Assistant 2 FPV series virus
3893 18 2021-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blenky
New

United Kingdom

Hi all,

Looking for some help. When i download the mac version of Assitant 2 FPV series it comes up with some really strange box and looks very much like a virus.

I therefore cannot activate my new goggles and controller. Photo of the installed softwahunbAIECBAgQCAX+D8zFZDHJNdZkQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==[/img]
2021-1-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do you have a photo???
2021-1-21
Use props
DNSM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 193894 ft
  • >>>
Japan

FIXED ! Thx DJI
2021-1-21
Use props
DNSM
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

FIXED ! Thx DJI
2021-1-23
Use props
DNSM
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

FIXED ! Thx DJI
2021-1-26
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hopefully DJI can get back to you before they start their Chinese New Year, which falls on February 12th (and lasts for 7 days from February 11 to February 17, 2021.  Pretty sure they shut everything down for during this time.   
2021-1-27
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hopefully, your downloading from the DJI site here.  Looks like the current MAC version is as follows;  
Mac V2.1.0  (Dated 2021-01-20)

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... nt-2-dji-fpv-series

P.S.  I Private Messaged (PM'd) one of the DJI Assistants (DJI Mindy) on this issue as well. Saw a 'similar' thread for 'DJI Assisant 2' (non FPV Version) and DJI ADMIN offered a work-around.  Not sure if that work-around will fix this issue or totally unrelated.

Also, posted a recent YouTube Video on this in case anyone figures out a work-around before DJI is able to reply/response/fix.

2021-1-27
Use props
DNSM
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

RGMGFitness Posted at 1-27 12:18
Hopefully, your downloading from the DJI site here.  Looks like the current MAC version is as follows;  
Mac V2.1.0  (Dated 2021-01-20)

Hi,

Thanks for the response and the video!

FIXED ! Thx DJI
2021-1-28
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DNSM Posted at 1-28 17:39
Hi,

Thanks for the response and the video!

Yeah, I reached out to a few people to assist in getting things moving.  I was checking to see if I had the older version of the DJI Assistant 2 (FPV Version) that I could share but I must have deleted the installer.

Looks like DJI doesn't keep the older versions around either (I guess to avoid confusion).   But seems like it might be a good idea for them to keep older versions for issues like this.  If I hear anything I'll update this thread.  Appreciate the feedback.
2021-1-28
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

UPDATE:   For MAC OS (Catalina Version) users I was told by DJI to go into "SYSTEM PREFERENCES" and "SECURITY & PRIVACY".  Then, click "OPEN ANYWAY", and "CONTINUE" to start the installation.  I'll have to test later....just sharing what I've heard to date.

NOTE: If still having problems open an ONLINE CHAT SESSION WITH DJI SUPPORT.  Click on ONLINE SUPPORT toward bottom of page.
     ULR:  https://www.dji.com/support/product/fpv

2021-1-29
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI,

I believe you need to update the "DJI Assistant 2" app. from32-bit to 64-bit to avoid this issue.  See link below.

Apple has been working with developers to transition their apps, and in 2018 Apple informed them that macOS Mojave would be the last version of macOS to run 32-bit apps. Starting with macOS Catalina, 32-bit apps are no longer compatible with macOS.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208436

2021-1-30
Use props
B00mer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 330397 ft
United States

Hi all, created an account just to post here. I have been able to install DJI Assistant 2 FPV on my MSI Creator laptop (Windows 10) but it will not run, even as administrator, even after disabling Windows Defender, and I have a brand new whoop that I cannot fly because I cannot bind the radio or goggles. Very frustrating!
2021-2-2
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

B00mer Posted at 2-2 18:02
Hi all, created an account just to post here. I have been able to install DJI Assistant 2 FPV on my MSI Creator laptop (Windows 10) but it will not run, even as administrator, even after disabling Windows Defender, and I have a brand new whoop that I cannot fly because I cannot bind the radio or goggles. Very frustrating!

You might want to try doing a LIVE CHAT with DJI Support here;  https://www.dji.com/support/product/fpv

Once you get to this link...go to the very bottom of page and selection ONLINE SUPPORT. You'll get another POP-UP, select PRODUCT & TECHNICAL SUPPORT, scroll to bottom and select STILL NEED HELP, and a live chat will start with DJI.  Good luck...keep us posted if you hear anything further for Windows 10 users.
2021-2-3
Use props
techguy1623
lvl.1

United States

First DJI build

Same issue with windows 10 -My first digital build just my luck. https://rotorbuilds.com/build/25996 my first dji build WTH
2021-2-10
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

techguy1623 Posted at 2-10 20:57
Same issue with windows 10 -My first digital build just my luck. https://rotorbuilds.com/build/25996 my first dji build WTH[view_image]

in the thread above yours I mentioned trying to open a CHAT window with DJI Support and see if they're offering a solution yet.  Here's the link....

You might want to try doing a LIVE CHAT with DJI Support here;  https://www.dji.com/support/product/fpv
2021-2-11
Use props
rtrout2010
New

United States

I'm having same issue 2 different win 10 computers get trojan virus warning.  This is Ridiculous DJI  im sure I'm not the only one who waited for ever for the v2 goggles to come out shelled out $600 early and this is the product we get.  How incredibly frustrating.  If this doesn't get fixed soon I'm shipping these things back and will get shark byte!!!!!
2021-2-14
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

FYI:

In another DJI Forum post the DJI ADMIN wrote the following;  "........The anti-virus software is reporting false positives. If the installation file is downloaded from the official website www.dji.com  or obtained through regular channels, you can disable the anti-virus  software on your PC to install the DJI software.After the installation  process is done, you can now enable the anti-virus again."

I havent' tried myself (haven't upgraded yet)...perhaps this can be used as a work-around.  If someone tries it just let us know if it worked.

2021-2-14
Use props
doraymon
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

Signing in for the same problem, Chrome is blocking the download of the  app and I'm stuck with my first drone and FPV goggles...
2021-2-18
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

doraymon Posted at 2-18 11:21
Signing in for the same problem, Chrome is blocking the download of the  app and I'm stuck with my first drone and FPV goggles...

Hopefully, you've got this working at this point.  Just 'disable' any anti-virus software you have temporarily so you can run (or install) the DJI FPV Assistant 2.  Then 'enable' it again....many have confirmed there is no virus if downloaded directly from the DJI website.  Doesn't appear DJI is fixing this issue anytime soon and some have reported this was an issue in older versions of the software as well.  
2021-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules