 not update firmware with this simple things.

That's we have COVID time still, so no vacation / holidays. To this time i am fine with my camera and Tello for 5 mpix photo.  I put Insta360go cam on Tello and for this time is enough.

I am thinking of Mini 2 but for now better choice is Air 1 and few batteries.  Will see the future.
Maybe other comes to game > Xiaomi, Sony.... will see.
2021-1-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MARTINEZX Posted at 1-20 03:27
DAFlys  yes - if the Mini 2 not update firmware with this simple things.

That's we have COVID time still, so no vacation / holidays. To this time i am fine with my camera and Tello for 5 mpix photo.  I put Insta360go cam on Tello and for this time is enough.

Under the easa rules an unclassified mini 2 would be the way to go as you’ll be able fly over people. If mini 2 is classified it won’t be able to do that. And unless they can make the mini 3 under 250g mtom it won’t be able to overfly people either.
2021-1-20
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

DAFlys Posted at 1-20 04:57
Under the easa rules an unclassified mini 2 would be the way to go as you’ll be able fly over people. If mini 2 is classified it won’t be able to do that. And unless they can make the mini 3 under 250g mtom it won’t be able to overfly people either.

Of course.
But:  
1. not everyone need to fly over people
2. as i read the new rules unclassified but under 250 can fly other people but not other group
but all depend on camera rules
3. in my country above 250 g  i need only answer few questions and have some online e-learning course so i think there is any problem with this.
4. i expect that Mini 3 under 250 g. The world goes ahead so in miniaturisation days it can be shame for DJI if thay not pack better battery, better camera, obstacle avoid. under 250 g... For example check the Kospet Prime 2 watch. Full android 10 watch with Sony 13 mpix cam, LTE, GPS, octa core processor , 4 GB + 64 GB of memory and huge battery....
2021-1-20
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

All the things you suggested aside from maybe tracking are things previous drones did (like you mentioned) but no one cared about.  Gimmicks that sounded good in theory.
2021-1-20
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

Oracle Miata Posted at 1-20 09:54
All the things you suggested aside from maybe tracking are things previous drones did (like you mentioned) but no one cared about.  Gimmicks that sounded good in theory.

Maybe for you. As i read some forums for many people are useful. For me personally too.
I think the drones like Mini are not for serious job. Its portable drone to put into jacket. It's for quick vacation fun. With controler ( huge like M2 )  is not portable and fun.
This things i used very often and they real works:
1. Gestures / Only smarthone control - ideal for Mini drone on holidays when you have group march
few hours with speed in the mountain and no one wait for taking drone from bag, taking remote, taking smartphone, pairing, waiting just for few photos or panorama.And you need extra bag for this.
With Spark or Air 1  it was easy - take from pocket, start the drone by power click on, make a hand sign, drone make 3 selfies from different angle and back
Or with smartphone - start dronie or panorama and back....
2. Smaller controller - do you feel good when the controller ( like on Mini 2 ) is bigger that portable drone ?

I don't talk about Mavic Air 2 or Phantom but about small, portable, basic Mini  - lame, disabled "succesor" of Spark. If DJI cut Spark line - for us - basic users that need quick and fun solution - Mini is not ok.

2021-1-20
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

MARTINEZX Posted at 1-20 13:39
Maybe for you. As i read some forums for many people are useful. For me personally too.
I think the drones like Mini are not for serious job. Its portable drone to put into jacket. It's for quick vacation fun. With controler ( huge like M2 )  is not portable and fun.
This things i used very often and they real works:
Again, no one uses that gimmicky mess because it barely works anyway.  I still own my Spark and my MA1.  Those gesture modes are trash.  I hike with my drones all the time. Honestly,  pulling a drone and a controller out of a bag have never ruined my hike.  Only savages put quads in pockets.  You need a selfie drone.  The mini is not a selfie drone.

But, to each his own.  I’m just saying, I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for gesture mode to return.
2021-1-20
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

Oracle Miata Posted at 1-20 14:18
Again, no one uses that gimmicky mess because it barely works anyway.  I still own my Spark and my MA1.  Those gesture modes are trash.  I hike with my drones all the time. Honestly,  pulling a drone and a controller out of a bag have never ruined my hike.  Only savages put quads in pockets.  You need a selfie drone.  The mini is not a selfie drone.

But, to each his own.  I’m just saying, I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for gesture mode to return.
And that is ok. You don't need and i understand that you are not using. But not say that anyone.
I am using and for me works perfectly for quick action.
If you have cameras, food, etc belive that any uneccesary part like controllers and time to use it is sometimes important. And this functionality is easy to add by software. So if thay add its not hurt you. You just not use.

I ask in my first post what are people expectation so maybe you need to try read again with more attention ? ; )

Btw i will add  Waypoints to my wishlist.
2021-1-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MARTINEZX Posted at 1-20 05:20
Of course.
But:  
1. not everyone need to fly over people

When the classification comes into play its no longer based on weight,  but MTOM so the drones would need to get much lighter to comply.   
2021-1-21
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

But MTOM is for drone 5 - 25 kg  i think   -  i think nothing change in small drone to 250
2021-1-21
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

That is exactly i need  but under 250 g and quieter      Spark was better because can start from hand. Air was better because make 3 photos - not one.
Tracking works well too.  
Even in my small Tello tracking works.

As you said - i checked Selfie Drone too but no one works without smartphone. And not so advanced if you want some more.
About your "gimmick"  check the comments under this video

Good point is that still detect obstacle when in that gesture control.
2021-1-21
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

Any info for update Mini 2 or in Mini 3?
2022-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules