Is there a way to Livestream your DJI Mini 2 flight?
12Next >
16677 43 2021-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey Folks,

So like the DJI GO 4 application, is there any way to Livestream your flight to one of the social media sites? The only way I can see Livestreaming onto a social media site is to screenshot your device and Livestream it that way? Does the GO FLY application have the feature to Livestream?

Thank you for your replies.
2021-1-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, David Martin Graff. Thanks for reaching out! Currently, the DJI Mini 2 does not support live stream but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI Mini 2.
2021-1-19
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-19 23:03
Hi, David Martin Graff. Thanks for reaching out! Currently, the DJI Mini 2 does not support live stream but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI Mini 2.

Thanks DJI Gamora for answering my question. It is unfortunate that no live stream exists currently for the Mini 2, as this drone flies indoors and it would be a nice feature for those who would like to broadcast indoors a live stream of whatever activities they are working on.
2021-1-20
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

Hi, David Martin Graff. Thanks for reaching out! Currently, the DJI Mini 2 does not support live stream but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI Mini 2.

2021-1-20
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

David Martin Graff Posted at 1-20 09:08
Thanks DJI Gamora for answering my question. It is unfortunate that no live stream exists currently for the Mini 2, as this drone flies indoors and it would be a nice feature for those who would like to broadcast indoors a live stream of whatever activities they are working on.

Totally agree.
2021-1-20
Use props
MagicRide
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

I second the live stream request, there's no reason why this is not on the app.
2021-1-20
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MagicRide Posted at 1-20 16:48
I second the live stream request, there's no reason why this is not on the app.

Well I appreciate your opinion here.
2021-1-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

David Martin Graff Posted at 1-20 09:08
Thanks DJI Gamora for answering my question. It is unfortunate that no live stream exists currently for the Mini 2, as this drone flies indoors and it would be a nice feature for those who would like to broadcast indoors a live stream of whatever activities they are working on.

Thanks for your kind understanding and although there are no confirmed plans for the time being, we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI Mini 2.
2021-1-23
Use props
fans42c8019f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5883 ft
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-23 01:42
Thanks for your kind understanding and although there are no confirmed plans for the time being, we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI Mini 2.

Isn’t this the exact same response you gave him the first time?  
2021-1-23
Use props
BORRERO.MD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 774534 ft
Colombia

Hi. I'm currently trying out options. With my Galaxy S9 i can mirror screen my phone to my chromecast and notice little lag on the phone itself, however the stream on the tv gets weird at times. I bet it depends on your phone/tablet's processor and ram.
I've also tried different apps to mirror my phone somewhere else. AirDroid, for android, worked fine the first time. However, for whatever reason, the transmission from the phone to my laptop has been dropping every time i try to use it now.
2021-1-23
Use props
djiuser_zOLpsk4G5AGN
New

Germany

I absolutely agree! Please add back (!) the functionality to live stream with the Mini (2). Thank you!
2021-2-7
Use props
djiuser_LSA2v8XVnCFw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

https://airdata.com/blog/2019/ne ... with-any-flight-app
Air data says you can livestream with any dji app
2021-2-7
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
Australia

There is a way to do it with a third party app that can stream called Prism   
2021-2-7
Use props
aykutaltindag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27687 ft
Turkey

MagicRide Posted at 1-20 16:48
I second the live stream request, there's no reason why this is not on the app.

i join this!
2021-2-7
Use props
Linsenfest
lvl.3
Flight distance : 199475 ft
Germany

I join this too! Livestream to Instagram and Facebook Live would be awesome!
2021-3-2
Use props
TP-FPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146821 ft
United States

It will happen about as fast as they add support for the Smart Controller. Don't hold out any hope!
2021-3-2
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

If you google air data livestream there is a way to live stream mini 2
2021-3-2
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

https://airdata.com/blog/2019/ne ... with-any-flight-app

another one
2021-3-3
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

i'm curious how can you livestream using your Mini 2??
2021-4-1
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

dji_MODDER Posted at 3-3 00:46
https://airdata.com/blog/2019/new-live-streaming-with-any-flight-app

another one

that would be fun
2021-4-1
Use props
fans8099bffb
New

Greece

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-23 01:42
Thanks for your kind understanding and although there are no confirmed plans for the time being, we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI Mini 2.

People ask, robots answer! Thanks DJI
2021-5-10
Use props
paralax6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105072 ft
Germany

upvote for livestream with mini 2 and smart controller
2021-6-24
Use props
sensiblesnake
lvl.2

Bulgaria

Is live stream supported by any other drone(s)?  If so, which ones?

Thanks.
2021-6-25
Use props
Sys_Admin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1094311 ft
United Kingdom

Since the days of mini 1 - Now on mini 2 - I have been searching for a live stream option on iOS.. Although DJI could do it - it doesn't seem to be on their list of things to actually do.
Prism is a half baked answer for Android users only.
DJI - get us some live streaming already!
2021-7-31
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DU Screen recorder offers live streaming

As for Air Data, good luck with that peoples  "Live Streaming is available for our Enterprise plan as an add-on feature." ONLY...
2021-7-31
Use props
santos010
New

United States

I just bought the DJI mini 2. What a desappoinment when I found I cannot do livestream. I am about to return it.
2021-8-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

santos010 Posted at 8-5 20:50
I just bought the DJI mini 2. What a desappoinment when I found I cannot do livestream. I am about to return it.

Seams a little extreme when there are workarounds...
2021-8-6
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

fans42c8019f Posted at 1-23 05:00
Isn’t this the exact same response you gave him the first time?

Yes, it's a computer which "replies" ...
2021-8-6
Use props
owis
New

Chile

I owned a mavic pro, which with its app (DJI 4) could stream to facebook and youtube without problems.
After thieves, they opened my vehicle, to steal my drone, I had to buy a new one.
Always relying on the quality that DJI gave me (drone and its OSMO gimbal, which I also have) I did not expect that they would have removed this feature from the new application that now controls my new DJI Mavic Air2s.
I am really disappointed in this. Is there a solution (at no additional cost obviously) to be able to stream again, without it being an app that grabs the screen of your smartphone to transmit?
2021-8-30
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

owis Posted at 8-30 12:57
I owned a mavic pro, which with its app (DJI 4) could stream to facebook and youtube without problems.
After thieves, they opened my vehicle, to steal my drone, I had to buy a new one.
Always relying on the quality that DJI gave me (drone and its OSMO gimbal, which I also have) I did not expect that they would have removed this feature from the new application that now controls my new DJI Mavic Air2s.

No, the only free way is the screen recorder, some later android phones have one built in now, its crude but works very well, or there is DURecorder, that's a good app, I have it but I use my Note 20 Ultra's built in recorder
2021-8-30
Use props
djiuser_HMMz4blPxtkN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11649029 ft
Brazil

Any news about live streaming on DJI mini 2?
2021-10-6
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_HMMz4blPxtkN Posted at 10-6 09:40
Any news about live streaming on DJI mini 2?

Be very surprised if anything new is added now what with the Mini 3 ''allegedly'' due next month
2021-10-6
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

It's possible now directly from DJI Fly App 1.4.12 (android)

2021-10-10
Use props
djiuser_bHYfBK3yKqzZ
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Henrik Olsen Posted at 10-10 01:38
https://youtu.be/fL7M5GIdk3c

It's a shame we can't stream to Facebook. The live url uses https which I think causes the problem.
The YT streaming only uses http.
2021-10-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Henrik Olsen Posted at 10-10 01:38
https://youtu.be/fL7M5GIdk3c

Just goes to show, DJI can still surprise us, me for sure...
Its a shame you need a minimum of 1000 subscribers for YouTube
2021-10-12
Use props
Cocaneta
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2360942 ft
Puerto Rico

I was able to stream straight out of the RTMP app available in DJI Mini 2 Controller.  In a nutshell I set up an RTMP server in my machine using this video. Then I configured the RTMP app in the Controller:

It is just great.  From there I can configure the nginx server to push the feed anywhere I want.
2021-10-21
Use props
mavic2zoom-ch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5547667 ft
United Kingdom

That sounds interesting .. using which video (there was no link)?
2021-10-22
Use props
Cocaneta
lvl.1
Puerto Rico

mavic2zoom-ch Posted at 10-22 00:57
That sounds interesting .. using which video (there was no link)?

Sorry... I thought I did a hyperlink.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-EdUHNK9UI

Depending on what you want to do you may want to stream it to your local computer.

I believe you can also do a live stream directly to another platform (ie YouTube or FB) from your controller.  I will  test it tomorrow.

2021-10-22
Use props
HamRadioGuy
lvl.1

United States

Bashy Posted at 7-31 19:20
DU Screen recorder offers live streaming

As for Air Data, good luck with that peoples  "Live Streaming is available for our Enterprise plan as an add-on feature." ONLY...

Enterprise = Contact Us For Pricing = $$$$
2021-10-22
Use props
Cocaneta
lvl.1
Puerto Rico

In fact I just confirmed that you can stream directly to youtube.  Just enter the youtube streaming address rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2/[your streaming key].  Great work DJI!
2021-10-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules