Is there a recommended lapel mic for the Osmo 3 Mobile?
1159 4 2021-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dean
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi, there.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a suitable lapel mic (also called Lavalier mic , I believe) for my setup?  Everything I have seen connects via the Lightning connector to my Iphone 7 - and I am not very happy with this extra weight on one side of my phone putting the setup out of balance and out of sync.  What I reall need is a mic that connects to the Osmo 3 via either of the USB ports on the side.  Is this possible?  Will either of the USB sockets run a mic input?  Anyone out there with some experience of this issue?
2021-1-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there dean. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given. The external microphone cannot be connected to the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 directly. Therefore this function depends on the compatibility of your mobile device and the microphone that you will be using. In addition, I am hoping that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI Member who owns the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and who uses the wired lapel microphone on the said gimbal and on how do they set it up. Thank you.
2021-1-21
Use props
dean
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks, Stephen.  Ideally we want a Bluetooth connection between the lapel mic and the Iphone because we don't want any wires weighing down the balance of the gimbal on the phone.  Is there such a thing, because I've looked everywhere?!
2021-1-21
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

https://hookeaudio.com/verse/#mailing-list-section
2021-1-23
Use props
dean
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks for this suggestion but my understanding is that you have to have the Hooke Verse app running to record the sound to your Iphone.  The problem is that DJI Mimo is also required to run the Osmo and - as far as I am aware - you can't keep both apps running at the same time?

Dean
2021-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules