remote disconnected
459 9 2021-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KPrawn
lvl.1
Australia

How common is cable failure on mavic mini to iphone? i have a new mini used it once and now as soon as it takes off i get disconnect alarm and lose video stream. internet seem point to cable as issue but the whole kit is brand new

2021-1-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there KPrawn. I am sorry for the the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist and are you receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application? Thank you.
2021-1-20
Use props
KPrawn
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-20 23:16
Hello there KPrawn. I am sorry for the the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist and are you receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application? Thank you.

i will download the app onto my Samsung tablet so i can use an alternative lead provided in my kit to rule out other potential issues as you suggest. thanks for your response Stephen
2021-1-20
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Cables and ports on the Mini are pretty loose quality (literally). My power cables lose contact when I wiggle them (charger) and the USB receptacle of the remote is pretty loose, still, with my new OTG replacement cable is doing OK.
2021-1-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

KPrawn Posted at 1-20 23:25
i will download the app onto my Samsung tablet so i can use an alternative lead provided in my kit to rule out other potential issues as you suggest. thanks for your response Stephen

Hi there KPrawn. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2021-1-21
Use props
120ccpm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

Never had a single issue with my MM since I bought it exactly 1 year ago, but recently I got a couple "RC disconnected" errors on my iPhone. I have bought a non-OEM replacement cable from Amazon and so far it's been working fine, but I have used it only once, so it's too early to say if it really fixed the problem.
I wonder if it's truly a cable/connector issue, or if it's a software thing. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but my problems started when DJI updated the DJI Fly App to support the Mini 2. And maybe it's just me paying more attention to this subject, but I seem to have seen a few posts lately about RC disconnects...

Side note, the replacement cable is much thicker than OEM, and that makes it a bit more difficult to bend and position properly.
2021-1-21
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

I had a cheap 13” cable from amazon and it failed so I went to a different vender and haven’t had any problem. I bout a second one as a spare.
Doug
2021-1-22
Use props
Cients
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

I had a problem of poor connection with a mobile phone.
Had to use a different model.
2021-1-22
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

Remember the iPhone and devices are plugged in hundreds of times a year and we all or some wiggle the plug when unplugging them. Cables also go bad. A few months ago I had my cable go bad and it was new cable.
2021-1-22
Use props
KPrawn
lvl.1
Australia

I downloaded the dji fly app to my samsung tablet and the provided lead from the kit worked well so borrowed a friends iphone lead to try and it works well with my iphone so i guess i have a dicky lead as it still plays up regular and as my friends lead worked fine it cant be the phone or remote, must admit the fact you need thread the lead through the remotes phone clamp arm every time for use its going to put wear on it. I'm currently sourcing 30cm leads and a remote support for the phone so its not required to be in the clamps which were never an issue with my spark as the phone wifi connected the remote.

Thanks everyone for your input
2021-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules