3736 11 2021-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hhasanain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064308 ft
Saudi Arabia

Hello all,

for the 1st time, I had a full flight (27 mins) indoors in a huge arena, it was fun, but my MM2 didn't go over 5 meters.

00m 57s3.9 m0 mWarningMax altitude reached (Altitude limit: 30 m)

it has 0 GPS, which is understanable, but it was in Atti Mode "Mode changed to Atti"

GPS signal weak. Switched to Attitude mode. Aircraft unable to hover. Fly with caution (Code: 120088)

is that normal? and can I override that 5m limit?

Thank you
Hasan.
2021-1-20
Use props
djiuser_267jcyL97zif
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15738737 ft
Bulgaria

There is no actual limit, since the drone does not know its position when it does not have GPS.
2021-1-20
Use props
hhasanain
lvl.4
Saudi Arabia

That’s the weird thing, it was stuck at about 5 meters, and no matter how I push the stick, it’s just at the elevation.

2021-1-20
Use props
djiuser_267jcyL97zif
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15738737 ft
Bulgaria

You can block the visual system with black duct tape on the bottom sensors, and then the drone will use only the barometer for the attitude mode, and the limit will be 30m in height.

Note this will make it hard for landing, so try to move slow.
2021-1-20
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Of course there is a limit, https://droneproskills.com/atti-mode-the-complete-guide/ says:

ATTI mode Max altitude?
ATTI mode has a max height of 30 metres when the Downward system is inactivated. And is limited to 5 meters when the Downward vision system is activated.
... So this a very tricky part where people get a lot of confusion.

Would be better then, when you tape the sensors.
2021-1-20
Use props
hhasanain
lvl.4
Saudi Arabia

so it’s the sonar sensor that’s stopping me. A black tape might actually help
2021-1-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Hasan. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given. Please be careful while flying indoors as the DJI Mini 2 stabilization feature may experience interference and might affect the said drone. If you really need to fly indoors kindly please use a DJI Mini 2 Propeller Guard and activate the Payload mode on the DJI Fly application. The DJI Mavic Mini Propeller Guard protects the propellers and other objects from damage. Just a reminder that when the said drone's GPS is weak, the safety feature of the DJI Mini 2 will trigger and limits the height to 5 meters for safety purposes. In addition interference from other sources might have triggered the drone to move uncontrollably.  The Vision System of the DJI Mini 2 allows the aircraft to hover at low altitudes ( 0.5 to 10 m ), but the ground must have distinct textures, and there needs to be sufficient lighting. Thank you.

2021-1-20
Use props
hhasanain
lvl.4
Saudi Arabia

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-20 19:18
Hello there Hasan. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given. Please be careful while flying indoors as the DJI Mini 2 stabilization feature may experience interference and might affect the said drone. If you really need to fly indoors kindly please use a DJI Mini 2 Propeller Guard and activate the Payload mode on the DJI Fly application. The DJI Mavic Mini Propeller Guard protects the propellers and other objects from damage. Just a reminder that when the said drone's GPS is weak, the safety feature of the DJI Mini 2 will trigger and limits the height to 5 meters for safety purposes. In addition interference from other sources might have triggered the drone to move uncontrollably.  The Vision System of the DJI Mini 2 allows the aircraft to hover at low altitudes ( 0.5 to 10 m ), but the ground must have distinct textures, and there needs to be sufficient lighting. Thank you.

Thank you Stephen,, That is very useful,, I will use the guard for future indoor flights
2021-1-20
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Experienced the same outdoors in a weak GPS area. During daytime, good visibility, the drone didn't want to go up more than 5m. Had to fly a couple of meters and wait for enough GPS satellite reception before I could go any higher.
2021-1-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

hhasanain Posted at 1-20 21:58
Thank you Stephen,, That is very useful,, I will use the guard for future indoor flights

Hi there Hasan. You are very much welcome and If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. .
2021-1-21
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

jonny007 Posted at 1-20 07:18
Of course there is a limit, https://droneproskills.com/atti-mode-the-complete-guide/ says:

ATTI mode Max altitude?

2021-1-22
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

According to M2 manual If You start the drone with good GPS coverage and Then go inside Limitation Will Not apply!
2021-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules