Why Does SC Block My Attemps to Launch?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MRomine
Second Officer
Flight distance : 850971 ft
United States

I'm trying to do a job that requires that I take off from these coordinates 40.496600, -89.078870 but my Smart Controller is telling me that I am in class D airspace but all of my other maps, Airmaps, KIttyhawk and even the DJI GEO fencing map say that I am outside of any restricted airspace (unless I am reading everything incorrectly). To me it looks like I am in class 'G' airspace. Plus I have an FAA Waiver for my small town but I am just beyond the five mile radius of our local airport. So I'm trying to figure out why I am being restricted from taking off.
2021-1-20
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Beats me.  I concur that you are just outside the class D airspace.

Curious of something however.  Just west of there is a neighborhood that Google Earth shows as an airport with houses along the street / runway - Crossbow Drive.  However, there are houses at each end which would not make sense for a runway, and when looking at Street View, none of the houses have garages large enough for even a small airplane.  Is that really a residential airport neighborhood, or is Google Earth messed up?
2021-1-20
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wonder if the the SC needs an update such as firmware and FlySafe database. Do you get the same result using the normal controller with your phone or tablet?
2021-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules